Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Guard was ordered to sleep in garage..
(01-22-2021, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit I'm a biased dummy myself, but the amount of pearl-clutching voters of all colors do for the vague concept of "the military" verges on incel-style white knighting.

Hmm, "the military" isn't all that vague of a concept.  They are a multi faceted force comprised of (mostly) American citizens, for the sole purpose of defending the United States.  

The fact that the military was deployed to defend the inauguration just seems hypocritical to me.  Why deploy them to defend the ceremony for the winner of a sketchy election, but not for when American cities were being sacked, looted, and burned all Summer long?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, "the military" isn't all that vague of a concept.  They are a multi faceted force comprised of (mostly) American citizens, for the sole purpose of defending the United States.  

The fact that the military was deployed to defend the inauguration just seems hypocritical to me.  Why deploy them to defend the ceremony for the winner of a sketchy election, but not for when American cities were being sacked, looted, and burned all Summer long?

The election wasn't sketchy. That's a false narrative the losers pushed because they couldn't handle losing.

The National Guard was deployed in 23 states and DC within a week of George Floyd's death. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, "the military" isn't all that vague of a concept.  They are a multi faceted force comprised of (mostly) American citizens, for the sole purpose of defending the United States.  

1) State governors are responsible for deploying the Guard in their states. They tend to rely on state and local police first.

2) The U.S military (Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy, Space Force) cannot be deployed within the country except during insurrection or rebellion.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The election wasn't sketchy. That's a false narrative 
Really?  Then why are legislatures in at least two States still demanding a full and complete audit of the election?  There has been a ton of evidence gathered, that just hasn't seen it's day in court.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Like I said, we all get the chance to use the military's strife to prop up our favorite politicians and castigate our least favorite politicians.  These guys may or may not have had to sleep in a garage and we can all use that fact (or non fact, the jury is out I guess) to prove our guy is better than the other guy. 

Was the 2020 election sketchy?  Did Trump call people in the military losers?  Questions abound. 
Reply/Quote
I’m ready to impeach Biden. I haven’t seen anything saying he is responsible for this. But that doesn’t matter.

And asking National Guardsman to take their breaks in a garage. My god this is easily the worst thing I have heard over the last four years.

I can’t imagine the outrage some of y’all would have when you learn of some of the actually difficult stuff members of the military have to deal with. I promise you it gets way worse than having to take a break in a parking garage
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  Then why are legislatures in at least two States still demanding a full and complete audit of the election?  There has been a ton of evidence gathered, that just hasn't seen it's day in court.  

Unless CA and NY are going red I'd say Trump was right to head back to Florida. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Like I said, we all get the chance to use the military's strife to prop up our favorite politicians and castigate our least favorite politicians.  These guys may or may not have had to sleep in a garage and we can all use that fact (or non fact, the jury is out I guess) to prove our guy is better than the other guy. 

Was the 2020 election sketchy?  Did Trump call people in the military losers?  Questions abound. 

The New York Times printed it, there is video/pictures of them in the parking garage.  What "jury" is still out on that fact that it happened?  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  Then why are legislatures in at least two States still demanding a full and complete audit of the election?  There has been a ton of evidence gathered, that just hasn't seen it's day in court.  

because Republican state legislators cannot admit defeat? 

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The New York Times printed it, there is video/pictures of them in the parking garage.  What "jury" is still out on that fact that it happened?  

There is conflicting information in another article.  At any rate, my main point is sound because this thread has turned into a general debate on Trump being a bag of crap and Biden being an election-stealer.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The election wasn't sketchy. That's a false narrative the losers pushed because they couldn't handle losing.

...which were the same people that accused democrats of not being able to accept Hillary's loss.

Speaking of projection: Those that now demand liberals to call out Biden were the same people that never called out Trump for anything. These complaints read like "shame on you for not being better than I would be in your shoes".
Reply/Quote
I'm out of here. No more P&R for me. Bad for the blood pressure. Now where's my medication I referred to in the thread "New Topic"? I need some RIGHT NOW! Lol
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:04 AM)hollodero Wrote: ...which were the same people that accused democrats of not being able to accept Hillary's loss.

Speaking of projection: Those that now demand liberals to call out Biden were the same people that never called out Trump for anything. These complaints read like "shame on you for not being better than I would be in your shoes".

Don't worry, we will be. 

Reply/Quote

Because the Republicans went all in on Trump and lost, and now there are a great many in the state houses trying to make a show of things to appease the voting bloc. The evidence isn't there. Every bit of evidence that has shown up in court has been dismissed because it was faulty. Do you really think it makes sense that the next thing they pull out will be any different? You're consuming media that is feeding you what you want to hear and it's intended to rile you up. It isn't factual. You've espoused so many conspiracy theories on here and repeated false claims on a regular basis that it is clear you are stuck in that cycle of disinformation.

At this point, I just feel sorry for you.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:04 AM)hollodero Wrote: ...which were the same people that accused democrats of not being able to accept Hillary's loss.

Those guys are flat out fantastic ! 

Native genocide ... Meh 
200 years of slavery ? Time to get over it Bro' ! 
Attempt to lynch a VP and some of the representatives with a bunch of weirdos fueled with 4 years of hate ? Ever heard of the word 'Unity', these were just worried patriots !!!

Having people silently kneeling during an athemn because your own police is killing your people ? You have damn pushed the line too far Mother F****** .

This is nuts as an observer.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m ready to impeach Biden. I haven’t seen anything saying he is responsible for this. But that doesn’t matter.

And asking National Guardsman to take their breaks in a garage. My god this is easily the worst thing I have heard over the last four years.

I can’t imagine the outrage some of y’all would have when you learn of some of the actually difficult stuff members of the military have to deal with. I promise you it gets way worse than having to take a break in a parking garage

I certainly don't want to make light if they any were being truly abused, but a guy I went to high school with, ex military, posted this last night:

[Image: 141921140_113177290702047_27798949474802...e=6032BB75]

But I'm sure all the Republicans that supported the Iraqi invasion are really concerned today. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote