Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Championship
I am rooting for a very high scoring game in the National Championship tonight.

Hopefully Justin Fields plays well as does Waddle, Devonta Smith & Alex Leatherwood.

After tonight I want teams willing to trade up to get any of those players.

If we do not sign good OL Free Agents I would love to land Sewell in the first and Eichenberg in the second.

Hopefully it is a great game with no injuries.
Reply/Quote
I am rooting for a high scoring game from Ohio State, but a goose egg from Alabama...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who will Surtain be going against, Olave?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 08:07 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I am rooting for a very high scoring game in the National Championship tonight.

Hopefully Justin Fields plays well as does Waddle, Devonta Smith & Alex Leatherwood.

If we do not sign good OL Free Agents I would love to land Sewell in the first and Eichenberg in the second.

Waddle just playing will help his stock. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 08:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who will Surtain be going against, Olave?

I hope so that would be a great gauge of both players.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 08:07 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I am rooting for a very high scoring game in the National Championship tonight.

I think the only player that would be in a trade up discussion in front of us would be Fields, maybe Smith.  

Leatherwood and Waddle are more 10-20 guys
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Waddle just playing will help his stock. 

I agree, but only if he plays well and looks better than Smith and Olave.

I think the overlooked guy is Mac Jones. A great performance against a very good OSU defense could land him in the top 5 of the draft, not likely, but at a minimum solidify the Steelers taking him in round #1 (just an opinion if he is around, they would grab him). 

I don't see them paying Ben 42 million in 2021. Also, just watching Ben after game sitting on the bench, he had look of a guy retiring.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 09:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think the only player that would be in a trade up discussion in front of us would be Fields, maybe Smith.  

Leatherwood and Waddle are more 10-20 guys

Could the OL from OSU jump up boards if he has a great game against Bama DL? I say no, but maybe top 10 to 15.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 09:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Could the OL from OSU jump up boards if he has a great game against Bama DL? I say no, but maybe top 10 to 15.

As a guard, I wouldn't think he would crack the top 10, but you never know
Reply/Quote
Draftable players ranked in this years draft...Alabama 13, Ohio State 17.

Draftable players ranked in the top 30.....Alabama 6, Ohio State 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Draftable players ranked in this years draft...Alabama 13, Ohio State 17.

Draftable players ranked in the top 30.....Alabama 6, Ohio State 2.

That OSU CB might be able to work his way into the 1st round. If he can do anything with Smith. Of course it could also hurt his stock if Smith is Smith.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is has been moving up the board all year with hi incredible senior year. I would say he is top 15 player depending on this game and combines top 10.

Overall? 

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m not seeing that anywhere. I found a lot of “he’s a sleeper” and “could sneak into the 2nd round”

Are we talking about the same guy? #65 LG for Alabama.

My fault misread it..
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m not seeing that anywhere. I found a lot of “he’s a sleeper” and “could sneak into the 2nd round”

Are we talking about the same guy? #65 RG for Alabama.

Yeah, I’ve seen some 2nd round projections. Top 10-15 is cuckoo.

Reply/Quote
You can sign me up for Smith, I am normally not a WR high type of guy but he is just so freaking good.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can sign me up for Smith, I am normally not a WR high type of guy but he is just so freaking good.

And Zac like high character guys. You don't get any better than Smith. WTS, I think Miami will want to reunite him with Tua. 

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And Zac like high character guys. You don't get any better than Smith. WTS, I think Miami will want to reunite him with Tua. 

Probably, but that would probably bode well for us then. Potential QB to trade out of the pick with or a guy like Sewell if FA doesn’t come together.

...I would love to put him with Joe though.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Goodness, Deonte Brown is a land mover. Has he been discussed around here as a 2-3 round option for us?

Brown is a mauler but he's not the guy your gonna ask to make blocks in space pulling or on screens. Would like to see if he could handle a few reach blocks but that's not Alabama's offense lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Welp that Bama defender is gone

Reply/Quote
Textbook target.
Reply/Quote