Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Guard was ordered to sleep in garage..
Way to stay classy, Democrat Party! Nothing says "Thanks for protecting our ceremony from the evil Trump followers" quite like, "Now, go sleep in the garage. We don't need you anymore.".

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/22/us/national-guard-parking-garage.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bel and I were just discussing this here.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Storming-Of-The-Capitol-Building?page=19
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Way to stay classy, Democrat Party!  Nothing says "Thanks for protecting our ceremony from the evil Trump followers" quite like, "Now, go sleep in the garage.  We don't need you anymore.".

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/22/us/national-guard-parking-garage.html

Why are those guys there ?

I've heard a republican president tried a coup by hanging his VP and killing senators ?

If he had accepted the results, those guys would have been in bed.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
They should have stormed that hotel Trump owns in DC and put them there.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 03:25 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Why are those guys there ?

I've heard a republican president tried a coup by hanging his VP and killing senators ?

Thank you!  I'd triple rep you if I could man!   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

As I said in the other thread, for the exact same reason that every business in a major city boarded up on election day, just for a different group of assholes.
Reply/Quote
Terribly pathetic decision, and whoever is responsible should be condemned by all. Not sure how this falls on just Democrats given what information is out there, but, again, I wish I saw a response like this for the attack that caused them to even be there or the politicians who encouraged the mob that attacked...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 04:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As I said in the other thread, for the exact same reason that every business in a major city boarded up on election day, just for a different group of assholes.

Oh OK. Just business as usual.

Mainstream medias did exagerate it on the world scale because I don't remember DC in a state alert siege at every meeting.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Garbage leaders gonna garbage.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 05:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Garbage leaders gonna garbage.

Turning on Biden already?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 05:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Turning on Biden already?  Ninja

Was never in Biden's corner.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 03:19 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: They're soldiers.  I'm sure they've slept in worse conditions.  Where in the hell were they supposed to put 25,000 troops?

"Come on man."

Hate this response with a passion.

Cop out response. So much hatred for Trump you can't call out the Dems?

(01-22-2021, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They should have stormed that hotel Trump owns in DC and put them there.

He would have put them up in a minute, and they would have been eating $12 pints of ice cream! Treating the defenders of this country like garbage is NOT respectable in any fashion regardless of your political affiliation.

(01-22-2021, 04:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As I said in the other thread, for the exact same reason that every business in a major city boarded up on election day, just for a different group of assholes.

Cool Very true. 

(01-22-2021, 05:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Garbage leaders gonna garbage.

Funny you say that (and I did read your response that you wasn't in Biden's corner and this is not a personal hit on you BPK). I was listening to 700WLW today and Willie was pretty pissed off about the troops sleeping in garages. He said this was nothing but a photo op for Nancy and I tend to agree with him. Let them sleep in the capitol building until your done, then discard them like peasants. That's not leadership. That's bullshit. Geez, seems like a rerun of Game of Thrones.

Hopefully, most of you will hold Biden and the Dems to the same standards you did Trump for the last 4yrs. Trust me, they will give you many chances to voice up. 

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 10:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He would have put them up in a minute, and they would have been eating $12 pints of ice cream! Treating the defenders of this country like garbage is NOT respectable in any fashion regardless of your political affiliation.

I never said it was respectable, but I guess Trump doesn't really owe the NG anything since he's given them so much work lately.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 10:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I never said it was respectable, but I guess Trump doesn't really owe the NG anything since he's given them so much work lately.

You didn't say it was disrespectable either.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 10:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You didn't say it was disrespectable either.

So then you should have assumed I was completely neutral instead of condoning it.  I am pretty neutral on this, actually.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 10:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So then you should have assumed I was completely neutral instead of condoning it.  I am pretty neutral on this, actually.  

Yeah, we all strive to be "neutral", until it's a matter that matters..  Remember that phony article that claimed Trump called the Military Servicemen "losers and suckers"?  The actions of the current party in charge demonstrate that remark well, far beyond anything that the previous administration could have.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 10:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, we all strive to be "neutral", until it's a matter that matters..  Remember that phony article that claimed Trump called the Military Servicemen "losers and suckers"?  The actions of the current party in charge demonstrate that remark well, far beyond anything that the previous administration could have.

I don't really care what Trump has said and/or has allegedly said about the military.  My interest in stuff like this is how people react when information they see disagrees with their views and predispositions.  I consider the government to be rather incompetent and I consider Trump to be an elitist jerk, so both sides of this coin just fuel my desire to consider myself correct.

I'll admit I'm a biased dummy myself, but the amount of pearl-clutching voters of all colors do for the vague concept of "the military" verges on incel-style white knighting.
Reply/Quote
So now that we’ve had almost an entire day of people getting mad and arguing and blaming about this situation, we now have the truth from the commanding officer.

“ "It makes no sense and quite frankly could not be farther from the truth," Maj. Gen. Gary Keefe, the Adjutant General of the Massachusetts National Guard said in a statement.

"The relocation of National Guardsmen within the U.S. Capitol building grounds has nothing to do with Congressman Keating reminding a soldier of the requirement to wear their mask," the general wrote.

The statement explains that Capitol building officials asked the Guardsmen to move their break area to a garage because the Senate was in session.”

“Keefe also said that photos of the Guardsmen in the garage have been taken out of context.

"What the stories failed to mention was that they were on a break, resting between shifts," Keefe said in his statement. "At the end of the duty day, soldiers returned to their hotel rooms."”

https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/massachusetts-national-guard-sets-straight-story-about-why-guardsmen-were-in-us-capitol-parking-garage/35293936
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: So now that we’ve had almost an entire day of people getting mad and arguing and blaming about this situation, we now have the truth from the commanding officer.

“ "It makes no sense and quite frankly could not be farther from the truth," Maj. Gen. Gary Keefe, the Adjutant General of the Massachusetts National Guard said in a statement.

"The relocation of National Guardsmen within the U.S. Capitol building grounds has nothing to do with Congressman Keating reminding a soldier of the requirement to wear their mask," the general wrote.

The statement explains that Capitol building officials asked the Guardsmen to move their break area to a garage because the Senate was in session.”

“Keefe also said that photos of the Guardsmen in the garage have been taken out of context.

"What the stories failed to mention was that they were on a break, resting between shifts," Keefe said in his statement. "At the end of the duty day, soldiers returned to their hotel rooms."”

https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/massachusetts-national-guard-sets-straight-story-about-why-guardsmen-were-in-us-capitol-parking-garage/35293936

Does this mean Biden and his wife issued apologies and cookies based upon fake news?  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does this mean Biden and his wife issued apologies and cookies based upon fake news?  

It’s all optics when it comes to politics. I doubt either took the time to find out if they thought they could get a good photo op out of it.
Reply/Quote