Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's most likely to happen Mock...
(04-24-2023, 04:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Honestly If Roschon Johnson goes before the 5th round I would be shocked.

For some reason the RB's I like have been going earlier and earlier. Spears for example isn't making it to our pick in the 3rd anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Honestly If Roschon Johnson goes before the 5th round I would be shocked.

I feel like he'll go earlier than than the 5th. A lot of mocks have him in the mid 3rd to mid 4th right now. I think Brugler had him in the 80's. Hard to say though. There's a lot of guys in this draft that are difficult to project.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For some reason the RB's I like have been going earlier and earlier. Spears for example isn't making it to our pick in the 3rd anymore.

(04-24-2023, 04:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I feel like he'll go earlier than than the 5th. A lot of mocks have him in the mid 3rd to mid 4th right now. I think Brugler had him in the 80's. Hard to say though. There's a lot of guys in this draft that are difficult to project.

Its not because I dislike Johnson its just that I think end of the 3rd and the 4th round will be where teams start grabbing RBs. A couple guys I like Johnson and Hull could fall because of their projection as 3rd down backs.

Of course that is just my pre draft prediction lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Take Nate's mock: Mixon's the starter, Roschon replaces Perine, McIntosh and Williams are 3/4. Seems like good room building.

But I still disagree. It’s a dollar and cents thing. Unlikely to me with Evans on the books they want to increase the dollar amount devoted to the running back room. If 2 running backs were the plan just don’t see them resigning Trayveon almost within an hour of Samaje telling them he was gone.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But I still disagree. It’s a dollar and cents thing. Unlikely to me with Evans on the books they want to increase the dollar amount devoted to the running back room. If 2 running backs were the plan just don’t see them resigning Trayveon almost within an hour of Samaje telling them he was gone.

Evans can be easily cut, only 87k in dead cap. Williams has been waived and re-signed multiple times, so you might be overthinking that a bit.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Makes sense, watching McIntosh as a runner he looks way more quick than his combine numbers allude.

In the end I like to watch film over just judging from the Combine. His film looks good.

I agree, but not everyone watches clips/film on every player, at least not until there's something about that player (like Combine performance) that intrigues them.
I know I haven't watched every player.
For McIntosh, his Combine made me not interested to look more into him, but now that you mention him, he does look faster in game than his Combine numbers indicated.
With that said, I haven't seen him much as a pass protector, and that was also what I had been looking for in prospects previously.
He's much more of a receiver and outside runner than a guy who is going to pound between the tackles and pass protect.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Evans can be easily cut, only 87k in dead cap. Williams has been waived and re-signed multiple times, so you might be overthinking that a bit.

We’ll see. JMO I don’t think they want 2 new running backs leaving them with 5 open draft spots when they need a TE, C, DT, and several other spots more.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ll see. JMO I don’t think they want 2 new running backs leaving them with 5 open draft spots when they need a TE, C, DT, and several other spots more.

As Duke said, they don't go into any draft 'planning' on double dipping at a position, but if things fall in a way that presents the opportunity, they will do it if it helps them 'now and in the future'.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As Duke said, they don't go into any draft 'planning' on double dipping at a position, but if things fall in a way that presents the opportunity, they will do it if it helps them 'now and in the future'.

They’ve got a spot for someone they really like. Bijan ( unlikely) Charbonett , Gibbs, maybe Roschon. But with 7 spots I just don’t see with Evans and Trayveon and Mixon drafting 2. JMO.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They’ve got a spot for someone they really like. Bijan ( unlikely) Charbonett , Gibbs, maybe Roschon. But with 7 spots I just don’t see with Evans and Trayveon and Mixon drafting 2. JMO.

Evans touched the ball 3 times last year on offense and lost his return duties to Williams. It doesn't really feel like they're very high on him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Evans touched the ball 3 times last year on offense and lost his return duties to Williams. It doesn't really feel like they're very high on him. 

And that’s solid points but JMO Evans is a known commodity and knows the offense. We’ll sure see.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rock On

Thanks Danimal. Cool

Rock on CJD. I understand your points, I just went on how the Draft fell. They have guys ranked higher than I do and kind of had 
to take what I could get. Like I see Strange going a lot earlier than they have him going in all these simulators. If I didn't take Roschon
where I did he would of been gone in the 4th pretty sure. And yeah, Benton being there at 60 also seems far fetched.

I like Whyle a lot, he is kind of like LaPorta in this way where he had shit at QB.

Makes sense, watching McIntosh as a runner he looks way more quick than his combine numbers allude.

In the end I like to watch film over just judging from the Combine. His film looks good.

You keep saying this, but I only see Mixon on the roster if his contract is restructured and he shows more effort in pass pro.

We have been looking at RB's and TE's more than any positions in this Draft for a reason.

Thanks Psych, don't know if I know how to do that or where the draft challenge thread is...

I put this here because I couldn't find the Mock draft forum anymore...

We have looked at Freeland. He sure is a freak of an athlete for his size. I just don't know if he fits the Gap scheme.

Benton could be a stud in the NFL and brings a pass rush with him. Honestly, was surprised he was there at 60. I also really like 
Jay Tufele and he might be the reason we aren't scared of losing DJ, I don't know, sure scares me, We don't make it to the SB or 
the AFCC 2 times in a row without DJ Reader.

Wouldn't mind Dawand Jones at 60 if he is in shape somewhat, but him avoiding drills makes me hesitant with him. I think the 
coaches like Carman to take over RT and run with it and we trade Jonah during the Draft. While Whyle didn't put up RAS scores 
like Kuntz, he is still athletic and fast. He was just on a bad Offense similar to LaPorta who is another TE I like in this Draft.

Amazing how we have not really mentioned him in the RT conversation.  He has the toughness and enough agility.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 06:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Amazing how we have not really mentioned him in the RT conversation.  He has the toughness and enough agility.  

If Carman just likes playing at Tackle and the move to the right side isn't really a thing with him, we could have our answer there.

He sure played pretty well at LT in the Playoffs, it was impressive. Burrow said he felt no pressure on his blindside when Carman 
was there. It would be frickin' awesome if Carman became a stud for us at RT.
Reply/Quote