Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nati#1 Mock Draft
(01-07-2018, 03:54 PM)Goalpost Wrote: The bench press probably is the most relatable test for common football fans. It asks each prospect to bench 225 pounds to FAILURE, meaning they’re looking to finish with as many reps as possible.
An obvious test of strength, it gives teams a baseline to compare power and, in some cases, experienced strength training. Some NFL teams prefer to test pure strength at prospects' other, individual workouts, and for a long time, some have advocated for the inclusion of squats as a part of strength testing.
ESPECIALLY important for offensive and defensive linemen, the bench press can be a testament to ENDURANCE. Benching 225 pounds 15 or 20 times is expected for a lineman, but his getting into the 30s can be indicative of TRANSLATABLE STRENGTH that could lead to EARLY contributions.

Just curious of your interpretation of this...and yes..i know you practice this field in particular

Yep, it certainly was a good measurable with Russell Bodine.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't know how many times I seen Nelson fall down clumsily. And get bull rushed backwards. I don't care what these analyst have these guys ranked. That's why you see so many draft busts.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Quenton Nelson is powerful and holds his blocks, but when guys get to the side of him they can get leverage on him. He also moves clumsy and is not very athletic. He can hold up his blocks though. I'd possibly use our #12 pick on him in case Hernandez isn't there in the 2nd.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
A WR at #12 makes no sense, especially since there is no "stud" in the class. Too may other needs. Would rather have a OL of any kind at with our first round or a play maker at safety.

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:25 PM)TheWhoDeyKid Wrote: A WR at #12 makes no sense, especially since there is no "stud" in the class.  Too may other needs. Would rather have a OL of any kind at with our first round or a play maker at safety.
While I agree with we shouldn't take one at 12, there are 2 "studs" in this class. One had my highest wr grade since the aj Julio draft in courtland Sutton out of smu. And his player comp is aj green.  And the second is Anthony Miller  out of Memphis whose player comp is Keenan Allen.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 11:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Showed some flashes?  Did you not see how poorly the Bengals defended the run this season?  

It's a bigger need that you might see.  Giving up steady yardage on the ground renders a team's pass rushers useless.

And I come from the school of "You need to be GREAT at something".  The Bengals are great at nothing.  They could have a great defensive line if they got Vea to start at NT next to Gio, with Billings rotating in at NT on some passing downs.  They need to move MJ to just a rotational tackle as well, he is useless as a RDE.  That should be Lawson and Willis/Smith and the LDE spot should be Dunlap with a rotation of Willis/Smith.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote