Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022...
(04-24-2022, 12:03 AM)pulses Wrote: Josh Paschal is a consensus 2nd or 3rd round guy not a 6th rounder......Parham is gonna be gone in the 2nd or 3rd and not in the 7th.....some are off ALOT

I haven't seen Parham last that long on PFF, but I have on PFN.  

There are always huge fallers in the draft.  I remember when the board would've been ecstatic with Andrew Billings in 1 and he fell to us in the 4th.  We were discussing Rey Maualuga with a Top 10 pick and he fell to us in the second.  Just last year, Trey Smith was being talked up as being a 2nd rounder and went in 6.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 02:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: I haven't seen Parham last that long on PFF, but I have on PFN.  

There are always huge fallers in the draft.  I remember when the board would've been ecstatic with Andrew Billings in 1 and he fell to us in the 4th.  We were discussing Rey Maualuga with a Top 10 pick and he fell to us in the second.  Just last year, Trey Smith was being talked up as being a 2nd rounder and went in 6.

Trey Smith had an injury history too which caused him to drop. These players don't have that.
Reply/Quote
Green and Winfrey would make me happy. I like Winfrey's ceiling over Hall, Jones, and Karlaftis. Green is ranked as the 12th best prospect and is considered to be scheme flexible at TDN. I'm not sure why pff thinks so little of these two. 
Reply/Quote
I like this draft a lot. I’d love to see us grab these three players with our top 3 picks. These 3 address our top 3 needs and are great value.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 02:57 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Green and Winfrey would make me happy. I like Winfrey's ceiling over Hall, Jones, and Karlaftis. Green is ranked as the 12th best prospect and is considered to be scheme flexible at TDN. I'm not sure why pff thinks so little of these two. 

If I had to guess, it has to do with Green's athletic testing as he was going top 10 sometimes before the combine.

As for Hall/Winfrey, I think PFF considers them one dimensional (or playing weak competition) and devalues them accordingly. Like maybe they use their own grades to rank. If they think Winfrey/Hall are DPRs from the 3T only, low run D scores lowers their rank.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 02:57 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Green and Winfrey would make me happy. I like Winfrey's ceiling over Hall, Jones, and Karlaftis. Green is ranked as the 12th best prospect and is considered to be scheme flexible at TDN. I'm not sure why pff thinks so little of these two. 

As it was mentioned in another thread Green is very slow and has bad footwork. So he doesn't really fit the wide zone athletic type we would be looking for. He's been sliding for a while now.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:17 PM)pulses Wrote: Strange is better than Salyer IMO. Strange is atheltic with great hand usage and footwork and is perfect for wide zone blocking.31 reps of 225. He played mostly LG in college but played some LT too i believe. Took snaps at the senior bowl  at C and scouts were impressed there as well.  He's a late 2nd 3rd rounder right now. 6'5 307

Thanks Pulses, would love Cole Strange in the 2nd or 3rd now. Wink

(04-22-2022, 06:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Absolutely on Strange.
Crazy athletic.
He will turn 24 before the start of the season though, so he's older.
He's also not as refined, and coming from a smaller school.
Salyer more of a mauler that's a better fit in a power scheme. Also better length and bigger than Strange.

ThumbsUp

(04-22-2022, 07:13 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I like to read the final comments on each player in the NFL.com draft section.  Strange has a good one from an NFC scout.

"If you can find the tape, go watch him against South Carolina in 2018. He was probably about 285 pounds but that joker was getting after it against Javon Kinlaw, who was a lot bigger and stronger." -- Scouting director for NFC team

Thanks guys, sounds like a fit.
Reply/Quote