Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Talent? Oof.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think that's not all that uncommon. Well, perhaps less than 15 is lower than normal. But it's often stated that fewer than 20 players get first round grades in a given draft. I heard Pat Kirwan mention this topic yesterday, but he didn't say anything about the 15 number. But almost invariably there is a team or two that will give few first round grades. What really makes this draft lack luster to most is the dearth of perceived QB talent.
Reply/Quote
Yea, talked to someone yesterday who said that while the narrative is around 15 this year he said that it’s really not that far off the last couple years. The issue this year is that many teams have 0 1st round grades on QB’s which is the biggest difference.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 02:19 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: What really makes this draft lack luster to most is the dearth of perceived QB talent.

(04-27-2022, 04:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: The issue this year is that many teams have 0 1st round grades on QB’s which is the biggest difference.

Even if we ignore QBs... try to put yourself in your mindset of 2021. Is there a single player in the 2022 draft you would have wanted over Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts, Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons, or Rashawn Slater heading into the 2021 draft? It's weird, it's like this year they took the normal 1st round talent, removed all the QBs, and then cut off all of the true blue chip guys.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 04:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even if we ignore QBs... try to put yourself in your mindset of 2021. Is there a single player in the 2022 draft you would have wanted over Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts, Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons, or Rashawn Slater heading into the 2021 draft? It's weird, it's like this year they took the normal 1st round talent, removed all the QBs, and then cut off all of the true blue chip guys.

No, but there is a difference between simply having a 1st round great and having an elite grade. There aren't many elite grades in this class outside of some teams having them on Hamilton, Stingley, Gardner up there.  I think your last statement is true, cut off the usual QB's and maybe a couple more elite guys then the class is pretty similar. Lack of IDL has been an issue two years in a row though which is fascinating.
Reply/Quote
I think this is a fairly normal year for 1st round "grades"

The big difference is that there aren't any big-time elite guys at the top of the draft like most years.
Reply/Quote
We definitely picked the right years to bottom out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 09:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think this is a fairly normal year for 1st round "grades"

The big difference is that there aren't any big-time elite guys at the top of the draft like most years.

Feel the same. Honestly just in the OP it has 2 of my top 2 players I want in Lewis Cine and Logan Hall who have flew up my board
in the last couple of weeks. Keep trying to get both of them in my Mocks but it just won't happen no matter what I do.

Also find Jaquan Brisker once again to be severely underrated in this Draft. 

Same with the small school Corner in Zyon McCollum. I would like a trade down if some freak doesn't fall to 31 that is in a position 
of need.

(04-27-2022, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We definitely picked the right years to bottom out.

Truth.
Reply/Quote