Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock of 2022...
Alright, gonna do my first Mock as FA is pretty much over....

1st Round: Andrew Booth CB Clemson - Excellent Cover and tackling outside Corner to learn behind Awuzie and Apple.

2nd Round: Travis Jones DT UCONN - Big DT that can even rush the passer, some think he is more of a NT but I think he
can be a 3-tech as he has pass rushing skills similar to BJ Hill. This guy gets our DT room back to being one of the deepest
in the NFL once again. TJ kind of reminds me of Jeffrey Simmons.

3rd Round: David Bell WR Purdue - Excellent WR that immediately makes our WR core the best in the league. Dude is a
stud. Bell's athleticism doesn't stand out, just his route running, hands, and natural abilities on the field. He can beat even the
best Corners with his natural route running and the way he uses his body to get position and to get open and go up for the ball.

4th Round: Christian Harris LB Alabama
- Versatile LB that can learn behind Pratt, similar players in case Pratt leaves in a
year or two.

5th Round: Bryan Cook FS Cincy - Big time steal if he falls here, can play both Strong and Free.

6th Round: Chase Hines G LSU - Solid Guard at Burrow and Chase's old school, add LSU players man.

7th Round: Calvin Austin WR - Don't know how he falls this far, excellent Returner and Slot WR for depth.

7th Round: Jean Delance OT Toledo - Talented OT from a small school for Pollack to work with.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, gonna do my first Mock as FA is pretty much over....

1st Round: Andrew Booth CB Clemson - Excellent Cover and tackling outside Corner to learn behind Awuzie and Apple.

2nd Round: Travis Jones DT UCONN - Big DT that can even rush the passer, some think he is more of a NT but I think he
can be a 3-tech as he has pass rushing skills similar to BJ Hill. This guy gets our DT room back to being one of the deepest

3rd Round: David Bell WR Purdue - Excellent WR that immediately makes our WR core the best in the league. Dude is a
stud. Bell's athleticism doesn't stand out, just his route running, hands, and natural abilities on the field. He can beat even the
best Corners with his natural route running and the way he uses his body to get position and to get open and go up for the ball.

- Versatile LB that can learn behind Pratt, similar players in case Pratt leaves in a
year or two.

5th Round: Bryan Cook FS Cincy - Big time steal if he falls here, can play both Strong and Free.

6th Round: Chase Hines G LSU - Solid Guard at Burrow and Chase's old school, add LSU players man.

7th Round: Calvin Austin WR - Don't know how he falls this far, excellent Returner and Slot WR for depth.

7th Round: Jean Delance OT Toledo - Talented OT from a small school for Pollack to work with.

I'll be surprised if Harris is there that far in 4. Most have him projected in rd 2. Not a fan of Bell but I understand. I saw tape of him and he doesn't pop off to me but to each there own. Jones and Booth likely aren't there at their respective spots but if they were, almost makes it a no brainer pick.

Considering you stated "Don't know how he falls this far" I assume you did this based on a mock simulator. Which one did you use if you don't mind the asking?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:17 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'll be surprised if Harris is there that far in 4. Most have him projected in rd 2. Not a fan of Bell but I understand. I saw tape of him and he doesn't pop off to me but to each there own. Jones and Booth likely aren't there at their respective spots but if they were, almost makes it a no brainer pick.

Considering you stated "Don't know how he falls this far" I assume you did this based on a mock simulator. Which one did you use if you don't mind the asking?

I didn't do a Mock simulator on this one. I usually just put them together off of other projections and my own thoughts.

I find a lot of Mock simulators to be ridiculous at times, they have guys falling that I don't see happening like Calvin Austin as I
have here. But I can be ridiculous too lol

That is what is nice about doing Mocks. Things change so quickly, like today I just learned about Booth's injury history so after I
posted this I would take Kaiir Elam or Kyler Gordon instead. I just like Booth better as a player. You never know about Harris, some
say he had good players around him that made him look good. I just disagree, think he would be a fine LB for us and fits what we
run Defensively.

Must add, I have done Mock simulators quite a few times but honestly when I just do my own research they have been closer to
what has happened in the past. For instance last year I had us taking Chase, Carman and McPherson.

I had us taking Bates when we drafted him. Logan Wilson, ADG in past Mocks... I can be a little accurate at times.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I didn't do a Mock simulator on this one. I usually just put them together off of other projections and my own thoughts.

I find a lot of Mock simulators to be ridiculous at times, they have guys falling that I don't see happening like Calvin Austin as I

That is what is nice about doing Mocks. Things change so quickly, like today I just learned about Booth's injury history so after I
posted this I would take Kaiir Elam or Kyler Gordon instead. I just like Booth better as a player. You never know about Harris, some
say he had good players around him that made him look good. I just disagree, think he would be a fine LB for us and fits what we
run Defensively.

Must add, I have done Mock simulators quite a few times but honestly when I just do my own research they have been closer to
what has happened in the past. For instance last year I had us taking Chase, Carman and McPherson.

I had us taking Bates when we drafted him. Logan Wilson, ADG in past Mocks... I can be a little accurate at times.

Yea, I've always been confused on how these simulators plug in their information. Some may have a player like Winfrey go mid 3rd while others have him going before our first pick. Crazy.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Nice one Nate!
Reply/Quote
Bryan Cook is not on the board when we pick in the 5th. Most likely he is not there when we pick in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, gonna do my first Mock as FA is pretty much over....

year or two.

I hope your claimed success in predictions ends this season as I would not be very pleased with this draft. Two WRs and one inside the first 3 rounds? Jones is NT to go with Tupou, Shelvin, and Reader leaving Hill as the solo 3. We have really good young LBs in Pratt, Wilson, Bailey, and Davis-Gaither and we are normally playing only 2. Nothing on the O line until the 6th?
Reply/Quote

year or two.

I like your first pick Nate! I hope he is there!!
Jones is interesting, but I would probably went with someone that already is a 3t.
Bell I don't know a whole lot about him.
I probably would have went with TE instead LB
The rest of them are pretty solid picks!
Well done Nate!!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 07:15 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Yea, I've always been confused on how these simulators plug in their information. Some may have a player like Winfrey go mid 3rd while others have him going before our first pick. Crazy.

Same here. They are all over the place but the Draft is crazy so I understand. Lots of times players are taken a round early or rounds 
later after everybody's projections. I wouldn't mind grabbing Winfrey at 63 either over Travis Jones. Bear with me, first mock this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 08:16 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Nice one Nate!

Thanks Emeritus, always love your Mocks. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 08:24 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Bryan Cook is not on the board when we pick in the 5th. Most likely he is not there when we pick in the 4th.

I wouldn't think so either, we will see. Really like Cook in the mid rounds if we don't take a guy like Dax Hill or Brisker early.

Will tell a lot on if Bates is unhappy with our offers if we take one of Dax, Brisker or Pitre early. Lots of good Safeties and Corners
to pick from. The Draft is nutz OSU fan, you know that, I didn't think some players would of fell to the 6th that did last year.

(04-16-2022, 08:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I hope your claimed success in predictions ends this season as I would not be very pleased with this draft. Two WRs and one inside the first 3 rounds? Jones is NT to go with Tupou, Shelvin, and Reader leaving Hill as the solo 3. We have really good young LBs in Pratt, Wilson, Bailey, and Davis-Gaither and we are normally playing only 2. Nothing on the O line until the 6th?

Lol, bear with me brother. Travis Jones isn't just a Nose Tackle as I noted. He has pass rushing skills of a 3-tech he is just big like 
Jeffrey Simmons of the Titans. David Bell is a WR and Calvin Austin is that scary Returner that Darrin Simmons our ST's coach was
talking about us taking. We WILL be taking a Returner and Austin also offers speed as a Receiver.

Pratt might be leaving soon, hope not. But Harris would be a good one just in case. As I said bear with me, I can do better. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 09:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I like your first pick Nate! I hope he is there!!
Jones is interesting, but I would probably went with someone that already is a 3t.
Bell I don't know a whole lot about him.
I probably would have went with TE instead LB
The rest of them are pretty solid picks!
Well done Nate!!

Thanks Wedge! I understand everybody's preferences. My next Mock will be a bit different as a lot changed today right after I did
this Mock. Booth has injury concerns so honestly that is the one pick I would change at this point in this Mock. 

Sucks, really like Booth as a player, better than Elam, Gordon, McCreary etc.

We shouldn't draft a player with injury trouble though this early unless he is extremely talented like David Ojabo DE Michigan.
Reply/Quote

year or two.

What site did you use?  I would love the first two picks, but I am not as big a fan of Bell (at least where you picked him) as he is a poor tester that is limited to the slot WR position.  I want outside speed to pair/rotate.  

The rest is really good, although I can't see Cook being there is the 5th.  
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 09:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wouldn't think so either, we will see. Really like Cook in the mid rounds if we don't take a guy like Dax Hill or Brisker early.

Will tell a lot on if Bates is unhappy with our offers if we take one of Dax, Brisker or Pitre early. Lots of good Safeties and Corners
to pick from. The Draft is nutz OSU fan, you know that, I didn't think some players would of fell to the 6th that did last year.

Lol, bear with me brother. Travis Jones isn't just a Nose Tackle as I noted. He has pass rushing skills of a 3-tech he is just big like 
Jeffrey Simmons of the Titans. David Bell is a WR and Calvin Austin is that scary Returner that Darrin Simmons our ST's coach was
talking about us taking. We WILL be taking a Returner and Austin also offers speed as a Receiver.

Pratt might be leaving soon, hope not. But Harris would be a good one just in case. As I said bear with me, I can do better. Wink

Jeffery Simmons isn't big...he's only 305 lbs...he was only 301 when drafted...
Travis Jones has 20 lbs on him.
Jones might be as good of a pass rusher as you say, but it might help to lose some weight if he's going to turn more pressure into sacks/hits.

I can see the logic in taking Harris, but if Pratt leaves, I'd rather Bengals just get another vet LB instead. LB is one of the hardest positions to adapt to, yet it's also one of the cheaper positions to address in FA.

I'm on record thinking Bell is going to be much more of a possession-style receiver than a game changer. He'll make catches and get some production, for sure. I think he could be a great big-slot guy and WR3 in the Bengals offense. Potential replacement for Boyd.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What site did you use?  I would love the first two picks, but I am not as big a fan of Bell (at least where you picked him) as he is a poor tester that is limited to the slot WR position.  I want outside speed to pair/rotate.  

The rest is really good, although I can't see Cook being there is the 5th.  

I didn't use a site, just did my own research and put in players I like at our needs. David Bell tore up some damn Corners last 
year as an outside WR, he is the type of WR that just produces. He absolutely beat down the CB's of Iowa and Penn State.

Not an easy task. Like you said, he is just a poor tester and not a standout athlete. He just gets the job done and I would like
that for us as our 4th WR off the bench and a future Boyd replacement.

Agree on Cook, I don't see him making it out of the 3rd honestly. Maybe switch around Cook and Bell...
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 02:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jeffery Simmons isn't big...he's only 305 lbs...he was only 301 when drafted...
Travis Jones has 20 lbs on him.
Jones might be as good of a pass rusher as you say, but it might help to lose some weight if he's going to turn more pressure into sacks/hits.

I can see the logic in taking Harris, but if Pratt leaves, I'd rather Bengals just get another vet LB instead. LB is one of the hardest positions to adapt to, yet it's also one of the cheaper positions to address in FA.

I'm on record thinking Bell is going to be much more of a possession-style receiver than a game changer. He'll make catches and get some production, for sure. I think he could be a great big-slot guy and WR3 in the Bengals offense. Potential replacement for Boyd.

Surprised Simmons is that small, when looking at him he seems bigger but you know more than I do. Good point about Jones
maybe losing some weight to be even more of a pass rusher, which he can do. I also really like Logan Hall now at 63 as well.

True on LB being cheap in FA and it takes time to coach up Draft picks. I just think Bettcher is a damn good Defensive coach 
and he might want a talented one to work with here like Golden already did with Pratt and Wilson. He might want to have his
own pick, I think Harris fits as a dude to replace Pratt in a year or two if we move on. 

Don't want to though, I want to keep Pratt. 

That is the thought on Bell, future Boyd replacement. Great hands, great route runner, just produces. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I didn't do a Mock simulator on this one. I usually just put them together off of other projections and my own thoughts.

run Defensively.

I can see your ideology behind simulators and yes some of them just are not realistic. However, they are probably as realistic as just going through and picking players. I would suggest trying the Mock Draft Database. I have not found it to be overly ridiculous and it seems to change in small increments depending on information that is becoming public at any given time. 

I just did a new simulation off of it and it can actually be frustrating in that you would like to add someone at a certain position but the way things have fallen the value is just not always there or the fact that you can have two different players that you value similarly and must make a choice.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 02:27 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I can see your ideology behind simulators and yes some of them just are not realistic. However, they are probably as realistic as just going through and picking players. I would suggest trying the Mock Draft Database. I have not found it to be overly ridiculous and it seems to change in small increments depending on information that is becoming public at any given time. 

I just did a new simulation off of it and it can actually be frustrating in that you would like to add someone at a certain position but the way things have fallen the value is just not always there or the fact that you can have two different players that you value similarly and must make a choice.

All true, I just did a PFF Mock that I really liked with us getting Perrion Winfrey in the 2nd round and they graded it a D I was like...

WTF!!!???

I wouldn't mind trading back from 31 and taking Winfrey early in the 2nd.

I will try Mock Draft Database. Thanks OSUfan. Rock On
Reply/Quote