Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock of 2024...
Here we go, this is my first this year, used Mock Draft Database...

1st Round: Brock Bowers TE Georgia - Couldn't believe he was there but it is possible and as I have said if he is he would be the BPA
with his amazing Yards After Catch which is about as good as any TE of all time. TE is taken care of for the foreseeable future.

2nd Round: Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame - I think this guy is really underrated in this class, he is very physical, more so than his team
mate in Joe Alt. Fits just what we need at RT and he should have some time to learn behind Trent Brown before he takes over.

3rd Round: McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M - My 2nd favorite NT in this Draft behind Byron Murphy. McKinnley knows how to get low
and take up multiple blockers to free up those around him as good as any NT in this Draft.

3rd Round: Johnny Wilson WR Florida State - This guy is a giant weapon with speed, steal in the late 3rd round IMO.

4th Round: Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville - The best RB at the Combine, just blew it up, great speed, great hands, great in short yardage
and can take it the distance. Could be a star RB in the NFL with all his traits and doesn't have much tread on the tires.

5th Round: Tanor Bortolini IOL Wisconsin - Was good every time I watched him play, surprised he was around this late. Could be a future
replacement for Cappa.

5th Round: Ainias Smith WR/KR - Fantastic Returner and big time playmaker.

6th Round: Austin McNamara P Texas Tech - We need a new Punter that is not a problem. This guy is about the best in this Draft right
there with Tory Taylor who I also like.

6th Round: Myles Cole EDGE Texas Tech

7th Round: Ryan Watts CB Texas
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Here we go, this is my first this year, used Mock Draft Database...

1st Round: Brock Bowers TE Georgia - Couldn't believe he was there but it is possible and as I have said if he is he would be the BPA
with his amazing Yards After Catch which is about as good as any TE of all time. TE is taken care of for the foreseeable future.

2nd Round: Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame - I think this guy is really underrated in this class, he is very physical, more so than his team
mate in Joe Alt. Fits just what we need at RT and he should have some time to learn behind Trent Brown before he takes over.

3rd Round: McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M - My 2nd favorite NT in this Draft behind Byron Murphy. McKinnley knows how to get low
and take up multiple blockers to free up those around him as good as any NT in this Draft.

3rd Round: Johnny Wilson WR Florida State - This guy is a giant weapon with speed, steal in the late 3rd round IMO.

4th Round: Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville - The best RB at the Combine, just blew it up, great speed, great hands, great in short yardage
and can take it the distance. Could be a star RB in the NFL with all his traits and doesn't have much tread on the tires.

5th Round: Tanor Bortolini IOL Wisconsin - Was good every time I watched him play, surprised he was around this late. Could be a future
replacement for Cappa.

6th Round: Austin McNamara P Texas Tech - We need a new Punter that is not a problem. This guy is about the best in this Draft right

Would be ecstatic if it fell this way. Although still don't see Guerendo lasting until the 4th round even though he is projected in that round.  Believe it will take a 3rd at least. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I just can't jump on the Blake Fisher train. It feels like he has a slow processor.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 10:56 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be ecstatic if it fell this way. Although still don't see Guerendo lasting until the 4th round even though he is projected in that round.  Believe it will take a 3rd at least. 

Well then, just flip around Isaac and Johnny and there you have it lol

You would think a RB that blew up the Combine like that would go earlier but yah never know with RB's and Guerendo didn't have a ton
of snaps at Louisville as the starter to really assure he is a #1 RB in the NFL. I will be interested in seeing how early he goes in this Draft.

Either way we should get a good RB in the 3rd or 4th rounds to round out our room. I almost wanted to take another DT in this Draft and
I do think Sweat will be available later, so we will see how it goes. McKinnley and T'Vondre would certainly help our run Defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 11:02 AM)Synric Wrote: I just can't jump on the Blake Fisher train. It feels like he has a slow processor.

Didn't see that in the highlights I watched but will watch film again and see if I see slow processing from him as that would be a concern.

Thanks for the thought Synric on Blake, what about the rest of the Draft?
Reply/Quote

Brock Bowers could Transform the Offense since Zac would want to find ways to get the ball in his hands & then let Bowers do his thing.

DT McKinnley Jackson should be able to fill a needed role and I tend to get him in most of my Mocks.

OT Blake Fisher,  WR Johnny Wilson, RB Isaac Guerendo and IOL Tanor Bortolini all have some Traits about them that could

make them end up being good picks. If just 2 of these 4 hit to go with Bowers & Jackson that would be 4 hits out of the first 6 picks.

It would be nice if you ran the table and went 6 for 6, with the later round guys also having a chance to be productive.

If OT Blake Fisher did stick at RT it would be a Cherry on Top.

I like it.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Here we go, this is my first this year, used Mock Draft Database...

replacement for Cappa.

1st- all these mocks (on here and draft websites) get me so excited that I’m scared I’ll be devastated if he doesn’t fall to us (who says devastated? lol). He’ll take our offense to another level. He’d occupy a backer and safety and also be a safety valve.

2nd- I had the same thoughts about Fisher and he’d be my pick.

3rd- he’s raw but I think his potential is incredibly high and would be a hell of a pick. If he fails to the 3rd, it’s a no-brainer IMCO.

3b- can’t teach height. May not be able to run short routes in traffic but put him in space and let him do his thing.

4th- followed him a lot since lots of Louisville fans around here and I love the pick.

GREAT DRAFT Nate!
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Here we go, this is my first this year, used Mock Draft Database...

replacement for Cappa.

very solid draft.  I'm also one of those people who doesn't pass up on superior talent regardless of team need.  There are some people that are dead set on hating Brock Bowers for no reason.  The guy is a running back, tight end, and wide receiver.  You can call him whatever you want, but when he steps on the field 9/10 he's the most talented guy out there.  You don't pass on the talent, 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Worst Mock Draft I have ever seen! Did you just throw darts at a bunch of names? Just kidding my friend, great draft if it falls this way!
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 03:10 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Brock Bowers could Transform the Offense since Zac would want to find ways to get the ball in his hands & then let Bowers do his thing.

DT McKinnley Jackson should be able to fill a needed role and I tend to get him in most of my Mocks.

OT Blake Fisher,  WR Johnny Wilson, RB Isaac Guerendo and IOL Tanor Bortolini all have some Traits about them that could

make them end up being good picks. If just 2 of these 4 hit to go with Bowers & Jackson that would be 4 hits out of the first 6 picks.

It would be nice if you ran the table and went 6 for 6, with the later round guys also having a chance to be productive.

If OT Blake Fisher did stick at RT it would be a Cherry on Top.

I like it.

Thanks Depthchart. I think a lot of these players have a great chance of hitting. I know Synric thinks Blake Fisher processes things slow 
but that is not what I see from him in the film and Notre Dame is known for putting out quality OL and Fisher played RT there. Good fit.

(04-13-2024, 05:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1st- all these mocks (on here and draft websites) get me so excited that I’m scared I’ll be devastated if he doesn’t fall to us (who says devastated? lol). He’ll take our offense to another level. He’d occupy a backer and safety and also be a safety valve.

2nd- I had the same thoughts about Fisher and he’d be my pick.

3rd- he’s raw but I think his potential is incredibly high and would be a hell of a pick. If he fails to the 3rd, it’s a no-brainer IMCO.

3b- can’t teach height. May not be able to run short routes in traffic but put him in space and let him do his thing.

4th- followed him a lot since lots of Louisville fans around here and I love the pick.

GREAT DRAFT Nate!

Eh, don't be devastated Brad. Most don't think Bowers will fall to us, if he does, highly doubt we don't pick him. Now if he does fall to us
and we don't pick him, be devastated lol

I don't find McKinnley Jackson to be a raw player, actually more polished of a run stopper than anyone besides Murphy is in this Draft. 
McKinnley needs to work on his pass rush though, no doubt about that.

On Johnny he is definitely the type to put outside with his size and speed. Would be really tough to Defend Tee and Johnny on the 
outside with Ja'Marr in the Slot and Bowers at TE!  Shocked

(04-13-2024, 09:29 PM)Okeana Wrote: very solid draft.  I'm also one of those people who doesn't pass up on superior talent regardless of team need.  There are some people that are dead set on hating Brock Bowers for no reason.  The guy is a running back, tight end, and wide receiver.  You can call him whatever you want, but when he steps on the field 9/10 he's the most talented guy out there.  You don't pass on the talent, 

Thanks Okeana, agree on Bowers, I take him over any player, no one can argue that he would not be BPA here.

I know some try, but I don't take them seriously. Bowers is maybe the best Offensive player in this Draft, him and Harrison Jr anyways.

(04-13-2024, 10:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Worst Mock Draft I have ever seen! Did you just throw darts at a bunch of names?     Just kidding my friend, great draft if it falls this way!

Yeah just terrible to get these random names lol 

Rock on Wedge! Rock On
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of fisher when thinking about our future right tackle. Also don’t need bowers. Don’t want bowers. It’s smells like
John Ross all over again. “Ohh imagine our offense with him”. We don’t even need him
And there’s are massive holes on this team. Tight end isn’t even close to one of them. Like McKinnley jackson tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 03:22 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Not a fan of fisher when thinking about our future right tackle.  Also don’t need bowers.  Don’t want bowers.  It’s smells like
John Ross all over again.  “Ohh imagine our offense with him”. We don’t even need him
And there’s are massive holes on this team.  Tight end isn’t even close to one of them.  Like McKinnley jackson tho.

Brock Bowers is nothing like John Ross lol

But thanks for the thoughts. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Favorite pick- Bowers ; any scenario where he is available and is taken gets A+ for me. I would argue he is the third best player in this draft behind Williams and Harrison.

Pick I like- McKinnley Jackson NT Texas A&M- He reminds me Reader!

What I don't like- Would have liked to see a 3T. Mekhi Wingo over Wilson @ 97 makes more sense to me.

Overall grade- A + - You nailed the first 3 picks that's all you can ask for!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brock Bowers is nothing like John Ross lol

But thanks for the thoughts. Smirk

Hahaha as expected u gotta hold bengals fans hands through most things. Please don’t compare the athlete. It’s almost insulting. Did U know they play two different positions too? Lmfao.
Bro we don’t need bowers just like we didn’t need John Ross. But LIKE Ross you have all these children with the same statement. “But just imagine our offense with him”. We need to go offensive Tackle in 1.
Solid mock tho dude…
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 04:48 PM)J24 Wrote: Favorite pick- Bowers ; any scenario where he is available and is taken gets A+ for me. I would argue he is the third best player in this draft behind Williams and Harrison.

Pick I like- McKinnley Jackson NT Texas A&M- He reminds me Reader!

What I don't like- Would have liked to see a 3T. Mekhi Wingo over Wilson @ 97 makes more sense to me.

Overall grade- A + - You nailed the first 3 picks that's all you can ask for!

Thank J24. Hey, it is possible yah never know. Bowers is definitely one of the top 3 players in this Draft and has been the best TE in the Nation
for at least the last couple of years. Only recently have I seen Bowers being more likely to be our pick as we are about the most TE needy team 
in the league even if we don't use them much and we added Gesicki.

McKinnley reminds me of Reader as well, just needs to hone his pass rushing a bit and he could be special, already a great run stopper.

I understand about not getting a 3-tech even if we just added Rankins, I was teetering on a 3-tech and Johnny, but I think we need to add at 
least 1 big WR to help with the loss of Boyd and possibly Tee next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:01 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Hahaha as expected u gotta hold bengals fans hands through most things.  Please don’t compare the athlete.  It’s almost insulting.  Did U know they play two different positions too?  Lmfao.
Bro we don’t need bowers just like we didn’t need John Ross.  But LIKE Ross you have all these children with the same statement. “But just imagine our offense with him”.  We need to go offensive Tackle in 1.
Solid mock tho dude…

You ought to stop talking down to Bengals fans on this board, not a smart way to stick around and acting like I don't know that John 
Ross was a WR and Brock Bowers is a TE is actually very insulting. You take Best Player Available, you don't get desperate and just 
draft for need, that is what the stupid one's do.

You don't go OT no matter what, that is when you end up with a player like Og or Price. Guyton actually reminds me of Ogbuehi which 
is scary. I want Mims, but he isn't a sure thing, Fautanu is probably about the most sure thing as far as solid right out of the bat and he 
most likely won't be there as he is destined for Seattle.

Latham is heavy footed and has problems with penalties and didn't work out just like Og and Price.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You ought to stop talking down to Bengals fans on this board, not a smart way to stick around and acting like I don't know that John 
Ross was a WR and Brock Bowers is a TE is actually very insulting. You take Best Player Available, you don't get desperate and just 

You don't go OT no matter what, that is when you end up with a player like Og or Price. Guyton actually reminds me of Ogbuehi which 
is scary. I want Mims, but he isn't a sure thing, Fautanu is probably about the most sure thing as far as solid right out of the bat and he 

Latham is heavy footed and has problems with penalties and didn't work out just like Og and Price.

I wouldn’t pay much attention to him. He’s a Richard Noggin of high order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:01 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Hahaha as expected u gotta hold bengals fans hands through most things.  Please don’t compare the athlete.  It’s almost insulting.  Did U know they play two different positions too?  Lmfao.
Bro we don’t need bowers just like we didn’t need John Ross.  But LIKE Ross you have all these children with the same statement. “But just imagine our offense with him”.  We need to go offensive Tackle in 1.
Solid mock tho dude…

You are the one that brought up Ross. You have acted like a douche bag since your first post on here, What is your problem? 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You ought to stop talking down to Bengals fans on this board, not a smart way to stick around and acting like I don't know that John 

U mean like we did for Ross? There’s gonna be a top offensive tackle available. I never said reach at all. Draft after draft there’s been a top
tier talent at tight end and we continue to pass. Why would we then take one now when we went out and signed 3 of em, one of which with a massive ceiling. Sure bowers may be the best prospect available at 18 but what if drake may falls then he’s the best prospect gotta take him right. There’s obviously a level of discern that I think is ur massive oversight….or what if Brian Thomas is best on the board over mims. U gonna take Thomas right cuz he’s the BPA right? Or even bowers. U still take mims all day fricken long over bowers of both are there. It’s That easy. That talk of another tight end is past hilarious and almost infuriating. Are there really only a few that take burrows health as serious as they should. U gotta address a need and I’m not saying screw urself to do so we all knew Billy price should not of been picked. Nor ced those were bad picks even before they were selected. Like Ross. Me I had made those hard points prior to their selection. Regardless,I say again there is gonna be a tackle there for us. Like mims. Not Latham but mims. I agree Troy going to Seattle most likely. Mims will be there. Who should be the pick all day and will most likely be there and much better chance of being there than lil brock B. Which is half the reason I don’t even know why we having the discussion but it’s fuuuuun to imagine right lol. Plus u take bowers and now ur scrambling trying to still find a solution at right tackle…”yea but we got Brock bowers dude” lmfao. Brock bowers shouldnt be entertained at all unless we are sitting in daycare. Drafting a tackle to solidify the oline for our franchise qb who’s already been destroyed and giving our running backs more running lanes and wide revivers more time along with most important burrow more time serves a much bigger purpose than a 4th tight end in an offense that doesn’t highlight the tight end. It just seems boneheaded to me. And I go ham (with love of course) on a lot of u Bengal fans cuz some of it just plain dumb and it should be outed. I passionately disagree with a lot of takes in here. I understand it’s a forum full of Sally’s when it comes to disagreeing. I grew up with brothers. They could take jabs. Who Dey.
Fix ur mock.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:44 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I wouldn’t pay much attention to him. He’s a Richard Noggin of high order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And ur missing ur noggin when it comes to ur takes. Go get a cat scan sleepy hollow
Reply/Quote