Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock...
My first one this year, hope you all like it...

1st round - Corey Coleman WR Baylor - This guy is extremely fast, can seperate, runs great routes,
beats Corners and Safeties deep, has great hands and will. Reminds me of Steve Smith in his prime.
Might not have the size that Treadwell or Doctson have but is the best receiver in this class IMO.

2nd round - Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU - Changed from Deion Jones to this guy after looking at this
more closely. We will need to add another pass rusher and this guy fits the mold. Big, strong, fast athlete
that should make up for the failures of Hunt and Clarke. Kaufusi should be flying up the boards the closer
we get to the Draft.

3rd round - Hassan Ridgeway DT Texas - Cannot move this guy in the run game and he can also rush
the passer. Just what we need for the future. Deep DT class pushes him down this far, best of the mid
round DT's.

4th round - Graham Glasgow OC Michigan - Need a Center to compete badly and take over for Bodine if
he does not improve. Probably the most ignored need on the team right now.

5th round - Morgan Burns CB/KR Kansas State - This guy can play CB and return, double threat guy.

6th round - Kolby Listenbee WR TCU - Double dip some are predicting, this guy impressed me and he only
falls this far cause he was overshadowed by Doctson. This guy is actually faster from what i have seen and
could be very good. Great upside for the future.

7th round - Josh Forrest LB Kentucky- Late round grab for depth. I honestly think if he can stay healthy that
Marquis Flowers will be a good one which will take away some of the immediate need at this spot. Plus the
Dansby acquisition even if it is only for one year.
Reply/Quote
I like a lot of it, Nate, but I don't want to think LB in the second round. There could possibly be an impact RDE there....I know that is hard to say, being a mock, but I would hope there would be a talented 4-3 DE available there that could help on passing downs this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 02:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like a lot of it, Nate, but I don't want to think LB in the second round.  There could possibly be an impact RDE there....I know that is hard to say, being a mock, but I would hope there would be a talented 4-3 DE available there that could help on passing downs this year.

After i made the mock, i stopped, looked at it and didn't like the fact there was no pass rusher.

I am with you and i am going to make a change. We can go without a LB for another year with the Dansby signing.

We need to keep our pass rush tops though, this is a must.
Reply/Quote
Check out my change fellas. I know Deion Jones put out some great numbers at his Proday but
come on Kaufusi would fit us very well and i expect him to be picked in the late 2nd not 3rd or 4th
like some are predicting. Perfect fit for us to get a pass rusher with big time upside...
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My first one this year, hope you all like it...

1st round - Corey Coleman WR Baylor - This guy is extremely fast, can seperate, runs great routes,
beats Corners and Safeties deep, has great hands and will. Reminds me of Steve Smith in his prime.
Might not have the size that Treadwell or Doctson have but is the best receiver in this class IMO.

2nd round - Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU - Changed from Deion Jones to this guy after looking at this
more closely. We will need to add another pass rusher and this guy fits the mold. Big, strong, fast athlete
that should make up for the failures of Hunt and Clarke. Kaufusi should be flying up the boards the closer
we get to the Draft.

3rd round - Hassan Ridgeway DT Texas - Cannot move this guy in the run game and he can also rush
the passer. Just what we need for the future. Deep DT class pushes him down this far, best of the mid
round DT's.

4th round - Graham Glasgow OC Michigan - Need a Center to compete badly and take over for Bodine if
he does not improve. Probably the most ignored need on the team right now.

5th round - Morgan Burns CB/KR Kansas State - This guy can play CB and return, double threat guy.

6th round - Kolby Listenbee WR TCU - Double dip some are predicting, this guy impressed me and he only
falls this far cause he was overshadowed by Doctson. This guy is actually faster from what i have seen and
could be very good. Great upside for the future.

7th round - Tra Carson RB Texas A&M- Can do it all, run, catch, block, lacks in speed but still a fine grab in
the 7th after losing Wilder and Watson last season. We will probably add a RB late. This is a good one.

Very good mock overall IMO.

I really like Coleman, but think that in an overall slow WR class, Coleman will go before the Bengals pick.
I'm a big fan of Ridgeway and think he'd be a great 4-3 NT next to Atkins.
While I too think Kaufusi is a 3rd round talent, nothing wrong with taking a round early to get a player you want.
The one pick I would change is the last. While the Bengals did lose two RBs, both were UDFAs and can be replaced by UDFAs. My recommendation would be to change this pick to a position that is more open for the regular roster (4th safety, maybe 6th LB, maybe 3rd TE).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 09:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Very good mock overall IMO.

I really like Coleman, but think that in an overall slow WR class, Coleman will go before the Bengals pick.
I'm a big fan of Ridgeway and think he'd be a great 4-3 NT next to Atkins.
While I too think Kaufusi is a 3rd round talent, nothing wrong with taking a round early to get a player you want.
The one pick I would change is the last. While the Bengals did lose two RBs, both were UDFAs and can be replaced by UDFAs. My recommendation would be to change this pick to a position that is more open for the regular roster (4th safety, maybe 6th LB, maybe 3rd TE).

Thanks man, my first mock was bound to have a few mistakes lol

I will study up and see if i can find a late round steal to grab in the 7th other than RB.

I am kind of assuming that Reggie will be back so we will have Iloka, Shawn, Reggie and Derron Smith at Safety.
But it is not a bad idea to get a talented guy in the 7th to compete for a place on the PS. Same with LB and TE.
We have Eifert, Kroft and Uzomah (spelling). Plus we had a couple giants from last year at TE.

I think i would probably rather go with LB, so...
Reply/Quote
Solid mock. I think Coleman would be a great fit for us but fear he gets taken before our selection. Doctson could be an alternative but I have a feeling it will be a speedster and if Coleman is off the board then likely Will Fuller is next in line even though he isn't one of my personal favorites with his drops. I also think we need another Defensive End but I just don't know who it would be. It feels like if one is taken in the first round then you either grab Oakman or Kaufusi or miss out completely based on what we typically look for.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 01:15 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Solid mock. I think Coleman would be a great fit for us but fear he gets taken before our selection. Doctson could be an alternative but I have a feeling it will be a speedster and if Coleman is off the board then likely Will Fuller is next in line even though he isn't one of my personal favorites with his drops. I also think we need another Defensive End but I just don't know who it would be. It feels like if one is taken in the first round then you either grab Oakman or Kaufusi or miss out completely based on what we typically look for.

We usually have a certain type of End we look for and if this continues you are right and we might miss
out on these types if we wait too long. Personally i hope this way of thinking goes by the waste side with
our new DL coach and we just look for pass rushers no matter the size.

It is just crazy to me to miss out on a Von Miller type just cause of his smaller stature.

Speed rusher would be great, i just have not looked them up that much in this Draft due to our history.

Hope our history is just that, history.
Reply/Quote