Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd Mock of 2023
Here we go a MDD without trades and I find this realistic to boot...

1st Round: Mazi Smith DT Michigan
- Big DT that can not only stop the run but rush the passer, perfect replacement for DJ Reader if
he leaves after this season. Mazi can do it all and still has a high ceiling as well.

2nd Round: Matthew Bergeron OT Syracuse
- Mean, mauling OT to compete for the RT spot.

3rd Round: Tank Bigsby RB Auburn
- A 3 down RB that can pass block, catch the ball out of the backfield and break big runs and take
it to the house. Played against the best in the SEC and ran very well, reminds me of Jamaal Charles back in the day, smooth runner that
hits the hole fast and explodes through them and has good balance. This pick allows us to move on from Mixon with all his problems.

4th Round: Jakorian Bennett CB Maryland
- Surprised a talented Corner like this was around in the 4th but with the depth of Corner in
this class I guess it is possible.

5th Round: Brenton Strange TE Penn State
- Can block and catch and is hard to tackle, solid TE for the room.

6th Round: Adam Korsak P Rutgers - Need a good Punter to compete with Chrisman who I wasn't impressed with last year.

7th Round: Tre Tucker WR/RS Cincy - A good Returner to compete with Trent Taylor and would be a quick Slot WR for us.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I would not have a problem with this draft. I like Strange as a prospect but I would like to see him as the second part of a double dip at the TE position.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 02:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would not have a problem with this draft. I like Strange as a prospect but I would like to see him as the second part of a double dip at the TE position.

I agree I'm a huge Strange fan but I don't think he's ever going to offer a downfield threat everything will likely be within 10 yards of the LoS but the YAC and the blocking make him a great prospect in a 12 Personnel package. 

As for the Mock Im a Matthew Bergeron fan. Scheme and Position versatility mauler with great latch strength smooth easy feet. That Syracuse Offense was so abysmal to watch but Bergeron looks really good. I can see him going alot higher if the Run on the second tier of tackles starts around pick 20. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Cry
I agree I'm a huge Strange fan but I don't think he's ever going to offer a downfield threat everything will likely be within 10 yards of the LoS but the YAC and the blocking make him a great prospect in a 12 Personnel package. 

As for the Mock Im a Matthew Bergeron fan. Scheme and Position versatility mauler with great latch strength smooth easy feet. That Syracuse Offense was so abysmal to watch but Bergeron looks really good. I can see him going alot higher if the Run on the second tier of tackles starts around pick 20. 
Tiger

This forum used to be a place of educate. When someone posted a new mock we didn't touch it at least for an hour. We never bumped anyone because we respected your work. Period. Now that's neither her nor there because it was never personal on these boards.
I hate that for this forum.
Im talking the good ol days when Burma posted three Alabama players and when there was a poster called Loli.
When Bfine was posting epic mocks & Hammerstripes would critique your shit....!!When OSUFan didn't use simulations because he didn't need them. When Pulses was coming up and you noticed his work.When Nate was always neutral and just loved everybody. Crazydawg only came around with a couple mocks but we. loved each one.
When Ochocincos was just a name but he made good shit so you respected it! Now you get banned for posting a picture that you would've and did post 10 yrs ago.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 08:39 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

This forum used to be a place of educate. When someone posted a new mock we didn't touch it at least for an hour. We never bumped anyone because we respected your work. Period. Now that's neither her nor there because it was never personal on these boards.
Im talking the good ol days when Burma posted three Alabama players and when there was a poster called Loli.
When Bfine was posting epic mocks & Hammerstripes would critique your shit....!!When OSUFan didn't use simulations because he didn't need them. When Pulses was coming up and you noticed his work.When Nate was always neutral and just loved everybody. Crazydawg only came around with a couple mocks but we. loved each one.
When Ochocincos was just a name but he made good shit so you respected it! Now you get banned for posting a picture that you would've and did post 10 yrs ago.

ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Posts like this make me feel old cuz these arent the names I'd use... mostly because they still post in the Draft Section like today lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 02:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would not have a problem with this draft. I like Strange as a prospect but I would like to see him as the second part of a double dip at the TE position.

Yeah, just wanted to get a Corner in this class as it is stacked. I thought about TE both in the 4th and in the later rounds as well.

This is why trading back and getting more picks should be a thought big time in this draft. I just wanted to have a mock with Mazi 
Smith as the first pick, didn't know if we would be there if I traded back and didn't want to risk it.

(04-09-2023, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: I agree I'm a huge Strange fan but I don't think he's ever going to offer a downfield threat everything will likely be within 10 yards of the LoS but the YAC and the blocking make him a great prospect in a 12 Personnel package. 

Yes, Whyle and Kuntz were both gone who have higher upside as downfield threats.

Agree on Bergeron, he might not be there at 60, we will see. BTW, just saw another mock on msn.com that looked like this...

Darnell Wright, Darnell Washington, Clark Phillips, Tyjae Spears, Elijah Higgins WR, Ventrell Miller LB and Tanner McKee QB...

Highly doubt Washington, Phillips and Spears fall that far but man that would be pretty nice.
Reply/Quote

Yep.  I find myself posting a lot less during draft season these last couple years.
Reply/Quote

Brought back a lot of memories Emeritus, strange days. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I like this mock. It would be solid and improve the team. Tank Bigsby is one of the handful of RB's in this draft I'd love to have. I watch a fair amount of Auburn games. He's a stud for sure. Mazi Smith too, that dude is a beast! I love Reader but dont know if we can keep him and even if we do Smith would still be a good addition. Good draft Nate!
Reply/Quote