Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018...
Alright i thought i would do a 2nd Mock and with this one i am doing a trade to add more picks in the mid rounds...

Trade two 5ths and a 7th for one 4th...

1st Round - Frank Ragnow C Arkansas - As you guys know by now this is my favorite Center prospect in this Draft, played
in the SEC against the biggest baddest DT's in college. Was coached by the same coach that coached Travis Frederick and this
coach said Ragnow was the best Center he has every coached. Big, nasty, smart, great in the run game and in pass protection
and has longer arms than Billy Price.

2nd Round - Rashaan Evans LB Alabama - Had a very bad Pro Day and people are starting to see him falling out of the
first round and who knows how far he might. People are liking Vander Esch more for his upside but i don't, i think Rashaan is
exactly what we need at SAM with his ability to shed blocks, stop the run and cover. Much more physical with O-lineman than
Vander Esch is and tackles better.

3rd Round - Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon - Physical run blocker that would instantly be an upgrade at RT if Fisher doesn't
really improve. Pollack can coach him up in pass protection but he is already a better run blocker than Orlando Brown and he
moves way better.

3rd Round comp - Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma - Great pass catcher that needs to work on his blocking, great insurance
in case Eifert gets hurt again or if he leaves after this season.

3rd Round pick from Jacksonville - Jessie Bates III FS Wake Forest - That cover Safety we need.

4th Round - Jaylen Holmes DE OSU - Need another pass rushing End to add to the fold, this guy is a steal at this point.

4th Round pick in trade - Poona Ford DT Texas - Dude is just too good to pass up here, blew me away watching him
last year. Made plays everytime i watched Texas, this guy could be great if Billings, Baker and Glasgow are not.

5th Round - Deontay Burnett WR USC - Highly talented WR we like to get in the 5th every year lol

7th Round - Eddy Piniero K Florida

7th Round - Riley Ferguson QB Memphis - Really liked watching this guy play last year in the two games i was able to
see Memphis, dude is raw but has size and talent. Tiger becomes a Bengal.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I’m not mad at it

Reply/Quote
You are selling me on the Ragnow hype train.

I wouldnt mind what else happened after Ragnow and Rashaan. Adding those two would be huge
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with Ragnow ... or Price. And I'm fine with doing it in the first, to just make sure we've got the center. Will Hernandez would be nice, but I think Westerman or Redman can hold down that right guard position. I'm a little antsy about Fisher, but I still think he's got a chance to do it.

We've got a chance to really make a move on that sorry ass line, and if we do, that will make all the difference. I give them credit on the Cordy Glenn move. Now let's finish the job.
Reply/Quote
I love that kicker. I hope the Bengals grab him.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 09:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m not mad at it

Have a brewski and look at it again man. Cool

I think it is just as good as my first one.

(04-06-2018, 11:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You are selling me on the Ragnow hype train.

I wouldnt mind what else happened after Ragnow and Rashaan. Adding those two would be huge

Thanks Nati. Rock On

I agree, after those two picks everything else is pretty much gravy.

(04-07-2018, 04:13 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I'm ok with Ragnow ... or Price.  And I'm fine with doing it in the first, to just make sure we've got the center.  Will Hernandez would be nice, but I think Westerman or Redman can hold down that right guard position.  I'm a little antsy about Fisher, but I still think he's got a chance to do it.

We've got a chance to really make a move on that sorry ass line, and if we do, that will make all the difference.  I give them credit on the Cordy Glenn move.  Now let's finish the job.

Completely agree with everything you said, we need to follow through after the nice start on the O-line.

(04-07-2018, 03:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I love that kicker. I hope the Bengals grab him.

Yeah, not sold on Fat Randy even if he didn't have a bad year, he still is not a clutch Kicker.
Reply/Quote
Evans, Evans, and Brown.

A law firm?

Or our starting LBs until Burfict gets back?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I take Evans in the 1st. I don't want to play against him twice a year in Pittsburgh. I know you said he had a bad pro day, but I value the game tape more than the "underwear olympics" these guys partake in. I think Ragnow will still be there when we pick in round 2. Overall I would be thrilled with your mock though!
Reply/Quote
Overall, a quality draft from top to bottom. Though, I do think taking Ragnow at 21 is a bit of a reach, as he likely would be there at 46. But, if you're sold that he's the only one to get the job done, then secure him early..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 05:57 PM)Shady Wrote: Evans, Evans, and Brown.

A law firm?

Or our starting LBs until Burfict gets back?

Nice.

(04-07-2018, 08:46 PM)BENGALSNATI85 Wrote: I take Evans in the 1st. I don't want to play against him twice a year in Pittsburgh. I know you said he had a bad pro day, but I value the game tape more than the "underwear olympics" these guys partake in. I think Ragnow will still be there when we pick in round 2. Overall I would be thrilled with your mock though!

Definately understand that i just don't think Ragnow will last until our 2nd pick, i hope so and either way it played out i
would be extremely happy. I just think Ragnow is the best Center in this Draft and his pick alone makes the Draft great.

Have to get this guy or Price to knock the Draft out of the park IMHO.

Thanks for your thoughts dude. Cool

(04-07-2018, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Overall, a quality draft from top to bottom.  Though, I do think taking Ragnow at 21 is a bit of a reach, as he likely would be there at 46.  But, if you're sold that he's the only one to get the job done, then secure him early..

Actually i have us trading back with Jacksonville and taking him and adding a late 3rd round pick Sunset.

I think this way it is more likely and not so much of a reach. But i mean, if Pollack agrees and thinks Ragnow is the best Center
and is the next Travis Frederick is that really a reach at 21?
Reply/Quote
What I like is that a lot of huge needs are filled with starting talent. What I am not sure of is Evans and Crosby. Evans projects as a WILL backer, but has had issues with durability and coverage isn't his strength. He is most adept at rushing the passer, something the Bengals rarely do with their LBs. Crosby just makes me nervous because of the "block just one second" scheme at Oregon.

I am surprised you feel he would be an upgrade over Fisher when he is a rookie coming out of college and projected at the same (or lower) area as Fisher. I like Crosby, but I don't love him here. If Brown is available with those albatross arms, I would much rather have him.

As far as Ragnow goes, I hope the Bengals do go with the Center (and are maybe able to slide and get additional picks) despite so many mocks not showing Price and Ragnow drafted early. I think that is more of a function of ratings and "centers aren't sexy". The fact that Elflein went #70 overall last year might get the Bengals thinking they can wait and still get one (Ragnow or Price), with a guy like Bozeman as a consolation prize.

If the Bengals do wait on the center, I can almost guarantee they would go with a LB in the first. That is what I am guessing Marv wanted so badly last year, and even though they signed Brown, it is only a one year deal. So, the question might become: Do you go Vander Esche or Rashaan Evans? I would go with Vander Esche although I would rather see a tackle like McGlinchey, a Guard like Wynn or Hernandez, or even someone like Vea should he fall all the way to #21.

It will be very interesting.

You killed the back half, and that is every bit as important. They really, really need to nail the center and LB positions this year, however, and if they can do that AND get a starting caliber OT like McGlinchey, it would be perfect.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 08:46 PM)BENGALSNATI85 Wrote: I take Evans in the 1st. I don't want to play against him twice a year in Pittsburgh. I know you said he had a bad pro day, but I value the game tape more than the "underwear olympics" these guys partake in. I think Ragnow will still be there when we pick in round 2. Overall I would be thrilled with your mock though!

Was going to make eat his comment but you beat me to it. I couldn’t agree more. Last five years three total Centers have been drafted in 1st and 2nd rounds. There maybe three taken this year in first two rounds but I’m dairly confident we’d get one of them (Frank, Daniels or Price) by Bengals 2nd pick. This would allow us to get a stud defender in 1st rd.
Reply/Quote

Was going to make eat his comment but you beat me to it. I couldn’t agree more. Last five years three total Centers have been drafted in 1st and 2nd rounds. There maybe three taken this year in first two rounds but I’m dairly confident we’d get one of them (Frank, Daniels or Price) by Bengals 2nd pick. This would allow us to get a stud defender in 1st rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What I like is that a lot of huge needs are filled with starting talent.  What I am not sure of is Evans and Crosby.  Evans projects as a WILL backer, but has had issues with durability and coverage isn't his strength.  He is most adept at rushing the passer, something the Bengals rarely do with their LBs.  Crosby just makes me nervous because of the "block just one second" scheme at Oregon.  

I am surprised you feel he would be an upgrade over Fisher when he is a rookie coming out of college and projected at the same (or lower) area as Fisher.  I like Crosby, but I don't love him here.  If Brown is available with those albatross arms, I would much rather have him.

As far as Ragnow goes, I hope the Bengals do go with the Center (and are maybe able to slide and get additional picks) despite so many mocks not showing Price and Ragnow drafted early.  I think that is more of a function of ratings and "centers aren't sexy".  The fact that Elflein went #70 overall last year might get the Bengals thinking they can wait and still get one (Ragnow or Price), with a guy like Bozeman as a consolation prize.  

If the Bengals do wait on the center, I can almost guarantee they would go with a LB in the first.  That is what I am guessing Marv wanted so badly last year, and even though they signed Brown, it is only a one year deal.  So, the question might become:  Do you go Vander Esche or Rashaan Evans?  I would go with Vander Esche although I would rather see a tackle like McGlinchey, a Guard like Wynn or Hernandez, or even someone like Vea should he fall all the way to #21.

It will be very interesting.

You killed the back half, and that is every bit as important.  They really, really need to nail the center and LB positions this year, however, and if they can do that AND get a starting caliber OT like McGlinchey, it would be perfect.

Thanks for this brother. I think we just like certain players better than each other. I like Rashaan better than Vander Esch cause
Rashaan is much better at disengaging from blockers and is a much better tackler and more physical. LVE might have more upside
but Rashaan i think is a better fit at SAM where we have our biggest need at LB. I don't see Rashaan as a WILL at all. He is purely
a SAM. He can shed blocks, stop the run and cover well enough.

Also, as i hear from Jim O we won't go with a LB in the Draft until mid rounds unless someone crazy talented falls which is what i
have happening here.

I like Crosby more than Orlando cause he is a violent run blocker, nothing like Fisher. He can work on his pass protection under
Pollack, he has good feet and violent hands. Would love to have Wynn but i don't think Guard is a huge need and i don't know if
Ragnow will be there at 46 which is why i would take him in the first. He is the best Center in this Draft IMHO.

Especially for us. Thanks again man, good stuff. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this brother. I think we just like certain players better than each other. I like Rashaan better than Vander Esch cause
Rashaan is much better at disengaging from blockers and is a much better tackler and more physical. LVE might have more upside
but Rashaan i think is a better fit at SAM where we have our biggest need at LB. I don't see Rashaan as a WILL at all. He is purely
a SAM. He can shed blocks, stop the run and cover well enough.

Also, as i hear from Jim O we won't go with a LB in the Draft until mid rounds unless someone crazy talented falls which is what i
have happening here.

I like Crosby more than Orlando cause he is a violent run blocker, nothing like Fisher. He can work on his pass protection under
Pollack, he has good feet and violent hands. Would love to have Wynn but i don't think Guard is a huge need and i don't know if
Ragnow will be there at 46 which is why i would take him in the first. He is the best Center in this Draft IMHO.

Especially for us. Thanks again man, good stuff. Rock On

I can already feel that sickness that will be in my gut waiting to get a center until Rd 2.  That is going to be a looooong round.  They absolutely must nail the center position.  With apologies to TJ Johnson, it is a massive hole in the middle of our line.  If you get Price or Ragnow, I think Dalton has his hands under his sack for a decade and is very pleased.  

An interesting discussion is "which do you take in Rd 2 if both are there?".  

I am torn.  I look at Ragnow as the solid choice.  Reliable.  Durable.  Tough.  Long.  Proven.

I look at Price as many of the same qualities, but absolutely love his leadership and attitude.  With our offensive line since Whit's departure, I think those are very important qualitites.  

I guess my vote would be Price, and yes, a small part of that is that he is a former buckeye.  Not so much for ticket sales, but I would love to have more than about 5 people on the Bengal Bandwagon around here and buckeye fans do like to support their guys in the pros.  

I sure wouldn't be disappointed with Ragnow, though.  I think either one of them will make our team 100% better for years to come.  

One other point about Rashaan and being our SAM backer:  Do you think it is wise to select a guy that would be off the field for 66% (at least) of our defensive snaps?  We play in nickel more than two-thirds of the time.  I look at LVE as a guy that could play nickel with Burfict, and develop behind Brown...still puzzled why he only was signed for one season.  

I can't help but think if the Bengals DON'T slide in Rd 1, they might get a pretty highly ranked safety.  
Reply/Quote
Love those first two picks but obviously like in my mock I did I would flip them. I would like to see Evans even make it to #21 but even he does and we pass on him then he doesn't get past the Steelers. They need linebackers and he is a complete stud. I also still think Ragnow is picked 3rd out of the 3 Centers. I like them all and actually prefer Price and Ragnow for the Bengals due to their styles but Daniels is going to likely go first in my opinion because a lot of teams will love his athleticism at the position. I could easily see one of or both of Price or Ragnow being available in the 2nd round. What would make me nervous is Daniels goes to someone in the 1st in the early to mid 20's besides the Bengals, then the Vikings snag up Price, and now you are sitting there almost having to come back up in a trade to land Ragnow at that point. Will be the biggest thing I am watching for on draft day is how early the first Center is taken. Good mock though buddy and really love the entire draft.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 11:10 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Was going to make eat his comment but you beat me to it. I couldn’t agree more. Last five years three total Centers have been drafted in 1st and 2nd rounds. There maybe three taken this year in first two rounds but I’m dairly confident we’d get one of them (Frank, Daniels or Price) by Bengals 2nd pick. This would allow us to get a stud defender in 1st rd.

I just think if we traded back got Ragnow and another pick we would be better off cause after that everything is about BPA.

Our need would be filled.

(04-13-2018, 07:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can already feel that sickness that will be in my gut waiting to get a center until Rd 2.  That is going to be a looooong round.  They absolutely must nail the center position.  With apologies to TJ Johnson, it is a massive hole in the middle of our line.  If you get Price or Ragnow, I think Dalton has his hands under his sack for a decade and is very pleased.  

An interesting discussion is "which do you take in Rd 2 if both are there?".  

I am torn.  I look at Ragnow as the solid choice.  Reliable.  Durable.  Tough.  Long.  Proven.

I look at Price as many of the same qualities, but absolutely love his leadership and attitude.  With our offensive line since Whit's departure, I think those are very important qualitites.  

I guess my vote would be Price, and yes, a small part of that is that he is a former buckeye.  Not so much for ticket sales, but I would love to have more than about 5 people on the Bengal Bandwagon around here and buckeye fans do like to support their guys in the pros.  

I sure wouldn't be disappointed with Ragnow, though.  I think either one of them will make our team 100% better for years to come.  

One other point about Rashaan and being our SAM backer:  Do you think it is wise to select a guy that would be off the field for 66% (at least) of our defensive snaps?  We play in nickel more than two-thirds of the time.  I look at LVE as a guy that could play nickel with Burfict, and develop behind Brown...still puzzled why he only was signed for one season.  

I can't help but think if the Bengals DON'T slide in Rd 1, they might get a pretty highly ranked safety.  

If both Ragnow and Price are there i take Ragnow everytime. Nothing against Price, he is a great run blocker and might
have more upside, but Ragnow is more experienced at Center, is healthy, played in the SEC and was coached by the same
coach that coached Travis Frederick.

Cannot say it enough that that same coach said Ragnow is the best he ever coached.

Better pass protector than Price, never gave up a sack in his college career!

(04-13-2018, 12:40 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Love those first two picks but obviously like in my mock I did I would flip them. I would like to see Evans even make it to #21 but even he does and we pass on him then he doesn't get past the Steelers. They need linebackers and he is a complete stud. I also still think Ragnow is picked 3rd out of the 3 Centers. I like them all and actually prefer Price and Ragnow for the Bengals due to their styles but Daniels is going to likely go first in my opinion because a lot of teams will love his athleticism at the position. I could easily see one of or both of Price or Ragnow being available in the 2nd round. What would make me nervous is Daniels goes to someone in the 1st in the early to mid 20's besides the Bengals, then the Vikings snag up Price, and now you are sitting there almost having to come back up in a trade to land Ragnow at that point. Will be the biggest thing I am watching for on draft day is how early the first Center is taken. Good mock though buddy and really love the entire draft.

Cool man, thanks. I think the Steelers take Vander Esch over Rashaan which is why he might fall, that with his poor
Pro Day and the fact he is not a great cover Linebacker. Also believe that Price might be there in the 2nd, but i think
Ragnow will not. Daniels is not on my list honestly, he just doesn't have the core strength we need in our run first O.

A pass first Offense will take Daniels though and he will probably be the first Center taken i agree.
Reply/Quote
I would be very happy with this draft. Nice Job!
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 11:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would be very happy with this draft. Nice Job!

Thank you brother, like we were talking about trading back and grabbing Ragnow in the first would probably be our best move. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Had to bump this mock as it looks to be the most realistic of mine leading up to the Draft.

I had us trading back and grabbing Ragnow but now i just think we would take him at 21 cause one of the Patriots,
Panthers, Falcons, Vikings or Bears will take him before our 2nd rounder. Rashaan could fall, you never know.

Crosby is my favorite run blocking Tackle in this Draft. Andrews is my 3rd favorite pass catching TE. Jessie Bates is
my 2nd favorite ball hawking FS. I mean, the more i look back at this one the more i like it.
Reply/Quote