Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nate's 3rd Mock of 2023...
Alright, I like this one more than my others. I made 1 trade back in the 3rd round and received an extra 5th round pick.

This is assuming we extend DJ Reader along with Tee, Burrow and Logan...

1st Round: Darnell Wright OT Tennessee - I know he said some dumb things on twitter but a lot of peeps fall for that shit. He fits
precisely what we need at RT perfectly and was there at 28 for once in this Mock. Take the BPA of need, that is Wright to solidify the
OL in front of Burrow.

2nd Round: Clark Phillips III CB Utah - This guy plays with mad heart, shut down Corner for the future and could play as a rookie
without fall off if needed. Great cover guy and tackler, reminds me of a more sound CTB who doesn't bite on double moves.

3rd Round (traded back a few spots): Tyjae Spears RB Tulane - Game changing back with great burst, speed, vision, is a willing
blocker and can catch the ball out of the backfield. The dynamic back we have been missing.

4th Round: Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion - Big, fast TE with crazy upside who is flying up my board, can go up for the ball very well
and run routes well, has good hands, just comes from a small school.

5th Round: Keaton Mitchell RB East Carolina - Small RB with crazy moves, quicks, speed. Ankle breaker just like Spears.

5th Round: (trade) Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati - Big TE 6'6" with speed and good hands. Our TE room is suddenly sick.

6th Round: Dante Stills DT West Virginia - 3-tech to push Zach Carter and Cam Sample. We need pressure coming from up the
middle to take this Defense to the next level on passing downs.

7th Round: DJ Johnson EDGE Oregon - Was surprised DJ was here in the 7th Round. Good pass rusher to push Gunter, watched
this guy a few times and he impressed me when I watched the Ducks. Got an A+ for this selection as well as the Wright pick.
Reply/Quote
Double double dip club!

This is definitely one of the best Mocks that I’ve seen! I would be incredibly happy with just Rounds 1,2 and 5. Everything else would just be icing on the cake.

I’m not a fan of what Wright said but it doesn’t really change how I view him as a prospect personally. He’s the best RT in the draft and I would be ecstatic if he was somehow still available at 28. I know we have some average guys who can hold down the RT spot on the roster right now but taking a top tier RT and solidifying the line for the next several years is very appealing. With that said, I don’t know why but recently I’ve had this gut feeling that he might be a surprise pick in the top 10 on draft night.

As we discussed before, I also love everything about Clark Phillips and I think he would be a great snag in the 2nd and Whyle is my favorite middle round TE. I would be surprised to see Kuntz go before Whyle though. I suspect NFL teams have a higher rating on Whyle than most draft ranking websites.

Love the Stills value pick late and the two backs you selected. The only concern I have with Spears is the previous torn ACL. Otherwise I love what he brings to the table. Both backs would bring home run potential and would finally gives us that cover 2 beater.

Great job Nate!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 11:59 AM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Double double dip club!

This is definitely one of the best Mocks that I’ve seen! I would be incredibly happy with just Rounds 1,2 and 5. Everything else would just be icing on the cake.

I’m not a fan of what Wright said but it doesn’t really change how I view him as a prospect personally. He’s the best RT in the draft and I would be ecstatic if he was somehow still available at 28. I know we have some average guys who can hold down the RT spot on the roster right now but taking a top tier RT and solidifying the line for the next several years is very appealing. With that said, I don’t know why but recently I’ve had this gut feeling that he might be a surprise pick in the top 10 on draft night.

As we discussed before, I also love everything about Clark Phillips and I think he would be a great snag in the 2nd and Whyle is my favorite middle round TE. I would be surprised to see Kuntz go before Whyle though. I suspect NFL teams have a higher rating on Whyle than most draft ranking websites.

Love the Stills value pick late and the two backs you selected. The only concern I have with Spears is the previous torn ACL. Otherwise I love what he brings to the table. Both backs would bring home run potential and would finally gives us that cover 2 beater.

Great job Nate!

Thank you WhoDeyK. Rock On

Kuntz is running up the boards leading up to the Draft with his RAS scores, he was rated ahead of Whyle which I also found a 
bit strange. I would take them the other way around honestly, but according to MDD it would of been a reach for Whyle in the 
4th, don't know why? Happens though every draft. Jelani Woods last year made a name for himself with his RAS scores and the
combine same as Kuntz.

The ACL with Spears seems to be over with but I understand the concern. I don't think Wright will be taken in the top 10 but 
he very well could be taken ahead of us at 28. He was in all the other mocks I have done, but maybe the twitter thing might 
make other teams pause on taking him and he actually fits us more than any other team. Maybe a team trades up in front of 
us and takes Wright because of this, could happen.

Honestly I think this is my favorite scenario except I hope we get another pick for Jonah in the 3rd or 4th.
Reply/Quote