Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock of 2024...
(04-15-2024, 10:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You are the one that brought up Ross. You have acted like a douche bag since your first post on here, What is your problem? 

I’m just very direct and in a world today full of simps and Sally’s it’s gets conflated with dbag. There’s bad takes in here all the time and it’s exhausting. We didn’t need Ross but everyone humped his 40 time and just started marveling and imagining “ohh man we don’t need him but just imagine him in our offense”. It’s the same stupid narrative with bowers. Burrow already been murdered right tackle is a massive whole. Tight end doesn’t even come up on the radar as a need. I say again burrow has already been flatlines and yet here we are in April and instead of us all pounding the table for burrow and his health. We want more airplanes instead of parachutes. And after the hell we all been through to finally have a qb and we still don’t take it his health seriously it’s troublesome/or actually
Just very telling of the “fan”. This dude ain’t dalton. He don’t need bowers he needs time. It’s stupid. And I enjoy calling dumb out. Bowers at 18 over mims is stupid.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 12:10 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: U mean like we did for Ross?  There’s gonna be a top offensive tackle available.  I never said reach at all.  Draft after draft there’s been a top
tier talent at tight end and we continue to pass.  Why would we then take one now when we went out and signed 3 of em, one of which with a massive ceiling.  Sure bowers may be the best prospect available at 18 but what if drake may falls  then he’s the best prospect gotta take him right.  There’s obviously a level of discern that I think is ur massive oversight….or what if Brian Thomas is best on the board over mims.  U gonna take Thomas right cuz he’s the BPA right? Or even bowers.  U still take mims all day fricken long over bowers of both are there.  It’s That easy.  That talk of another tight end is past hilarious and almost infuriating.  Are there really only a few that take burrows health as serious as they should.   U gotta address a need and I’m not saying screw urself to do so we all knew Billy price should not of been picked.  Nor ced those were bad picks even before they were selected.  Like Ross.  Me I had made those hard points prior to their selection.  Regardless,I say again there is gonna be a tackle there for us.  Like mims. Not Latham but mims. I agree Troy going to Seattle most likely.  Mims will be there.  Who should be the pick all day  and will most likely be there and much better chance of being there than lil brock B.  Which is half the reason I don’t even know why we having the discussion but it’s fuuuuun to imagine right lol.  Plus u take bowers and now ur scrambling trying to still find a solution at right tackle…”yea but we got Brock bowers dude” lmfao.  Brock bowers shouldnt be entertained at all unless we are sitting in daycare.  Drafting a tackle to solidify the oline for our franchise qb who’s already been destroyed and giving our running backs more running lanes and wide revivers more time along with most important burrow more time serves a much bigger purpose than a 4th tight end in an offense that doesn’t highlight the tight end.  It just seems boneheaded to me.  And I go ham (with love of course) on a lot of u Bengal fans cuz some of it just plain dumb and it should be outed.  I passionately disagree with a lot of takes in here.  I understand it’s a forum full of Sally’s when it comes to disagreeing.  I grew up with brothers.  They could take jabs.  Who Dey.
Fix ur mock.

As Wedge said you are the one who brought up Ross and it is about as dumb of a comparison as I have seen.

Ross was a raw speedster and that was all he relied on. Brock Bowers has been the best TE in the Nation for years, last year he would of
been taken before any of the TE's in one of the deepest TE Drafts in forever. He is the best Yards After Catch TE maybe of all time. Brock is a
great blocker on the edge in the running game and on screens. Bowers runs great routes and is as crisp of a route runner as there is and is a
top 3 Offensive player in this Draft, to get him at 18 is a major steal and we have Trent Brown at RT and would have Blake Fisher for the future
in this scenario who is a physical mauling RT who doesn't need to switch positions.

I can take any jab you throw at me, but honestly these are pretty sad and pathetic. 

Criticize the Trent Brown addition and the Blake Fisher pick if you want to make a claim that this Draft wouldn't help protect Burrow.

BTW, Mims wasn't there in this Mock, making the Bowers pick even more of the right way to go. I want Mims.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 12:28 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: And ur missing ur noggin when it comes to ur takes.  Go get a cat scan sleepy hollow

Another mature response, as expected.  What are you, 15?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Here we go, this is my first this year, used Mock Draft Database...

1st Round: Brock Bowers TE Georgia - Couldn't believe he was there but it is possible and as I have said if he is he would be the BPA
with his amazing Yards After Catch which is about as good as any TE of all time. TE is taken care of for the foreseeable future.

2nd Round: Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame - I think this guy is really underrated in this class, he is very physical, more so than his team
mate in Joe Alt. Fits just what we need at RT and he should have some time to learn behind Trent Brown before he takes over.

3rd Round: McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M - My 2nd favorite NT in this Draft behind Byron Murphy. McKinnley knows how to get low
and take up multiple blockers to free up those around him as good as any NT in this Draft.

3rd Round: Johnny Wilson WR Florida State - This guy is a giant weapon with speed, steal in the late 3rd round IMO.

4th Round: Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville - The best RB at the Combine, just blew it up, great speed, great hands, great in short yardage
and can take it the distance. Could be a star RB in the NFL with all his traits and doesn't have much tread on the tires.

5th Round: Tanor Bortolini IOL Wisconsin - Was good every time I watched him play, surprised he was around this late. Could be a future
replacement for Cappa.

5th Round: Ainias Smith WR/KR - Fantastic Returner and big time playmaker.

6th Round: Austin McNamara P Texas Tech - We need a new Punter that is not a problem. This guy is about the best in this Draft right
there with Tory Taylor who I also like.

6th Round: Myles Cole EDGE Texas Tech

7th Round: Ryan Watts CB Texas

Whenever I run a simulator and Bowers is there, I just reset it. 

Like, I get it. There's a chance he's there.

But he's a singular player whose presence at 18 completely reshapes the entire draft in a way that does not really compare to any other mock draft.

With that said, if he were there at 18, I'd likely take him unless Fuaga is there. He'd do really well in our system with Burrow's precision. 

I just think he's going to the Jets at 10. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for the rest of the draft, Fisher and Jackson are both a round earlier than I'm comfortable with their selections. I feel like a blue chip player at WR will be there at 49 and it'd be a real shame if we have to reach for Fisher simply because Bowers was there at 18. And Jackson, I just don't know if there's a NT worth a top 100 pick in this draft. This would be reaching for need. If Jackson isn't there in the 4th round, I don't know if there's a huge drop off between him and Boyd in the 5th. 

I think the cliff in this draft is around the 100 pick mark, so I'd really like to utilize these first four picks to their fullest. Hell, I'd trade our 4th and a 6th for another crack in the top 100.

Johnny Wilson gives me anxiety. Lots of drops (16.1%), unusually high height and weight for a WR, meager contested catch rate (42.6%), and surprisingly limited production given what you'd think he'd excel at (6 TDs in 31 career games).

He does have a very intriguing athletic profile though, with an RAS of 9.88 and a surprisingly fast 40 time of 4.52 (Faster than his running mate, Keon Coleman, who ran a 4.64). But he's a very high risk pick. He could work out as a late 3d round pick, but I'd be curious who else was available there.

I have no problems with the rest of the picks. 

Bortolini is a Wisconsin offensive lineman who passed the fated short shuttle bar of 4.47 (he did it in 4.28). He is one of my favorite late round IOL targets.

Guerendo, I feel like his 40 yard time has catapulted him from underrated all the way up to overrated haha. I wouldn't mind him in the 4th, but I bet they could get a better runner in that round. Jaylen Wright has been lasting into day 3 for  me in some mock drafts. If my choice were Wright or Guerendo, I'm taking Wright every time.

I think Ainias Smith is a weapon that, for some reason, has not caught on in NFL circles. With the new kick off rules, I bet he could find a nice home as that Punt Returner who can come in on certain downs and torch the defense. With experience as a RB, WR and return man, he'd probably find a spot somewhere on this roster.

No opinion on the 6th and 7th rounders. 

Overall, I'd be a bit disappointed with this draft haul. It feels like the majority of the players are drafted a round or 2 too early, with the exception of Bowers, who I think likely won't be there. 

But I'm just some loser on the internet. I still appreciate all you do, Nate :)
Reply/Quote
All but Fisher.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 05:35 PM)CJD Wrote: Whenever I run a simulator and Bowers is there, I just reset it. 

Like, I get it. There's a chance he's there.

But he's a singular player whose presence at 18 completely reshapes the entire draft in a way that does not really compare to any other mock draft.

With that said, if he were there at 18, I'd likely take him unless Fuaga is there. He'd do really well in our system with Burrow's precision. 

I just think he's going to the Jets at 10. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for the rest of the draft, Fisher and Jackson are both a round earlier than I'm comfortable with their selections. I feel like a blue chip player at WR will be there at 49 and it'd be a real shame if we have to reach for Fisher simply because Bowers was there at 18. And Jackson, I just don't know if there's a NT worth a top 100 pick in this draft. This would be reaching for need. If Jackson isn't there in the 4th round, I don't know if there's a huge drop off between him and Boyd in the 5th. 

I think the cliff in this draft is around the 100 pick mark, so I'd really like to utilize these first four picks to their fullest. Hell, I'd trade our 4th and a 6th for another crack in the top 100.

Johnny Wilson gives me anxiety. Lots of drops (16.1%), unusually high height and weight for a WR, meager contested catch rate (42.6%), and surprisingly limited production given what you'd think he'd excel at (6 TDs in 31 career games).

He does have a very intriguing athletic profile though, with an RAS of 9.88 and a surprisingly fast 40 time of 4.52 (Faster than his running mate, Keon Coleman, who ran a 4.64). But he's a very high risk pick. He could work out as a late 3d round pick, but I'd be curious who else was available there.

I have no problems with the rest of the picks. 

Bortolini is a Wisconsin offensive lineman who passed the fated short shuttle bar of 4.47 (he did it in 4.28). He is one of my favorite late round IOL targets.

Guerendo, I feel like his 40 yard time has catapulted him from underrated all the way up to overrated haha. I wouldn't mind him in the 4th, but I bet they could get a better runner in that round. Jaylen Wright has been lasting into day 3 for  me in some mock drafts. If my choice were Wright or Guerendo, I'm taking Wright every time.

I think Ainias Smith is a weapon that, for some reason, has not caught on in NFL circles. With the new kick off rules, I bet he could find a nice home as that Punt Returner who can come in on certain downs and torch the defense. With experience as a RB, WR and return man, he'd probably find a spot somewhere on this roster.

No opinion on the 6th and 7th rounders. 

Overall, I'd be a bit disappointed with this draft haul. It feels like the majority of the players are drafted a round or 2 too early, with the exception of Bowers, who I think likely won't be there. 

But I'm just some loser on the internet. I still appreciate all you do, Nate :)

Thank you CrazyJDawg. Definitely understand, happy this was my first Mock as I tend to agree with everything you say here except McKinnley
Jackson who I think is right about where I think he will go. I think I will start to reset the mock drafts if they keep showing Bowers there as I agree,
I don't find it likely that he is there and also think the Jets are the most likely team to grab him up at 10.

Slow processing from Blake Fisher is all I got from the criticism of this pick and I just don't see it when watching the film. Fisher is a big dude that
played RT at Notre Dame and more than held his own and he is a mauling O-lineman that can both pass and run block and he plays physical. Didn't
know about the drop rate of Johnny Wilson, yikes!

Jaylen Wright wasn't around in this mock so I still stand by my Guerendo pick whole heartedly. Completely agree on Ainias Smith, this guy is just a 
playmaker and just what we need at Returner and as a backup WR if Chuck Sizzle doesn't stay healthy and perform.

Also really like Bortolini and besides getting Bowers and Jackson is probably my favorite pick in this Draft. I think Bortolini will be a very good IOL 
in the NFL. Rock on, appreciate the insight and agree with a lot of what you say here CJD. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thank you CrazyJDawg. Definitely understand, happy this was my first Mock as I tend to agree with everything you say here except McKinnley
Jackson who I think is right about where I think he will go. I think I will start to reset the mock drafts if they keep showing Bowers there as I agree,
I don't find it likely that he is there and also think the Jets are the most likely team to grab him up at 10.

Slow processing from Blake Fisher is all I got from the criticism of this pick and I just don't see it when watching the film. Fisher is a big dude that
played RT at Notre Dame and more than held his own and he is a mauling O-lineman that can both pass and run block and he plays physical. Didn't
know about the drop rate of Johnny Wilson, yikes!

Jaylen Wright wasn't around in this mock so I still stand by my Guerendo pick whole heartedly. Completely agree on Ainias Smith, this guy is just a 
playmaker and just what we need at Returner and as a backup WR if Chuck Sizzle doesn't stay healthy and perform.

Also really like Bortolini and besides getting Bowers and Jackson is probably my favorite pick in this Draft. I think Bortolini will be a very good IOL 
in the NFL. Rock on, appreciate the insight and agree with a lot of what you say here CJD. Cool

I wouldn't curse the skies if we took Fisher in the 2nd. We need depth at OT, and he will likely be a good backup RT on day 1 with potential to stick as a starter depending on the scheme, I just don't think he's one of the 50 best players in the draft. 

This is what Dane Brugler's "The Beast" says about him:
Quote:STRENGTHS: NFL arm length and measurables … plays light on his feet, especially for his size, and looks smooth in his shuffle movements … able to transition his feet

to cut off inside counter moves … adequate anchor in pass protection to stop a charge … fires off the ball in the run game and competes with the right mentality to
finish blocks … his lateral quickness helps him reach on back-side zone … has no trouble reaching the second level and sealing defenders … dedicated to developing
his lean muscle weight and worked hard to shed the bad pounds (lost 25 pounds after enrolling in South Bend) … after missing most of his freshman season, started
26 straight games to finish his college career.

WEAKNESSES: High-cut and too easily out-leveraged at the point of attack … undeveloped body control and technique and spends too much time on the ground …
inconsistent depth with his pass-pro landmarks and struggles to recover … late hands and doesn’t properly utilize his length/timing to establish first meaningful
contact … uneven results achieving run angles on the move … gets top-heavy as a run blocker and finds his head overextended past his toes … drew five flags in 2023
(one false start, two holds and two personal fouls) … suffered a torn meniscus in his first career game (September 2021), which required surgery and sidelined him for
the rest of the regular season (returned for the bowl game) … almost all (97.8 percent) of his offensive snaps in college came at right tackle.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Notre Dame, Fisher lined up predominantly at right tackle in offensive coordinator Gerad Parker’s balanced scheme. The top-ranked
recruit in Brian Kelly’s final recruiting class in South Bend, he was “Wally Pipped” at left tackle by Joe Alt as a freshman and produced uneven results at right tackle
the last two seasons (he really could have benefited from a senior season to continue developing). Fisher will entice evaluators with his size, compete skills and foot
quickness and drive them crazy with his inconsistent balance, technique and timing. His hands and feet are too often disjointed and can be exposed by savvy
defenders who will set traps for him. Overall, Fisher is a big, athletic finesse blocker who flashes power but falls off too many blocks and needs to introduce more
control to his play style before he is ready for NFL competition. He is a developmental prospect reminiscent of Nicholas Petit-Frere (2022 third-round pick).

I like that he's young and already has a lot of experience. It seems like Brugler believes that, had he gone back to college for his senior year, he'd have a high chance of being a 2nd round pick or higher in 2025. So taking him at 49 would be kind of like trading our 2nd rounder for a potential 1st rounder/2nd rounder next year. Take that for what you will. He's got upside and flashes the ability to be a great RT. I just feel like he'd be outstanding value at 80 Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 06:27 PM)CJD Wrote: I wouldn't curse the skies if we took Fisher in the 2nd. We need depth at OT, and he will likely be a good backup RT on day 1 with potential to stick as a starter depending on the scheme, I just don't think he's one of the 50 best players in the draft. 

This is what Dane Brugler's "The Beast" says about him:

I like that he's young and already has a lot of experience. It seems like Brugler believes that, had he gone back to college for his senior year, he'd have a high chance of being a 2nd round pick or higher in 2025. So taking him at 49 would be kind of like trading our 2nd rounder for a potential 1st rounder/2nd rounder next year. Take that for what you will. He's got upside and flashes the ability to be a great RT. I just feel like he'd be outstanding value at 80 Tongue

Nice, that is about what I see in Blake Fisher and you were right in the first place, I was kind of put off by Bowers being there and made me reach a 
touch on Fisher in the 2nd round. Have to get a RT somewhat early. I like that Fisher has good upside with his length and quick feet, needs to really 
work on his balance which is why I want Amarius Mims so much, he kind of has it all even if he doesn't have a lot of snaps.

Mims wasn't there in this draft, neither was Latham or Fautanu and I don't like Guyton. I would take Bowers over Guyton every time.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 01:49 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Another mature response, as expected.  What are you, 15?

Was gonna ask u the same thing when judging ur takes on here. Is there an age limit in here. Where’s the adult forum.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 09:05 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Was gonna ask u the same thing when judging ur takes on here.  Is there an age limit in here.  Where’s the adult forum.

I don't think you've counted it out Newbie. If Brock Bowers is available at #18 that most likely means the top 6 offensive tackles are off the board. Lol

4 QBs
3 WRs
4 Defensive players (stretching to get to 4 more likely 3)
6 Offensive Tackles (including Fautanu)
1 TE
=18

The Bengals will need a 5th QB, 4th WR, or 5th Defensive player taken in the top 18 to really push one of the Offensive Tackles down.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 09:31 AM)Synric Wrote: I don't think you've counted it out Newbie. If Brock Bowers is available at #18 that most likely means the top 6 offensive tackles are off the board. Lol

4 QBs
3 WRs
4 Defensive players (stretching to get to 4 more likely 3)
6 Offensive Tackles (including Fautanu)
1 TE
=18

The Bengals will need a 5th QB, 4th WR, or 5th Defensive player taken in the top 18 to really push one of the Offensive Tackles down.

Don’t forget 2 cbs. Mitchell and Arnold will probably go before 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 10:50 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Don’t forget 2 cbs.  Mitchell and Arnold will probably go before 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 Defensive players a combination of your choice.

To get to 5 defensive players in the top 17 Murphy, DeJean, or all 3 Ends would have to go plus Mitchell and Arnold. Might be a tough ask over the OT class. Like Seattle would have to go Murphy over Fautanu might happen but Fautanu seems like an easy penciled in player for the Seahawks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote