Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nati#1 Mock Draft
1ST ROUND-WR-CALVIN RIDLEY-ALABAMA

- I believe we could possibly go with a WR here. To me there are no top ranked lineman worthy of a top ten pick. There are good lineman in the 2nd and 3rd. Ridley's route running is quick. He gets separation with his quickness in his routes. He is a great route runner. AJ, Ridley, & Ross could be the best group in the NFL.

2ND ROUND-OG-WILL HERNANDEZ-UTEP

-Hernandez is a tough blocker. He could be a future pro bowler and we should not pass him up in the 2nd in this draft. If he's here.

2ND ROUND-OT/OG/C-ISAIAH WYNN-UGA

-Wynn is a good blocker he is athletic and strong and can move throughout the line. I would make him an offensive tackle.

3RD ROUND-CENTER-FRANK RAGNOW- Ragnow is alright. He would be better than Bodine. He gets up field and picks up his blocks well and for the most part holds up his end.

4TH ROUND-WR-JALEEL SCOTT-NEW MEXICO

-Scott has the body like Aj, and he catches everything thrown his way. He plays the ball well. It seems like he comes down with the ball everytime when its a jump ball. He would be a solid late round pick.

(MCCARRON TRADE ADD 2ND ROUNDER) (4 ROUNDS)
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Please not another WR in the first. If there's not a first round worthy lineman, how about a LB, DT, S, even CB?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
yeah if they take a receiver at 12 in this class with all the problems they have i would smash my TV

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 02:24 PM)McC Wrote: Please not another WR ini the first.  If there's not a first round worthy lineman, how about a LB, DT, S, even CB?

We need a LB, but like an o lineman there is none worthy of a top 10. 

DT there's vita vea I'd like to have, but I don't think it's a pressing need. Billings showed some flashes. 

Safety we do need but I don't think Derwin James is the guy 

We don't need any more CBs.

That's why I choose WR. I think John Ross would be good in the slot, but I think Ridley can be that #2 guy we are looking for. We would have 2 great receivers on the field.
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 06:02 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We need a LB, but like an o lineman there is none worthy of a top 10. 

DT there's vita vea I'd like to have, but I don't think it's a pressing need. Billings showed some flashes. 

That's why I choose WR. I think John Ross would be good in the slot, but I think Ridley can be that #2 guy we are looking for. We would have 2 great receivers on the field.

They are picking 12.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 09:05 PM)Synric Wrote: They are picking 12.

I know, I'm just saying the guys who we could consider ranked around the top 10 are not worthy of a top 10 or even a 1st imo.. quenton Nelson is not better than Will Hernandez. Derwin James isn't worth it..and roquan Smith isn't worth it.
Tiger

Reply/Quote
We should either trade back in the 1st for more picks..or use a pick on Orlando Brown if he ranks that high come draft day. If we don't do either one and Orlando Brown is ranked around the 20s in first then we should take the BPA with our #12 pick. Which is why I chose Ridley..i would take Ridley or take QB Josh Allen from Wyoming.
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 06:02 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We need a LB, but like an o lineman there is none worthy of a top 10. 

Luckily the Bengals aren’t picking in the top 10, they are picking 12. Is there an OL worth taking in the top 15? I would say definitely Nelson plus the first OT will go in top 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm on board with this just switch Ridley with sutton
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 11:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Luckily the Bengals aren’t picking in the top 10, they are picking 12. Is there an OL worth taking in the top 15? I would say definitely Nelson plus the first OT will go in top 15.

Nelson stinks.
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 05:11 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Nelson stinks.

Literally no one agrees with you on this.   Nelson is hands down the best G in this class.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 06:02 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We need a LB, but like an o lineman there is none worthy of a top 10. 

Showed some flashes?  Did you not see how poorly the Bengals defended the run this season?  

It's a bigger need that you might see.  Giving up steady yardage on the ground renders a team's pass rushers useless.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 02:24 PM)McC Wrote: Please not another WR in the first.  If there's not a first round worthy lineman, how about a LB, DT, S, even CB?

I agree 100%

NO MORE WRs in rd #1.
NO MORE
NO MORE
NO MORE
STOP IT ALREADY....!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:22 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I know, I'm just saying the guys who we could consider ranked around the top 10 are not worthy of a top 10 or even a 1st imo.. quenton Nelson is not better than Will Hernandez. Derwin James isn't worth it..and roquan Smith isn't worth it
Nelson is ranked as a top 10 player....
Hernandez is ranked as a 2nd rd player.....
always in the 30's...
James is ranked as a top 15 player....Smith is ranked in the top 20....
your math is way off...
if I had my way at 12 i'd pick #1 Nelson
if he's gone i'd take James....
if they're both gone i'd pick Smith....
or McGlinchey
I like Hernandez but only in rd #2....
& if we're LUCKY enough to get Nelson then in rd # 2 DO NOT PICK Hernandez....
look for a Safety,  LB , OT or BPA
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 10:41 AM)McC Wrote: Literally no one agrees with you on this.   Nelson is hands down the best G in this class.

BINGO....

I just don't understand how so many ppl can dog him........

Nelson will be a pro bowler every year he plays....
might be the #1 best OG in the history of the NFL...

a pure beast....
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 12:02 PM)Steve Wrote: BINGO....

I just don't understand how so many ppl can be so stupid....

Nelson will be a pro bowler every year he plays....
might be the #1 best OG in the history of the NFL...

a pure beast....

Agreed. I don’t think it’s completely off-base to say Hernandez and Nelson might be close, but that doesn’t mean Nelson is overrated. It’s a better narrative to say Hernandez is underrated because he plays in Conference USA and lacks length compared to other guards allegedly. His stock can be boosted though from a strong Senior Bowl and Combine.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 12:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. I don’t think it’s completely off-base to say Hernandez and Nelson might be close, but that doesn’t mean Nelson is overrated. It’s a better narrative to say Hernandez is underrated because he plays in Conference USA and lacks length compared to other guards allegedly. His stock can be boosted though from a strong Senior Bowl and Combine.

^This 

It's fine to have a personal favorite, but no need to pointlessly devalue the higher rated player, in an effort to make your favorite seem better.

Could Hernandez be the gem of the draft?  Sure he could.  But doesn't mean that Nelson doesn't merit being the top rated OG prospect, according to most people that quantify players.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hernandez will get a lot of scrutiny at the combine. I'm curious how he will test strength wise. In the offseason, he trains with World's Strongest Man competitor Mark Philippi.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 02:53 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Hernandez will get a lot of scrutiny at the combine.  I'm curious how he will test strength wise.  In the offseason, he trains with World's Strongest Man competitor Mark Philippi.

There are no actual "strength tests" at the combine.  A light weight like 225 for reps is cake training for any truly strong guy.  I think that they only keep using it because all the gym-bros get all googly eyed at watching men toy with a weight that they aspire to master.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 03:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There are no actual "strength tests" at the combine.  A light weight like 225 for reps is cake training for any truly strong guy.  I think that they only keep using it because all the gym-bros get all googly eyed at watching men toy with a weight that they aspire to master.

The bench press probably is the most relatable test for common football fans. It asks each prospect to bench 225 pounds to FAILURE, meaning they’re looking to finish with as many reps as possible.
An obvious test of strength, it gives teams a baseline to compare power and, in some cases, experienced strength training. Some NFL teams prefer to test pure strength at prospects' other, individual workouts, and for a long time, some have advocated for the inclusion of squats as a part of strength testing.
ESPECIALLY important for offensive and defensive linemen, the bench press can be a testament to ENDURANCE. Benching 225 pounds 15 or 20 times is expected for a lineman, but his getting into the 30s can be indicative of TRANSLATABLE STRENGTH that could lead to EARLY contributions.

Just curious of your interpretation of this...and yes..i know you practice this field in particular
Reply/Quote