Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's Final Mock Draft...
Used TDN and this is my favorite one the day before the Draft....

1st Round: Joe Burrow QB LSU
2nd Round: Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
3rd Round: Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame
4th Round: Thaddeus Moss TE LSU
5th Round: Davion Taylor LB Colorado
6th Round: Patrick Taylor RB Memphis
7th Round: Trey Adams OT Washington

What do you guys think? Would make me ecstatic. Rock On
Reply/Quote
No LB until 5th RD would have me worried but the players you drafted are good. So I dig the BPA strategy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
6 offensive players, not 1 defender til the 5th round? I know that the team did some moves on defense in free agency, but we need young stock to be able to unload those contracts, at some point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 09:51 PM)J24 Wrote: No LB until 5th RD would have me worried but the players you drafted are good. So I dig the  BPA strategy.

(04-22-2020, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 6 offensive players, not 1 defender til the 5th round?  I know that the team did some moves on defense in free agency, but we need young stock to be able to unload those contracts, at some point.

Taylor could end up being a steal and outperform that draft position by miles.

I don't think he ever played in games in high school because of religious beliefs (but practiced), and then played at a community college for two years (I think) before Colorado snatched him.  

He has the talent and could develop further into a star with Lukabu's coaching, and I'm up in the air on this one because he might not contribute immediately and I agree that we need that, but then this season could also be wiped out, giving him time to develop.

Great mock Nate!  LOVE the Claypool pick!
Reply/Quote
Like the first 3, and I think we will go offense at least 5 times this draft, but I think we address lb/edge in 4 and 5, then back to depth positions in 6-7 on offense
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 09:51 PM)J24 Wrote: No LB until 5th RD would have me worried but the players you drafted are good. So I dig the  BPA strategy.

I did go BPA all the way and concentrated on Offense first. Just wasn't a good LB I liked until Davion who reminds me of 
Queen anyways. Neither Baun, Murray or Queen fell out of the first. ADG just wasn't there, neither was Wilson in the 3rd 
or 4th. With our Free Agency I think we could do more than survive with this Draft.

As I said, my favorite Mock I have done.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 6 offensive players, not 1 defender til the 5th round?  I know that the team did some moves on defense in free agency, but we need young stock to be able to unload those contracts, at some point.

I get that but we can extend Alexander and I think Pratt will be a good to great stack LB and Hubbard, Lawson and Dunlap 
are essentially OLB's in our new 3-4 Hybrid Sunset. That isn't even taking into account Vonn Bell and Shawn who are hybrid
Safeties/Linebackers in the Nickel.

This was all BPA going Offense first which is how I believe we need to treat this Draft with Burrow.

Also believe Trey Adams might make a good Guard for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I did go BPA all the way and concentrated on Offense first. Just wasn't a good LB I liked until Davion who reminds me of 
Queen anyways. Neither Baun, Murray or Queen fell out of the first. ADG just wasn't there, neither was Wilson in the 3rd 
or 4th. With our Free Agency I think we could do more than survive with this Draft.

As I said, my favorite Mock I have done.
We're going to need more than 1 LB though just for depth reasons. Bynes, Pratt, Evans, and Taylor just are not enough. Who knows maybe the Bengals sign Lee and trade for Lavonte David if this draft were to happen.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Taylor could end up being a steal and outperform that draft position by miles.

I don't think he ever played in games in high school because of religious beliefs (but practiced), and then played at a community college for two years (I think) before Colorado snatched him.  

He has the talent and could develop further into a star with Lukabu's coaching, and I'm up in the air on this one because he might not contribute immediately and I agree that we need that, but then this season could also be wiped out, giving him time to develop.

Great mock Nate!  LOVE the Claypool pick!

Thanks Brad. Didn't know all that about Davion in High School. All I know is he is versatile, more-so than Brooks who Lap
has us taking in the 2nd round. You don't have to pick a LB high to get a good one. BTW Lukabu is no longer our LB coach.

We got a new guy named Golden I think, hope he is better than Tem and yeah, really liked getting Claypool in the 3rd.

With Claypool's size and speed he could possible replace AJ down the road which is what I think we really need to think 
about. AJ won't be around forever and he just hasn't been able to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Personally I would never take Thad Moss personally, nice mock tho.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 01:28 AM)J24 Wrote: We're going to need more than 1 LB though just for depth reasons. Bynes, Pratt, Evans, and Taylor just are not enough. Who knows maybe the Bengals sign Lee and trade for Lavonte David if this draft were to happen.

That's 4 linebackers which would be more than enough since we play nickel a majority of the time.  If we are in a 3-4, we're probably looking at rush guys like Hubbard, Lawson etc. as LB in that scheme.
Reply/Quote