Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's most likely to happen Mock...
Alright, doing this one on how I think the Bengals will go come Thursday Night and the following...

1st Round - Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State: Playmaking Corner to really put our Secondary in the tops, he is light
and needs to put on some weight but this guy could be a stud for us in the future and be an All Pro type Corner, great tackler, great
in coverage and is a ballhawk.

2nd Round - Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin: Big DT that can stop the run and rush the passer, helps soften the blow if DJ leaves
after this season.

3rd Round - Roschon Johnson RB Texas: A RB that can pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield and is a thumper. More
talented than people think, Roschon Johnson has good vision and burst.

4th Round - Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati: Talented TE that is 6'6" and can go up for the ball and is getting better as a blocker, he
was on a bad Offense which is why his production stalled, but that isn't his fault. Very high upside.

5th Round - Kenny Mcintosh RB Georgia: Surprised this guy is falling through the cracks, he has nice quicks and can break big
runs, explosive. With Roschon and Kenny we have thunder and lightning and both can pass protect.

6th Round - Brenton Strange TE Penn State: This guy is underrated, just solid all the way around and should be a solid pro TE.

7th Round - Robert Beal EDGE Georgia: Must of missed why this guy is falling in all the mocks, must be injury or something.
This guy is a very good pass rusher, a good one to compete with Basham and Gunter at End in our rotation.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, doing this one on how I think the Bengals will go come Thursday Night and the following...

1st Round - Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State: Playmaking Corner to really put our Secondary in the tops, he is light
and needs to put on some weight but this guy could be a stud for us in the future and be an All Pro type Corner, great tackler, great

2nd Round - Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin: Big DT that can stop the run and rush the passer, helps soften the blow if DJ leaves
after this season.

3rd Round - Roschon Johnson RB Texas: A RB that can pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield and is a thumper. More

4th Round - Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati: Talented TE that is 6'6" and can go up for the ball and is getting better as a blocker, he
was on a bad Offense which is why his production stalled, but that isn't his fault. Very high upside.

5th Round - Kenny Mcintosh RB Georgia: Surprised this guy is falling through the cracks, he has nice quicks and can break big
runs, explosive. With Roschon and Kenny we have thunder and lightning and both can pass protect.

6th Round - Brenton Strange TE Penn State: This guy is underrated, just solid all the way around and should be a solid pro TE.

7th Round - Robert Beal EDGE Georgia: Must of missed why this guy is falling in all the mocks, must be injury or something.
This guy is a very good pass rusher, a good one to compete with Basham and Gunter at End in our rotation.

Thoughts?

Nice job Nate! The only thing I would change would be trying to get Davis Allen instead of Brenton Strange but I like both of them. Good mock!
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 06:48 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Nice job Nate! The only thing I would change would be trying to get Davis Allen instead of Brenton Strange but I like both of them. Good mock!

Cool

Thanks brother, yeah, I was looking for Davis Allen in this one right where I took Strange but he was gone. Same with Spears over 
Roschon but Spears was gone.

Allen has great hands and is flying up my board thoughts the closer to the Draft. Nothing against Strange, he is solid, I just think that 
Allen might have a higher ceiling. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, doing this one on how I think the Bengals will go come Thursday Night and the following...

Thoughts?

From your keyboard to God's mainframe. Would love to see your projection happen.
Reply/Quote
I would be very happy if this would be the results. I’m liking that CB in rd 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

after this season.

Thoughts?

Forbes is my expectation for our first round pick as well. I just think the need fits the value too perfectly. Brett Kollman isn't a huge fan of his, which is a mild concern (even says if you want what Forbes could be in the NFL, DJ Turner is a similar profile and a lesser chance of bust due to size), but Joe Goodberry loves him. He's a very polarizing prospect, for sure, but I think the Bengals would make good use of him and his frame could afford to hold another 10 to 15 lbs.

Regardless, I would still love the Forbes pick.

Benton I also love (I made a thread about him), but I'd be surprised if he were there at 60. I'd absolutely love if he was, as it would be a steal. I guess in a DT class this deep someone has to fall. I think Mazi Smith is more likely to drop than Benton though simply because nose tackles always seem to fall in the draft. DTs with pass rush upside typically go higher in the draft and that's what Benton is. With that said, if we took Smith at 60 I'd love that too because he'd be essentially a direct DJ replacement.

Johnson is one of my favorite mid round RBs in this draft. He doesn't have a lot of wear and tear, he has good reps as a pass blocker and, if I recall correctly, he lead college football in elusive rate per PFF (or at least was close). I don't have a subscription to PFF, so I can't double check that. It was just something I heard on one of their podcasts. He isn't a burner and is strictly a complimentary back (he's the closest I could find to Samaje Perine in this draft). I think the 3rd round may be a round or two early for him simply because this RB class is so deep though. I think we could nab him in the 4th, but I can't complain about getting one of my favorite backs even if it is a round earlier than I'd prefer.

Whyle is good as well, but again, a rounder earlier than I'd prefer. He and Strange may end up being swapped, tbh, which wouldn't bother me. I like them both as prospects and would be happy if we got both of them in the same draft.

Double dipping at RB is an interesting strategy, as we already have Mixon and Williams on the roster. This would essentially kick Evans off the roster, which may or may not happen anyway haha. They have not been a fan of using him in the last few years for whatever reason, even though he always seems to make a play when he's on the field. I don't know a lot about McIntosh since he's a very late round prospect, but from what I've seen it sounds like he offers some value as a receiver out of the backfield. Can't complain about that.

Depth at edge rusher is always appreciated too.

Overall, I'd be fairly happy with this draft. A few guys are a little too early for my tastes (with Johnson, Whyle and Mcintosh going 3, 4 and 5, when they could potentially go 4, 5 and 6 would essentially be converting our 3rd rounder into a 6th rounder) but you get good value in the 6th with Strange, so that mostly evens out, I think. I think this draft fills several holes and improves a roster that was already on the brink of its second straight Super Bowl appearance!
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 5th Round - Kenny Mcintosh RB Georgia: Surprised this guy is falling through the cracks, he has nice quicks and can break big

Thoughts?

Probably McIntosh isn't being talked about much because he didn't show very well in the speed and agility drills at the Combine.
Pretty much only thing McIntosh did well was his 10-yard split. Everything else really underwhelmed, especially only at 204 lbs.
https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=23069&ovl=Georgia
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, doing this one on how I think the Bengals will go come Thursday Night and the following...

after this season.

Thoughts?

I’d be shocked if they took 2 running backs. Economics drives all roster decisions. They’ve got Evans and Williams ( new deal) and Mixon who will be on the roster for ‘23. They may take one but someone told me that there was zero chance they’d go into ‘23 with a new RB room. They could draft one and Evans go to the practice squad. But right now they are pointing towards Trayveon to replace Perine
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

after this season.

Thoughts?

Nate, if you use one of the draft sims, you can add it to the new draft challenge thread...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

after this season.

Thoughts?

I think you're spot on with the "most likely" take. I also think rounds 3 or 4, or maybe even round 2 (to fan dismay) could be Blake Freeland, OL from BYU.
Reply/Quote

after this season.

Thoughts?

Don't know much about Benton but I can see why you would try to have an option behind Reader and Tupou who could both leave.  BTW,  Tufele is still a Bengal through 2024.  Really like him last year in limited action.   I have no idea who else might have been available, but my dream is the Bengals come away with Jones in Rd 2 as a developmental guy at RT.  He could make Jonah expendible.  

Forbes and Johnson are awesome picks.  Would be pumped if we came away with those two the first couple days of the draft.  

I'm not sold on Whyle.  Didn't put up great athletic scores, nor did he have great production.  So-so athlete. 

Love the rest.  Good work, Nate.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 06:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: From your keyboard to God's mainframe. Would love to see your projection happen.

Rock On

(04-23-2023, 07:14 PM)Danimal Wrote: I would be very happy if this would be the results. I’m liking that CB in rd 1.

Thanks Danimal. Cool

(04-23-2023, 07:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Forbes is my expectation for our first round pick as well. I just think the need fits the value too perfectly. Brett Kollman isn't a huge fan of his, which is a mild concern (even says if you want what Forbes could be in the NFL, DJ Turner is a similar profile and a lesser chance of bust due to size), but Joe Goodberry loves him. He's a very polarizing prospect, for sure, but I think the Bengals would make good use of him and his frame could afford to hold another 10 to 15 lbs.

Regardless, I would still love the Forbes pick.

Benton I also love (I made a thread about him), but I'd be surprised if he were there at 60. I'd absolutely love if he was, as it would be a steal. I guess in a DT class this deep someone has to fall. I think Mazi Smith is more likely to drop than Benton though simply because nose tackles always seem to fall in the draft. DTs with pass rush upside typically go higher in the draft and that's what Benton is. With that said, if we took Smith at 60 I'd love that too because he'd be essentially a direct DJ replacement.

Johnson is one of my favorite mid round RBs in this draft. He doesn't have a lot of wear and tear, he has good reps as a pass blocker and, if I recall correctly, he lead college football in elusive rate per PFF (or at least was close). I don't have a subscription to PFF, so I can't double check that. It was just something I heard on one of their podcasts. He isn't a burner and is strictly a complimentary back (he's the closest I could find to Samaje Perine in this draft). I think the 3rd round may be a round or two early for him simply because this RB class is so deep though. I think we could nab him in the 4th, but I can't complain about getting one of my favorite backs even if it is a round earlier than I'd prefer.

Whyle is good as well, but again, a rounder earlier than I'd prefer. He and Strange may end up being swapped, tbh, which wouldn't bother me. I like them both as prospects and would be happy if we got both of them in the same draft.

Double dipping at RB is an interesting strategy, as we already have Mixon and Williams on the roster. This would essentially kick Evans off the roster, which may or may not happen anyway haha. They have not been a fan of using him in the last few years for whatever reason, even though he always seems to make a play when he's on the field. I don't know a lot about McIntosh since he's a very late round prospect, but from what I've seen it sounds like he offers some value as a receiver out of the backfield. Can't complain about that.

Depth at edge rusher is always appreciated too.

Overall, I'd be fairly happy with this draft. A few guys are a little too early for my tastes (with Johnson, Whyle and Mcintosh going 3, 4 and 5, when they could potentially go 4, 5 and 6 would essentially be converting our 3rd rounder into a 6th rounder) but you get good value in the 6th with Strange, so that mostly evens out, I think. I think this draft fills several holes and improves a roster that was already on the brink of its second straight Super Bowl appearance!

Rock on CJD. I understand your points, I just went on how the Draft fell. They have guys ranked higher than I do and kind of had 
to take what I could get. Like I see Strange going a lot earlier than they have him going in all these simulators. If I didn't take Roschon
where I did he would of been gone in the 4th pretty sure. And yeah, Benton being there at 60 also seems far fetched.

I like Whyle a lot, he is kind of like LaPorta in this way where he had shit at QB.

(04-23-2023, 09:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Probably McIntosh isn't being talked about much because he didn't show very well in the speed and agility drills at the Combine.
Pretty much only thing McIntosh did well was his 10-yard split. Everything else really underwhelmed, especially only at 204 lbs.
https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=23069&ovl=Georgia

Makes sense, watching McIntosh as a runner he looks way more quick than his combine numbers allude.

In the end I like to watch film over just judging from the Combine. His film looks good.

(04-24-2023, 11:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d be shocked if they took 2 running backs. Economics drives all roster decisions. They’ve got Evans and Williams ( new deal) and Mixon who will be on the roster for ‘23. They may take one but someone told me that there was zero chance they’d go into ‘23 with a new RB room. They could draft one and Evans go to the practice squad. But right now they are pointing towards Trayveon to replace Perine

You keep saying this, but I only see Mixon on the roster if his contract is restructured and he shows more effort in pass pro.

We have been looking at RB's and TE's more than any positions in this Draft for a reason.

(04-24-2023, 11:24 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Nate, if you use one of the draft sims, you can add it to the new draft challenge thread...

Thanks Psych, don't know if I know how to do that or where the draft challenge thread is...

I put this here because I couldn't find the Mock draft forum anymore...

(04-24-2023, 12:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think you're spot on with the "most likely" take. I also think rounds 3 or 4, or maybe even round 2 (to fan dismay) could be Blake Freeland, OL from BYU.

We have looked at Freeland. He sure is a freak of an athlete for his size. I just don't know if he fits the Gap scheme.

(04-24-2023, 01:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't know much about Benton but I can see why you would try to have an option behind Reader and Tupou who could both leave.  BTW,  Tufele is still a Bengal through 2024.  Really like him last year in limited action.   I have no idea who else might have been available, but my dream is the Bengals come away with Jones in Rd 2 as a developmental guy at RT.  He could make Jonah expendible.  

Forbes and Johnson are awesome picks.  Would be pumped if we came away with those two the first couple days of the draft.  

I'm not sold on Whyle.  Didn't put up great athletic scores, nor did he have great production.  So-so athlete. 

Love the rest.  Good work, Nate.

Benton could be a stud in the NFL and brings a pass rush with him. Honestly, was surprised he was there at 60. I also really like 
Jay Tufele and he might be the reason we aren't scared of losing DJ, I don't know, sure scares me, We don't make it to the SB or 
the AFCC 2 times in a row without DJ Reader.

Wouldn't mind Dawand Jones at 60 if he is in shape somewhat, but him avoiding drills makes me hesitant with him. I think the 
coaches like Carman to take over RT and run with it and we trade Jonah during the Draft. While Whyle didn't put up RAS scores 
like Kuntz, he is still athletic and fast. He was just on a bad Offense similar to LaPorta who is another TE I like in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
That would be a very solid draft Nate. Nice work.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 11:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d be shocked if they took 2 running backs. Economics drives all roster decisions. They’ve got Evans and Williams ( new deal) and Mixon who will be on the roster for ‘23. They may take one but someone told me that there was zero chance they’d go into ‘23 with a new RB room. They could draft one and Evans go to the practice squad. But right now they are pointing towards Trayveon to replace Perine

Evans can't get on the field, Williams is on a 1 year minimum deal and Mixon will probably be gone next year. Double dipping at RB doesn't seem out of the question at all, especially in terms of providing competition. 

With Nate's mock, Roschon is your immediate day 1 replacement for Samaje, and McIntosh would likely be used more in the receiving game. Makes plenty of sense and I'm sure the Bengals would love if something like that fell their way.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That would be a very solid draft Nate. Nice work.

Thanks bud.  Cool

(04-24-2023, 03:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Evans can't get on the field, Williams is on a 1 year minimum deal and Mixon will probably be gone next year. Double dipping at RB doesn't seem out of the question at all, especially in terms of providing competition. 

With Nate's mock, Roschon is your immediate day 1 replacement for Samaje, and McIntosh would likely be used more in the receiving game. Makes plenty of sense and I'm sure the Bengals would love if something like that fell their way.

Exactly, we are anything but set at RB right now and we have looked at RB's and TE's the most of any positions. I think we 
double dip at both in a deep Draft for both and it would be a good idea to do so. Spears is my favorite RB after the first round
but hard not to really like this scenario as it ensures Corner and DT while adding the weapons.
Reply/Quote

I have been warming up to the idea of Corner Emmanuell Forbes being the Bengals pick.

He finds ways to make ball hawking interceptions with solid hands and seems to tackle well.

What he lacks in weight at just 166 pounds, he makes up for in height at 6 foot 1.

He appears to have Star qualities with his weight turning people off but he can add 12 to 15 pounds of muscle over time to become very good. IMO
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Evans can't get on the field, Williams is on a 1 year minimum deal and Mixon will probably be gone next year. Double dipping at RB doesn't seem out of the question at all, especially in terms of providing competition. 

Just my opinion devoting 29% of your picks to running back with a starter in place taking 66% of the snaps seems unrealistic. Now certainly if they are moving on that’s different. But I’ve said since January I thought Joe was safe. Of course his personal issues have some bearing there. But we have too many needs to get 2 running backs. Just my opinion.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just my opinion devoting 29% of your picks to running back with a starter in place taking 66% of the snaps seems unrealistic. Now certainly if they are moving on that’s different. But I’ve said since January I thought Joe was safe. Of course his personal issues have some bearing there. But we have too many needs to get 2 running backs. Just my opinion.

Take Nate's mock: Mixon's the starter, Roschon replaces Perine, McIntosh and Williams are 3/4. Seems like good room building.
Reply/Quote
Honestly If Roschon Johnson goes before the 5th round I would be shocked.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

I have been warming up to the idea Corner Emmanuell Forbes being the Bengals pick.

He finds ways to make ball hawking interceptions with solid hands and seems to tackle well.

What he lacks in weight at just 166 pounds, he makes up for in height at 6 foot 1.

He appears to have Star qualities with his weight turning people off but he can add 12 to 15 pounds of muscle over time to become very good. IMO

Yes sir Depthchart. Forbes is long, even if he is light. He can add the weight and not lose much speed. Being a good tackler and a
ballhawk are great qualities in a Corner. I think Forbes could be a shutdown Corner in the NFL down the road.
Reply/Quote