Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's Last Mock of 2018...
Last one and with this one i am doing it the way i think the Bengals will go and the way i think it might fall.

Will have one trade and sometimes i don't know all the particulars on trades so bear with me, here we go...

1st Round: Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame - From everything i here we really like this guy, we brought him
in gave him dinner and if he is there i think either him or Ragnow will be the pick at 21. I think we may wait and
hope one of the top 3 Centers falls even if it is not what i would do. I see Ragnow either going to the Panthers at
24 or them trading up and grabbing him ahead of us in the 2nd. Daniels goes next to a pass first Offense.

2nd Round: Lorenzo Carter LB/DE Georgia - This is the pick that makes us all get antsy and go WTF cause
Billy Price was there and we passed for this guy. Love the player though and think his stock is really rising, can
play End as a pass rusher and can cover if taught up at SAM. That Peter Boulware type hybrid Merv has always
been looking for but we are pissed cause we passed on Price.

TRADE: 3rd round comp and 5th round pick to move up into the 2nd...

2nd Round in trade: Billy Price Center OSU - All of Bengaldom rejoices in a sigh of relief. Price falls cause of
the pectoral injury and that he has short arms. But we have our stud Center that is a road grading run blocker and
good pass protector. With McG and Price Pollack has great talent to work with and Dalton now has a pocket to step
into. Price is also very smart and will be studying up while he waits to be cleared.

3rd Round: Jessie Bates III Wake Forest - Is in every one of my mocks, great cover Safety that we need that
needs to work on his tackling which is why he falls to the 3rd.

4th Round: Shaqueem Griffin OLB UCF - Our new 4th round steal, should be a first rounder except for that
damn no hand thing. Can cover, shed blocks, stop the run and rush the passer. Our future SAM Backer.

5th Round: BJ Hill DT NC State - Geno 2.0

5th Round: Kylie Fitts DE Utah - Dude gives'em Fitts man. Mellow

7th Round: Holton Hill CB Texas - Falls cause of character concerns as happens with good players every draft.

7th Round: Korey Robertson WR Southern Miss

7th Round: Eddy Pinero K Florida
Reply/Quote
Nice Job Nate. Very Solid. I really hope they get that kicker. I like him.
I think they will go WR in 5th. Bengals tend to draft their guy in that slot i.e., Sanu, Jones. Or they may grab another TE.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 09:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Nice Job Nate.  Very Solid.  I really hope they get that kicker.  I like him.  
I think they will go WR in 5th.  Bengals tend to draft their guy in that slot i.e., Sanu, Jones.  Or they may grab another TE.

Thanks Psych.

Good point about WR in the 5th have one in my other two mocks going there and i just like both BJ Hill
and Fitts there as well. We might change it up for once. Think we drafted Malone in the 5th last year too,
but it might of been the 4th, cannot remember.

Was thinking about Mark Andrews in the 3rd but couldn't take him over Bates III.

Had a TE in my other mocks. This just seemed to play out well to me. Could definately see the FO messing
with our Draft experience and passing on Price in the 2nd where we all freak the **** out and then them
making it right by trading up for him.
Reply/Quote
That's one heck of a draft. Passing on Center in the 2nd most definitely would have the entire fan base taking a collective gasp! LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Love the mock but if we don't take Center at #21 there is no way I pass on one with pick #46 and then hope we can trade back up. If anything I snag Price and then hope to trade back up or hope Carter falls to the 3rd round. Very good mock and a lot of the same guys that I would be ecstatic about us adding.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 02:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's one heck of a draft.  Passing on Center in the 2nd most definitely would have the entire fan base taking a collective gasp!   LOL

Just thought you never know with this FO the way they like to mess with us fans.

Could happen. Dirty bastids. Whatever

But in the end it works out huh. Smirk

(04-23-2018, 09:22 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Love the mock but if we don't take Center at #21 there is no way I pass on one with pick #46 and then hope we can trade back up. If anything I snag Price and then hope to trade back up or hope Carter falls to the 3rd round. Very good mock and a lot of the same guys that I would be ecstatic about us adding.

No way do i want them to pass on Price at 46 you know it man, just saying it could happen and they could make
up for it by trading up for him. Lorenzo Carter just seems like the type of LB/End that makes Merv salivate.

Heck, you know by now i want Ragnow at 21, let alone passing on Price at 46 that would stress us all the heck out.
Reply/Quote
I don't mind it.

I still don't understand all the McGlinchey love. IF he's that good, he would be a top 10 pick.

That being said - we did bring in Daniels and Ragnow for visits as well, so I do think we go that direction in round 1. I was listening to Lap and he said "don't get too cute, just take the damn C"
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't mind it.

I still don't understand all the McGlinchey love.  IF he's that good, he would be a top 10 pick.  

That being said - we did bring in Daniels and Ragnow for visits as well, so I do think we go that direction in round 1.  I was listening to Lap and he said "don't get too cute, just take the damn C"

I getcha and like i said, this wasn't how i would want it to go.

I want Ragnow at 21 over any other player and i love Wynn.

Loving how Ragnow's stock is raising, we take him, Price or Daniels at 21, Pollack's pick and i will just enjoy the rest.
Reply/Quote