Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's Final Mock...
Well here she is, and it is my favorite. Hope it goes down like this...

1st round - Andrew Billings DT Baylor - This is my favorite DT in this draft. He throws interior O-lineman around like
rag dolls like Atkins. Not as good of a pass rusher as Geno but much better than any of our other DT's. This guy will be too
good to sit behind Peko.

2nd round - Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan State - I have been seeing this guy fall to our pick in the 2nd which would be
great seeing as i have already had him in my other mock as our pick at 24. Our DL improves to be the best in the league.

3rd round - Keyarrus Garrett WR Tulsa - Big target for Dalton that goes up for the ball as good as anyone. Our redzone
weapons will be nearly unstoppable down the road.

4th round - Evan Boehm C Missouri - A dude that will compete and take Bodine's job soon enough.

5th round - Kolby Listenbee WR TCU - Great speed with size. He falls cause he likes to catch the ball with his body.
Returner to take Tate's spot.

6th round - Juston Burris CB NC State - Depth at Corner, good player.

7th round - Ted Karras G Illinois - Depth.
Reply/Quote
I like it, but don't love it. There are several WRs that could be difference makers in this offense. I'm just not sold on these two guys as being near NFL ready and we need a WR right now. We have a backup to Peko in Sims and DJ Reader could be a steal in Rd 4 or 5. The way I heard it described on NFL Sirius Radio was that there will be DTs go undrafted that would have been 5th round picks a year ago. It is that deep.

I completely agree with a pass rushing RDE to replace Gilberry because I see Hunt and Clarke both as better suited at LDE. Later picks are solid. Replace Billings with Doctson or Shepard (maybe they slide a bit if both are there and gain an additional 3rd rounder?) and then instead of Garrett, get the safety or C prospect like Nick Martin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it, but would hope that someone better is there in the 2nd round.  Not a huge fan of Calhoun, his sophomore and junior seasons, I think that he was able to take advantage of playing on a defense that was loaded for bear.  This year, as teams were able to focus on him a bit more, some of his flaws started showing.

WEAKNESSES: Calhoun isn't as strong as he looks right now and is missing a power element to his game as he's too easily slowed or stonewalled at contact. He loses the leverage battle too often and his ball awareness tends to run hot/cold. His snap anticipation and technique are both underdeveloped.

Bad habit of lowering his head at contact, losing sight of his target. Calhoun needs to be a better finisher in the pocket, playing too hard and out of control at times, leaving production on the field.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well here she is, and it is my favorite. Hope it goes down like this...

1st round - Andrew Billings DT Baylor - This is my favorite DT in this draft. He throws interior O-lineman around like
rag dolls like Atkins. Not as good of a pass rusher as Geno but much better than any of our other DT's. This guy will be too
good to sit behind Peko.

2nd round - Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan State - I have been seeing this guy fall to our pick in the 2nd which would be
great seeing as i have already had him in my other mock as our pick at 24. Our DL improves to be the best in the league.

3rd round - Keyarrus Garrett WR Tulsa - Big target for Dalton that goes up for the ball as good as anyone. Our redzone
weapons will be nearly unstoppable down the road.

4th round - Evan Boehm C Missouri - A dude that will compete and take Bodine's job soon enough.

5th round - Kolby Listenbee WR TCU - Great speed with size. He falls cause he likes to catch the ball with his body.
Returner to take Tate's spot.

6th round - Juston Burris CB NC State - Depth at Corner, good player.

7th round - Ted Karras G Illinois - Depth.

respectable draft.  I took Evan Boehm in my last draft as well.  The guy could be a long term answer to center for us.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 06:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like it, but don't love it.  There are several WRs that could be difference makers in this offense. I'm just not sold on these two guys as being near NFL ready and we need a WR right now.   We have a backup to Peko in Sims and DJ Reader could be a steal in Rd 4 or 5.  The way I heard it described on NFL Sirius Radio was that there will be DTs go undrafted that would have been 5th round picks a year ago.  It is that deep.

I completely agree with a pass rushing RDE to replace Gilberry because I see Hunt and Clarke both as better suited at LDE.   Later picks are solid.  Replace Billings with Doctson or Shepard (maybe they slide a bit if both are there and gain an additional 3rd rounder?) and then instead of Garrett, get the safety or C prospect like Nick Martin.
I totally agree with all of your picks.I have been a huge fan of our team for 47 years.I have studied all of these picks and I love both of the wide receivers.Both will be starters.They are better than good and getting AndrewBillings would make me so so happy>he would be a monster next to Geno.Lets hope it goes close to what you have here.This is the best mock draft I have seen.SUPER JOB,MAN.     NOW LETS GO,WHO DEY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 06:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like it, but don't love it.  There are several WRs that could be difference makers in this offense. I'm just not sold on these two guys as being near NFL ready and we need a WR right now.   We have a backup to Peko in Sims and DJ Reader could be a steal in Rd 4 or 5.  The way I heard it described on NFL Sirius Radio was that there will be DTs go undrafted that would have been 5th round picks a year ago.  It is that deep.

I completely agree with a pass rushing RDE to replace Gilberry because I see Hunt and Clarke both as better suited at LDE.   Later picks are solid.  Replace Billings with Doctson or Shepard (maybe they slide a bit if both are there and gain an additional 3rd rounder?) and then instead of Garrett, get the safety or C prospect like Nick Martin.

Well i did this mock assuming the top 3 WR's are gone and taking the BPA. That being Billings.

I guess there are lots on here that believe WR is a bigger need than keeping our DL one of the tops in the league.

I disagree with this, i think that with the additions of Lafell, Garrett and Listenbee to Green, Eifert, Gio etc would
more than make up for the losses of MLJ and Sanu. Plus i like Boehm almost as much as Martin and an improved
running game will help everyone.

Defense is where you win Championships and i believe if we ignore DE and DT in this draft we will go nowhere no
matter how many weapons we pick up in this Draft. The DL rotation needs to be strong, this draft would more than
do this. Plus i think Garrett is better than some of the WR's being mentioned in the 2nd and even late first.

He reminds me of a slower, bigger AJ Green. Watch his highlights and see his domination.
Reply/Quote
Love Billings and Calhoun would be a great value at 55.   Personally I like the two receivers your talking about.  The biggest needs from my perspective were improving our run defense, increasing the pass rush, improving the running game and getting some depth at the WR spot.  The 2 receivers you got improve both the downfield threat and the possession game which I like.   You've gone a long way towards improving us 08.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 07:45 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I totally agree with all of your picks.I have been a huge fan of our team for 47 years.I have studied all of these picks and I love both of the wide receivers.Both will be starters.They are better than good and getting AndrewBillings would make me so so happy>he would be a monster next to Geno.Lets hope it goes close to what you have here.This is the best mock draft I have seen.SUPER JOB,MAN.     NOW LETS GO,WHO DEY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!

(04-27-2016, 12:42 PM)3wt Wrote: Love Billings and Calhoun would be a great value at 55.   Personally I like the two receivers your talking about.  The biggest needs from my perspective were improving our run defense, increasing the pass rush, improving the running game and getting some depth at the WR spot.  The 2 receivers you got improve both the downfield threat and the possession game which I like.   You've gone a long way towards improving us 08.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 06:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like it, but would hope that someone better is there in the 2nd round.  Not a huge fan of Calhoun, his sophomore and junior seasons, I think that he was able to take advantage of playing on a defense that was loaded for bear.  This year, as teams were able to focus on him a bit more, some of his flaws started showing.

WEAKNESSES: Calhoun isn't as strong as he looks right now and is missing a power element to his game as he's too easily slowed or stonewalled at contact. He loses the leverage battle too often and his ball awareness tends to run hot/cold. His snap anticipation and technique are both underdeveloped.

Bad habit of lowering his head at contact, losing sight of his target. Calhoun needs to be a better finisher in the pocket, playing too hard and out of control at times, leaving production on the field.

Calhoun is still one of the top rated Ends in this Draft and has been seen in the first round in many mocks.

In the 2nd round i think he would be a steal and i notice you don't list his strengths here Sunset. Mellow
Reply/Quote