Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd and muchly improved Mock...
1st round - Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan State - This keeps our DE rotation tops which we need in order
to destroy QB's. Big time improvement over what we saw from Gilberry and the rest of the backups lately.
Can rush the passer and stop the run, has the size we like in our Ends but can get low unlike Hunt.

2nd round - Michael Thomas WR Ohio State - He only falls this far cause teams want speed early at the WR
position, but this dude is polished, is a great route runner, hands and we already like him.

3rd round - Hassan Ridgeway DT Texas- He only falls cause of the DT depth in this draft. He is a great
run stopper and can also rush the passer. We finally get that dual threat DT next to Geno that will punish OL's
for doubling Geno.

4th round - Evan Boehm C Missouri - This helps the team the most. Center with upside to solidify the OL.

5th round - Kolby Listenbee WR TCU - The double dip and this be my guy. Great size, speed and can return
kicks. Kolby only falls cause teams only think of Doctson when thinking of TCU, but i doubt he falls any further
than this.

6th round - Juston Burris CB NC State - Talented depth in the Secondary.

7th round - Tyler Ervin RB San Jose State - I think we will draft a RB late after losing both Wilder and Watson
this Offseason. This guy is fast and can return kicks. Only falls cause of where he played. This guy was dominant
there though.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I like it! I don't know if Michael Thomas will be there in the 2nd, especially with the hype train growing by the day for him, but it would be awesome if he was.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 03:54 PM)ASUBengalsfan Wrote: I like it! I don't know if Michael Thomas will be there in the 2nd, especially with the hype train growing by the day for him, but it would be awesome if he was.

I don't know if he will be there either, he might be taken in the 1st for all we know by us.

Sounds like we really like the guy, its just that it seems the pass rushers in this draft really fall off towards the
mid rounds and i don't want us to chance it. We need to add another End to our rotation badly. Tyler Boyd is
definately a thought in the 2nd if Thomas is not there.

Thanks for the input.
Reply/Quote
I don't see Ervin falling to the 7th. He's got a mid round grade on him, but a lot of teams seem to be a fan of him. He's getting some Darren Sproles comparisons.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Nice draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 04:48 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't see Ervin falling to the 7th. He's got a mid round grade on him, but a lot of teams seem to be a fan of him. He's getting some Darren Sproles comparisons.

With the way RB's have been falling the last few drafts i thought there might be a chance but you are probably right BD.

Small school plus this is why i have him falling this far.

Thanks for your thought, you are pry correct. But you never know.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 05:00 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Nice draft.

Thanks Thundercloud. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 1st round - Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan State - This keeps our DE rotation tops which we need in order
to destroy QB's. Big time improvement over what we saw from Gilberry and the rest of the backups lately.
Can rush the passer and stop the run, has the size we like in our Ends but can get low unlike Hunt.

2nd round - Michael Thomas WR Ohio State - He only falls this far cause teams want speed early at the WR
position, but this dude is polished, is a great route runner, hands and we already like him.

3rd round - Hassan Ridgeway DT Texas- He only falls cause of the DT depth in this draft. He is a great
run stopper and can also rush the passer. We finally get that dual threat DT next to Geno that will punish OL's
for doubling Geno.

4th round - Evan Boehm C Missouri - This helps the team the most. Center with upside to solidify the OL.

5th round - Kolby Listenbee WR TCU - The double dip and this be my guy. Great size, speed and can return
kicks. Kolby only falls cause teams only think of Doctson when thinking of TCU, but i doubt he falls any further
than this.

6th round - Juston Burris CB NC State - Talented depth in the Secondary.

7th round - Tyler Ervin RB San Jose State - I think we will draft a RB late after losing both Wilder and Watson
this Offseason. This guy is fast and can return kicks. Only falls cause of where he played. This guy was dominant
there though.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if the draft fell like this to us.  I love Calhoun and Thomas is by far and away my favorite tOSU receiver in the draft.  We would even get an SEC Olineman which our couching seems to prefer.

Yes
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 06:04 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if the draft fell like this to us.  I love Calhoun and Thomas is by far and away my favorite tOSU receiver in the draft.  We would even get an SEC Olineman which our couching seems to prefer.

Yes

Thanks man
Reply/Quote
I like it with one exception...the first pick. I like the guy, but don't love him. There will hopefully be a very solid CB there, but the rest is really, really good.
Reply/Quote
Great job, Nate.  If it were to turn out anything like that, we'd have a lot of happy fans on our hands.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nate.......... just when I didn't think it was possible for me to have a bigger man-crush on you....... you go and post a mock draft that I could only dream for!

I don't know if we'd take a rotational guy in the first, but he's a beast and would just eat-up opposing quarterbacks, especially because he'd be in a rotation and would always be fresh. O-lines would have nightmares trying to keep him out of the pocket. A+ pick.

Everyone keeps mocking guys like Treadwell, Fuller, Coleman, and Docston to us in the first, which is crazy to me because we need a possession receiver, and that's Thomas all the way. He's sure-handed and a great route runner, which is what we need in our possession receiver. I have us taking him in the first round to make sure we get him. Another A+ pick.

I love Ridgeway and the depth in this class at DT is unreal, but he'd be a much higher pick any other year. Putting a guy that can stop the run and get to the passer next to Geno wold make our d-line unstoppable. A+ pick.

Love the Boehm pick to solidify our offensive line because it's long overdue. Another A+ pick........ shocker.

Love the Listenbee pick. A+ to round it out. Please apply to run our draft.

I'd comment more but I need to go get dinner and get a seat for the Warriors game.

I love you Nate :heart:
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 09:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like it with one exception...the first pick.  I like the guy, but don't love him.  There will hopefully be a very solid CB there, but the rest is really, really good.

Felt the exact same way.  In a 3-4 I could see him being worth a 1st rounder maybe.  Will the guy ever be big enough to inherit a starting end position here?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 09:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like it with one exception...the first pick.  I like the guy, but don't love him.  There will hopefully be a very solid CB there, but the rest is really, really good.

I can definately understand that, i just don't like how the Ends fall off in this Draft after the 1st and 2nd rounders.

Not very deep. But i like Dodd, Calhoun and Ogbah. I see Dodd getting taken a few picks before us and it was a tough
one for me between Calhoun and Ogbah. As Bobjones has said Ogbah has some trouble in the run game which is why i
took Shil instead.

Jackson the third is definately a thought at 24 but i wanted an End more to keep our rotation strong.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great job, Nate.  If it were to turn out anything like that, we'd have a lot of happy fans on our hands.

Awesome Sunset, always respect your opinion. Thanks a lot. Rock On

(04-13-2016, 10:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nate..........  just when I didn't think it was possible for me to have a bigger man-crush on you.......  you go and post a mock draft that I could only dream for!

I don't know if we'd take a rotational guy in the first, but he's a beast and would just eat-up opposing quarterbacks, especially because he'd be in a rotation and would always be fresh.  O-lines would have nightmares trying to keep him out of the pocket.  A+ pick.

Everyone keeps mocking guys like Treadwell, Fuller, Coleman, and Docston to us in the first, which is crazy to me because we need a possession receiver, and that's Thomas all the way.  He's sure-handed and a great route runner, which is what we need in our possession receiver.  I have us taking him in the first round to make sure we get him.  Another A+ pick.

I love Ridgeway and the depth in this class at DT is unreal, but he'd be a much higher pick any other year.  Putting a guy that can stop the run and get to the passer next to Geno wold make our d-line unstoppable.  A+ pick.

Love the Boehm pick to solidify our offensive line because it's long overdue.  Another A+ pick........  shocker.

Love the Listenbee pick.  A+ to round it out.  Please apply to run our draft.

I'd comment more but I need to go get dinner and get a seat for the Warriors game.

I love you Nate  :heart:

Might be a little too much bro love goin on here Brad... Shocked LMAO
Reply/Quote
i like it man. I think people are sleeping on Callhoun and if we got Thomas in the 2nd that would be fantastic
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 09:38 AM)Crowe Wrote: i like it man. I think people are sleeping on Callhoun and if we got Thomas in the 2nd that would be fantastic

Thanks Crowe. I agree, plus we need an End to keep our rotation strong, Calhoun should be there at 24 unlike
Lawson or Dodd. I find it realistic myself and would be happy with the pick. I understand why some are not over
the moon about it but the Ends in this draft seem to be only good at the top. Falls off rather quickly.

I think we should take a DE early.

Thomas could fall to us in the 2nd and if he does, we will take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Crowe. I agree, plus we need an End to keep our rotation strong, Calhoun should be there at 24 unlike
Lawson or Dodd. I find it realistic myself and would be happy with the pick. I understand why some are not over
the moon about it but the Ends in this draft seem to be only good at the top. Falls off rather quickly.

I think we should take a DE early.

Thomas could fall to us in the 2nd and if he does, we will take him.

Absolutely, plus even though he had somewhat of a down year, the guy still did nothing but produce in college and 1 injury to Dunlap or Atkins and there goes our passrush.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 02:45 PM)Crowe Wrote: Absolutely, plus even though he had somewhat of a down year, the guy still did nothing but produce in college and 1 injury to Dunlap or Atkins and there goes our passrush.

For sure. I like what Hardison shown in limited snaps but we need another End to fill in.

Gilberry had a down year last year but Hunt and Clarke have shown nothing yet. Pass rush disrupts the QB.

Big frickin deal people. We need another End.
Reply/Quote
I agree, Nate. This is a pretty weak class overall for DEs. If we want a good one, and Calhoun fits that description, we'd better take one early, but only if we think the guy can be an immediate difference maker. I think Calhoun can. Ridgeway might, as well.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote