Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd Mock...
(04-24-2017, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Howard just wasn't used as much of a pass catching TE at Bama. Doesn't mean he couldn't be a great pass
catcher though with his hands, size and speed. He is an Eifert type talent but a better blocker. With Eifert's
injuries he won't be starting early next season. Howard is great insurance, adds another blocker to help our
young Tackles and is a red zone threat.

I had 2 WR's and 2 RB's for insurance as well. 1 out of those guys could be special.

Sometimes you have to overdraft a position in case one flops. We need speed at WR and versatility at RB.

Thanks for the thoughts Crowe. :andy:

True. I just think TE is not a major need unless Eifert were to miss extended time this season. Howard could blossom into a star, but I want Uzo to get more snaps as he played well in his limited time last season, plus think we could get an efficient TE in the mid rounds. Our first round pick needs to be a homerun in an area we desperately need and Howard would be more of a luxury pick this season than a need pick.

I think if we double dip anywhere it needs to be pass rusher and oline. I think we draft 1 WR and 1 RB and then look at our own guys on the PS.

Overall good post Nate!
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rock On

Thanks Brad, that is the thing, getting Howard pushes Zampese to use those sets more often. Very frustrating last
year watching him get too cute by not using the TE's more. Fisher was all over the place. It would of helped the O
as a whole much more by using TE's where they should be used. Let alone Fisher himself who is an O-lineman.

The Giants shown that drafting DE's is one of the ways to win a SB in this passing league and our guys besides
Dunlap have been bad lately. We need a gamechanger opposite Dunlap to solidify the DL, MJ is not it, Clarke could
be but we don't know that yet. We need some new Ends for Burney to work with, it was only his first year afterall,
he could get better and seemed like he did later last season with his guys.

Jordan Willis is athletic and can rush the passer and stop the run better than about any DE in this draft. He should
only fall cause he was at Kansas State. He is already a bit polished and can be a 3 down End unlike Barnett right
off the bat.

Thanks again.

I think his main reason for falling (potentially) is because the athleticism he demonstrated at the Combine doesn't show up on tape. I'm hopeful that the time he trained from the end of the season through the Combine actually means he will show more bend the NFL, but I understand those hesitant on him based on his tape. Whether he has bend or not, he still had 20.0 sacks and 31.5 TFL the past two seasons against the Big 12, which is known for its high powered offenses and weaker defenses. Derek Barnett had only 3.0 more sacks and the same TFLs as Willis in the past two seasons. I think they are similar players on the field, but Willis showed to be a (much) better athlete at the Combine.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 09:56 AM)Crowe Wrote: True. I just think TE is not a major need unless Eifert were to miss extended time this season. Howard could blossom into a star, but I want Uzo to get more snaps as he played well in his limited time last season, plus think we could get an efficient TE in the mid rounds. Our first round pick needs to be a homerun in an area we desperately need and Howard would be more of a luxury pick this season than a need pick.

I think if we double dip anywhere it needs to be pass rusher and oline. I think we draft 1 WR and 1 RB and then look at our own guys on the PS.

Overall good post Nate!

While eifert is great.  I think we can get buy a few games if hes out with Hewitt kroft and Uz
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 09:56 AM)Crowe Wrote: True. I just think TE is not a major need unless Eifert were to miss extended time this season. Howard could blossom into a star, but I want Uzo to get more snaps as he played well in his limited time last season, plus think we could get an efficient TE in the mid rounds. Our first round pick needs to be a homerun in an area we desperately need and Howard would be more of a luxury pick this season than a need pick.

Overall good post Nate!

Well i cannot disagree with this Crowe, good post yourself. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 1st round - OJ Howard TE Alabama - This is sounding more and more likely with Eifert's injuries, this guy is the best TE
in the deepest TE draft class maybe ever. He can block and catch great, great insurance that adds another top weapon.

2nd round - Jordan Willis DE Kansas State - The pass rusher opposite Dunlap we have needed for so long, this guy
can also stop the run so he would be used immediately in the rotation.

3rd round - Samaji Perine RB Oklahoma - This is a very versatile RB that could start immediately, very polished and
he can do it all. Flying up my board.

4th round - Pat Elflein C Ohio State - Get our Center for the future, he falls cause of his shorter arms.

4th round - Isaac Asiata OG Utah - Nasty, violent run blocker, the interior is looking good now.

5th round - Josh Malone WR Tennessee - Tall, fast deep threat, could be a steal here like MLJ.

5th round - Eddie Vanderdoes DT UCLA - Big run stopper behind Billings.

6th round - Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell - Raw talented OT for the future.

6th round - K.D. Cannon WR Baylor - This dude is another big, fast, deep threat that can be a returner as well.

7th round - TJ Logan RB North Carolina - Fast returner type in case Gio is never the same, nice backfield.

7th round - Eric Wilson LB Cincinnati - Smaller, quick outside LB that would be help on ST's.

Big fan. Top 2 guys have measurables to support being (potentially) pro bowl caliber players. Solid guys in the mid rounds and a nice set of projects and potential role players late. Checks all the boxes for me! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 08:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Looooove this draft.  Would be doing backflips.  My only concern is that I haven't seen a lot of two TE sets out of Zampese, and I really like what I saw in Uzomah in limited action.  Also, if they don't sign Eifert, are we basically just trading paint and are the same team?  Howard is probably higher rated as a prospect than Ross, so I could see the Bengals doing this, but I really, really like what I think Ross could do for this team.  

I think my favorite round is the 4th with Elflein and Asiata.  Wow, the interior of the line just became downright nasty.  With Cannon unlikely to have a roster spot, maybe take the huge dude from USC (Banner) and get him to be the backup RG/RT and see if Davenport can back up the LT spot.  

Great draft, man. 

Thanks dude, i understand the OC questions cause i have them too with Zamp.

We will see, i did it as a mixture of what i see and what i want happening.

(04-25-2017, 08:59 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So, I just did a SIM draft and our drafts are extraordinarily similar haha. So, I take back the criticism Tongue.

Rock On I need to check that out brother. Getting close and i am getting a bit excited.

Drinking a beer loving life as we speak. Lots of ways to go in this draft.

Saw Hobspin went Howard/Kpassagnon 1,2 which is a reach IMO on Kpass at 41, would rather have the more polished Willis.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks dude, i understand the OC questions cause i have them too with Zamp.

We will see, i did it as a mixture of what i see and what i want happening.

Rock On I need to check that out brother. Getting close and i am getting a bit excited.

Drinking a beer loving life as we speak. Lots of ways to go in this draft.

Saw Hobspin went Howard/Kpassagnon 1,2 which is a reach IMO on Kpass at 41, would rather have the more polished Willis.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-CJD-Mock-0

I agree that Kpass is a reach in round 2. He just screams Margus to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-CJD-Mock-0

I agree that Kpass is a reach in round 2. He just screams Margus to me.

Just saw yours, pretty cool it played out so similar lmao.

Like them both and both are very realistic from what i am seeing so close to draft day.

Agreed on Kpass, he is another project, i would take him in the 3rd or later. Take the more polished End in the 2nd.

You would think we would of learned from Hunt wouldn't you?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: While eifert is great.  I think we can get buy a few games if hes out with Hewitt kroft and Uz

I agree. I think drafting Howard next year would be more ideal, doing it this year could send a message to Eiftert that we want to replace you. I also think that if Eifert is healthy than Howard sits the bench more often than not. I personally want to see Uzo, Kroft, and Hewitt get more reps as they've all shown nice things, but in small sample sizes due to Eifert being the main guy. If we take Howard than we drop one of those guys and now we have nothing to show for it. Grabbing a guy like Hodges or Butt or Shaheen in the mid rounds would be ideal for me and it's not like I hate Howard, I just don't like him this year in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i cannot disagree with this Crowe, good post yourself. Mellow

Lol thanks brother! Looking forward to draft day this year!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 1st round - OJ Howard TE Alabama - This is sounding more and more likely with Eifert's injuries, this guy is the best TE
in the deepest TE draft class maybe ever. He can block and catch great, great insurance that adds another top weapon.

2nd round - Jordan Willis DE Kansas State - The pass rusher opposite Dunlap we have needed for so long, this guy
can also stop the run so he would be used immediately in the rotation.

3rd round - Samaji Perine RB Oklahoma - This is a very versatile RB that could start immediately, very polished and
he can do it all. Flying up my board.

4th round - Pat Elflein C Ohio State - Get our Center for the future, he falls cause of his shorter arms.

4th round - Isaac Asiata OG Utah - Nasty, violent run blocker, the interior is looking good now.

5th round - Josh Malone WR Tennessee - Tall, fast deep threat, could be a steal here like MLJ.

5th round - Eddie Vanderdoes DT UCLA - Big run stopper behind Billings.

6th round - Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell - Raw talented OT for the future.

6th round - K.D. Cannon WR Baylor - This dude is another big, fast, deep threat that can be a returner as well.

7th round - TJ Logan RB North Carolina - Fast returner type in case Gio is never the same, nice backfield.

7th round - Eric Wilson LB Cincinnati - Smaller, quick outside LB that would be help on ST's.

I'd be psyched with the first six picks.  After that give me Gonzalez and BPA's and I'm a happy camper.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:59 AM)pledgi Wrote: I'd be psyched with the first six picks.  After that give me Gonzalez and BPA's and I'm a happy camper.  

Yeah, i have been just leaving out a kicker hoping Bullock is the guy.

Might be the wrong strategy but hey, this is my last mock and i had to take the players i like the best.

Kickers, meh. Mellow
Reply/Quote
If we get it!!! Wow
Love the mock
Reply/Quote