Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock of 2023...
Alright, doing my first mock of 2023 on Mock Draft Database, this is what I got. Man, they try and trade with you a lot...

Traded back to 38 as Darnell Wright was gone....

2nd Round - Darnell Washington TE Georgia
- Best blocking TE I have ever seen come into the NFL with insane athleticism, great
hands and helps out the OL more than any TE could.

2nd Round - DJ Turner CB Michigan - As solid of a Corner as you can get late in the 2nd round.

3rd Round - Tyjae Spears RB Tulane - Playmaker at RB and shown he can pass block decent and take it to the house at any moment.

3rd Round - Ryan Hayes OT Michigan - Saw him play a lot and thought he was very solid at Michigan. Good competition for Carman
and Ford at RT.

4th Round - Zacch Pickens DT South Carolina
- Need insurance in case we don't get another DJ extension.

4th Round - Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion - Very talented TE crazy RAS scores.

5th Round - Israel Abinikanda RB Pitt
- This guy has great burst and I think is a steal in the 5th, double dipped TE and RB.

5th Round - Tre Tucker WR/KR Cincy - Nice Returner for us and Slot guy with speed.

6th Round - Michael Turk P Oklahoma
- Need a good Punter.

6th Round - Andre Iosivas WR Princeton - Big WR with speed.

7th Round - Earl Bostick Jr. IOL Kansas - Was surprised a Guard/Center this good was around this late.

7th Round - Thomas Incoom EDGE Central Michigan - Smaller school I guess could make this guy fall this far.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, doing my first mock of 2023 on Mock Draft Database, this is what I got. Man, they try and trade with you a lot...

Traded back to 38 as Darnell Wright was gone....

2nd Round - Darnell Washington TE Georgia
- Best blocking TE I have ever seen come into the NFL with insane athleticism, great
hands and helps out the OL more than any TE could.

2nd Round - DJ Turner CB Michigan - As solid of a Corner as you can get late in the 2nd round.

3rd Round - Tyjae Spears RB Tulane - Playmaker at RB and shown he can pass block decent and take it to the house at any moment.

3rd Round - Ryan Hayes OT Michigan - Saw him play a lot and thought he was very solid at Michigan. Good competition for Carman
and Ford at RT.

4th Round - Zacch Pickens DT South Carolina
- Need insurance in case we don't get another DJ extension.

4th Round - Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion - Very talented TE crazy RAS scores.

5th Round - Israel Abinikanda RB Pitt
- This guy has great burst and I think is a steal in the 5th, double dipped TE and RB.

5th Round - Tre Tucker WR/KR Cincy - Nice Returner for us and Slot guy with speed.

6th Round - Michael Turk P Oklahoma
- Need a good Punter.

6th Round - Andre Iosivas WR Princeton - Big WR with speed.

7th Round - Earl Bostick Jr. IOL Kansas - Was surprised a Guard/Center this good was around this late.

7th Round - Thomas Incoom EDGE Central Michigan - Smaller school I guess could make this guy fall this far.

Thoughts?
Not bad but I think you can get Tucker as an UDFA. Otherwise it looks pretty good.
Reply/Quote
Wow! I like the picks, especially Washington. You got 5 extra pick for dropping down 10 spots? Seems like a lot.
Reply/Quote
I stopped using MDD because it gave me absolutely absurd trade offers like this.

I got an offer from the Chiefs. #28 in exchange for #31, #63, #166 and their 2024 4th and 7th rounders...

Another time, I was offered the Colts' #35, #79, #106, #176, #236 and a future 5th and 6th rounder for just #28...

All that to pick ***** Kelee Ringo XD.

Based on this mock draft, it looks like you traded from 28 to 38 and got basically the Raiders' entire draft? Or was this just a ton of small trade downs?

Either way, I think MDD is kind of silly for this reason. They absolutely pelt you with trade offers that are not realistic and that the Bengals would never do.

With that said, if this draft were to happen I'd obviously be thrilled. Filling every single need in one draft because you converted 7 picks into 12 is pretty great haha.
Reply/Quote
Great draft Nate and I believe in this philosophy.

The way I see it is if Darnell Wright or possibly Deonte Banks are not sitting there at #28 then I am exploring trade options to drop down and take Washington at the bottom of the first or top of the second. I would use this trade to gain a bit more capital in the mid to later rounds which could be used to draft depth and future starting talent or to bundle and move up for a player that they feel strongly about at some point in the mid rounds.

Bengal fans need to begin realizing that the team has reached a point where you are no longer drafting for that difference maker in the first round. This is the downside of winning if you wish to consider it that way. Late in the first round you are looking for a possible day 1 starter that at least improves a position to a certain degree. This is a great draft to gain capital and add some really, really good building pieces that are going to be exceptional depth if not really solid starters in a year or two.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 04:30 PM)pulses Wrote: Not bad but I think you can get Tucker as an UDFA. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Cool, Tucker is a damn good ST's at the very least. I don't think he goes undrafted, could see Simmons wanting him in the 7th.

(04-06-2023, 04:37 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Wow! I like the picks, especially Washington. You got 5 extra pick for dropping down 10 spots? Seems like a lot.

I had the first trade down and then they just kept offering me ridiculous trades and a picked a couple more to pick up all those picks lol

(04-06-2023, 05:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I stopped using MDD because it gave me absolutely absurd trade offers like this.

I got an offer from the Chiefs. #28 in exchange for #31, #63, #166 and their 2024 4th and 7th rounders...

Another time, I was offered the Colts' #35, #79, #106, #176, #236 and a future 5th and 6th rounder for just #28...

All that to pick ***** Kelee Ringo XD.

Based on this mock draft, it looks like you traded from 28 to 38 and got basically the Raiders' entire draft? Or was this just a ton of small trade downs?

Either way, I think MDD is kind of silly for this reason. They absolutely pelt you with trade offers that are not realistic and that the Bengals would never do.

With that said, if this draft were to happen I'd obviously be thrilled. Filling every single need in one draft because you converted 7 picks into 12 is pretty great haha.

Thought so, can you cancel trades on MDD? What do you use as your simulator CJD? I heard this was the best one.

Got offered so many trade downs I was sick of rejecting them all lmao

I traded with a couple more teams after the initial one which I found a bit realistic, then it got far fetched.

Still like every pick and filling every single need is pretty sweet as you say lol
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 05:19 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Great draft Nate and I believe in this philosophy.

The way I see it is if Darnell Wright or possibly Deonte Banks are not sitting there at #28 then I am exploring trade options to drop down and take Washington at the bottom of the first or top of the second. I would use this trade to gain a bit more capital in the mid to later rounds which could be used to draft depth and future starting talent or to bundle and move up for a player that they feel strongly about at some point in the mid rounds.

Bengal fans need to begin realizing that the team has reached a point where you are no longer drafting for that difference maker in the first round. This is the downside of winning if you wish to consider it that way. Late in the first round you are looking for a possible day 1 starter that at least improves a position to a certain degree. This is a great draft to gain capital and add some really, really good building pieces that are going to be exceptional depth if not really solid starters in a year or two.

Thanks brother, that would be my move if Darnell Wright or Banks aren't there at 28 every time if there is an offer, take it and move 
back into the 2nd round while adding picks. There will be plenty of good players to pick from, not only was Washington there, but 
Anton Harrison, DaWand Jones and Bergeron were there as well and Gibbs.

We both really like DJ Turner and Tyjae Spears a ton so thought you would like this one. There was Brents there with Turner and 
Tank Bigsby there with Spears who I also thought about to change things up. Will try another one soon and try not to trade after the
initial trade to try and keep it much more realistic. It was my first one, so.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, Tucker is a damn good ST's at the very least. I don't think he goes undrafted, could see Simmons wanting him in the 7th.

I had the first trade down and then they just kept offering me ridiculous trades and a picked a couple more to pick up all those picks lol

Thought so, can you cancel trades on MDD? What do you use as your simulator CJD? I heard this was the best one.

Got offered so many trade downs I was sick of rejecting them all lmao

I traded with a couple more teams after the initial one which I found a bit realistic, then it got far fetched.

Still like every pick and filling every single need is pretty sweet as you say lol

You can just decline the trade offers or x out of the pop up entirely. Like, you don't have to individually reject each one, you can just close out of the pop up. That's what I do if I use MDD. I like PFN's but they are low on a few random prospects as well. Like, Kancey is always there at my 2nd round pick in that simulator. Which is crazy (or at least common consensus is that it would be).

MDD is good as long as you don't accept the crazy trades haha.

Ultimately, no simulator is perfect. As long as you're doing things and taking players that you personally feel will be there and ignoring the players you don't think are realistically going to be there, the point is to present your intentions for the future of the franchise. Which positions need upgrading early, which need depth and which can wait a year etc.

I've seen people post mock drafts where they're like "I know this player wouldn't be available in the 6th round because they're projected in the 2nd, but hey! free starter!" It's like...what's the point of those mock drafts?

It's all make believe anyway Big Grin.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 09:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You can just decline the trade offers or x out of the pop up entirely. Like, you don't have to individually reject each one, you can just close out of the pop up. That's what I do if I use MDD. I like PFN's but they are low on a few random prospects as well. Like, Kancey is always there at my 2nd round pick in that simulator. Which is crazy (or at least common consensus is that it would be).

MDD is good as long as you don't accept the crazy trades haha.

Ultimately, no simulator is perfect. As long as you're doing things and taking players that you personally feel will be there and ignoring the players you don't think are realistically going to be there, the point is to present your intentions for the future of the franchise. Which positions need upgrading early, which need depth and which can wait a year etc.

I've seen people post mock drafts where they're like "I know this player wouldn't be available in the 6th round because they're projected in the 2nd, but hey! free starter!" It's like...what's the point of those mock drafts?

It's all make believe anyway Big Grin.

Thanks CJD, I think I will just close out the pop up after the first pick from now on. Like you said, it is no fun if it isn't realistic. You get 
mocks like this going on and you will be setting yourself up for disappointment come the actual Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2023, 01:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks CJD, I think I will just close out the pop up after the first pick from now on. Like you said, it is no fun if it isn't realistic. You get 
mocks like this going on and you will be setting yourself up for disappointment come the actual Draft.

If you could combine the player rankings from MDD, which I believe are more accurate, and the trade setup from PFN you would have a really great simulator.
Reply/Quote
Super nice mock, but I wonder who's getting cut for all 12 of those beasts to make the 53 or PS? Since it's already been addressed, I'll not comment on the absurd trade for 5 additional picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2023, 04:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If you could combine the player rankings from MDD, which I believe are more accurate, and the trade setup from PFN you would have a really great simulator.

Sounds about right. Oh well, will stick with MDD and exit out of the trade box. That should do it.

(04-07-2023, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Super nice mock, but I wonder who's getting cut for all 12 of those beasts to make the 53 or PS?  Since it's already been addressed, I'll not comment on the absurd trade for 5 additional picks.

Thanks Sunset lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote