Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's second Mock of 2021...
Alright, have to do a Chase Mock as he is the other guy we are most likely to take and I will be more than fine with
either one of him or Sewell. Love Pitts the most as I think he is the most talented but would love anyone of them if in
the end the OL is upgraded. Here we go...

1st Round: Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU - Great Receiver with great quicks, route running, speed and hands. Special player
at an area of need. Played with Burrow so has automatic chemistry and looks great in his workouts so I think he will
not be affected by the year off as much as Sewell will with the much bigger body. Immediate impact in the first round.

2nd Round: Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame - Was just fantastic in college playing in a powerhouse college for putting
out the best O-lineman lately. Shorter arms is the only reason he falls to the second. Great plug and play OT that could
also play Guard in a pinch. Not a much better player to learn from Reiff either or to fill in for Jonah at LT.

3rd Round: Jackson Carman OG Clemson - Road grading athletic Guard who can also play Tackle if we need him to.

4th Round: Patrick Jones DE Pittsburgh - Need another pass rusher and this is my guy in the mid rounds. Great upside
and for some reason keeps falling.

4th Round (trade up): Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa - For some reason this guy falls cause of the small school. This
guy's athleticism is off the charts and he is a road grader in the run game with crazy upside to grow in the passing game
behind Reiff.

6th Round: Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn - Great speed, not a polished route runner. We be fast at WR now.

7th Round: Evan McPherson K Florida - Best Kicker in the Draft in some people's minds. Replace Bullock.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
No thoughts on my Chase mock eh?

I like it almost as much as the Sewell one...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No thoughts on my Chase mock eh?

I like it almost as much as the Sewell one...

Like your work
I never seen the mock but I know you like Spencer Brown as much as me.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:03 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Like your work
I never seen the mock but I know you like Spencer Brown as much as me.

Thanks, yeah, Brown I think is the perfect OT to learn behind the starters and to get him in the mid rounds is just gravy.

Crazy athletic for an O-lineman and he is a mauler to boot. 

Think he would fit perfectly in an outside zone like we are implementing.
Reply/Quote
I like it....... very similar to mine ThumbsUp

I mentioned that I'm not sure if Schwartz makes it to 6, but he'd be a hell of steal if he does.

LOVE THE Eichenberg and Carman picks.

NICE WORK!
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 11:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, have to do a Chase Mock as he is the other guy we are most likely to take and I will be more than fine with
either one of him or Sewell. Love Pitts the most as I think he is the most talented but would love anyone of them if in
the end the OL is upgraded. Here we go...

1st Round: Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU - Great Receiver with great quicks, route running, speed and hands. Special player
at an area of need. Played with Burrow so has automatic chemistry and looks great in his workouts so I think he will
not be affected by the year off as much as Sewell will with the much bigger body. Immediate impact in the first round.

2nd Round: Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame - Was just fantastic in college playing in a powerhouse college for putting
out the best O-lineman lately. Shorter arms is the only reason he falls to the second. Great plug and play OT that could
also play Guard in a pinch. Not a much better player to learn from Reiff either or to fill in for Jonah at LT.

3rd Round: Jackson Carman OG Clemson - Road grading athletic Guard who can also play Tackle if we need him to.

4th Round: Patrick Jones DE Pittsburgh - Need another pass rusher and this is my guy in the mid rounds. Great upside
and for some reason keeps falling.

5th Round (trade up): Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa - For some reason this guy falls cause of the small school. This
guy's athleticism is off the charts and he is a road grader in the run game with crazy upside to grow in the passing game
behind Reiff.

6th Round: Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn - Great speed, not a polished route runner. We be fast at WR now.

7th Round: Evan McPherson K Florida - Best Kicker in the Draft in some people's minds. Replace Bullock.

Thoughts?

I'm really big on Eichenberg. Some will not be as high on him because he's not the most athletic or has the highest ceiling. All he is though, is a rock-steady, show up and do your job, scheme versatile linemen who I think could end up becoming an excellent LG, similar to what Joe Thuney did after being a T in college.

Adding Carman to the mix, if he were to be there at that point, would be a helluva get. I think his future is on the right side, especially in any wide / outside zone scheme...and we could definitely use help at RG. 

I have no idea where Spencer Brown ends up going, but I honestly can't see him falling past the 4th, at the worst. Of course, I also thought Josh Jones and Andrew Billings would be first rounders, so you never know. I would love for it to happen though. The guy is a monster who just needs some solid coaching and a little patience.

Overall, nice work brother. This draft would knock it the hell out of the park! If our picks unfolded this, adding Chase plus 3 quality o-linemen...I would have to wear loose fitting sweatpants for at least week.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I like it. I'm hoping for Sewell but I'm expecting Chase to be the pick. I think we need a back up safety but we have two 6th round picks and one should be available there.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 05:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm really big on Eichenberg. Some will not be as high on him because he's not the most athletic or has the highest ceiling. All he is though, is a rock-steady, show up and do your job, scheme versatile linemen who I think could end up becoming an excellent LG, similar to what Joe Thuney did after being a T in college.

Adding Carman to the mix, if he were to be there at that point, would be a helluva get. I think his future is on the right side, especially in any wide / outside zone scheme...and we could definitely use help at RG. 

I have no idea where Spencer Brown ends up going, but I honestly can't see him falling past the 4th, at the worst. Of course, I also thought Josh Jones and Andrew Billings would be first rounders, so you never know. I would love for it to happen though. The guy is a monster who just needs some solid coaching and a little patience.

Overall, nice work brother. This draft would knock it the hell out of the park! If our picks unfolded this, adding Chase plus 3 quality o-linemen...I would have to wear loose fitting sweatpants for at least week.  Ninja

Thanks brother. U see the same as me with all the players. The Draft is a crapshoot man we say it every year and it is 
always true, for some reason great players fall. You are just like me Holic, we just want the trenches enforced and to 
get an outside threat at WR. I think this draft does it.

Thanks again Holic. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 05:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I like it. I'm hoping for Sewell but I'm expecting Chase to be the pick. I think we need a back up safety but we have two 6th round picks and one should be available there.

We got Ricardo Allen from the Falcons dude. He is about the best backup Safety you could get.
Reply/Quote
I can't see Spencer Brown still there in round five.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 05:07 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I can't see Spencer Brown still there in round five.
Should of said I traded up into the 4th for him. Will do that now, thanks.

Small school, deep class. Not out of the question and this Mock is still alive with us taking Chase in the first.

Liam in the 2nd please...
Reply/Quote