Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Pizza Day
Being that’s its National pizza day, this thread is created for all things related to pizza. How do you like your pie? Chicago style? New York? What’s your favorite toppings? Anything unusual? How about frozen? Does Cincinnati have any good places to go?
One of my new favorite pizzas has been chicken bacon ranch but it has to be on a thin crust. I love Chicago style, but only with your simple toppings on it. Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms etc. One of my favorite things is eating my frozen pizzas with ranch dressing.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
"I want pizza Steve."
[Image: multiplicity.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Shout out to Venero's, our locally owned, family run joint. Best stuff in town.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If anyone ever comes thru Iowa on I-80, you have to stop by Zipps pizzeria in Adair. It’s the best pizza in the state. Seriously, it’s won awards before. It’s a small Mom n Pop, locally owned place.
Another good place is in Des Moines called Felix and Oscars, or FnO’s to the locals. It’s really good Chicago style ‘za.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I’ve lived all over this great nation and tried all kinds of pizza, including NY and Chicago’s finest and I’d put Dayton pizza up against them any day. Cassano’s and Marion’s FTW.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 11:19 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’ve lived all over this great nation and tried all kinds of pizza, including NY and Chicago’s finest and I’d put Dayton pizza up against them any day. Cassano’s and Marion’s FTW.

Hmm, If I'm going to make a back home reference, it's going to be Rigali's Pizza in Lima Oh.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Best pizza I ever had

Slice of white bread topped with ketchup, chopped vienna sausages, and a slice of processed american cheese food. It may not sound that great but the secret is in the way you prepare it.

Spread ketchup on bread.
Chop vienna sausages and spred on ketchup.
Remove plastic wrap from cheese food and place on top.
Place pizza on top rack of oven and turn on broiler.
Do ten bong hits of AK-47 Haze.
Remove pizza from oven and eat.
Reply/Quote
No shortage of good pizza in Louisville with Wicks, Clifton's, and even Bearno's being my main go to places

But there are so many great ones that always trying something new. Next one I want to try is Lou Lou's chicago style pie.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 11:19 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’ve lived all over this great nation and tried all kinds of pizza, including NY and Chicago’s finest and I’d put Dayton pizza up against them any day. Cassano’s and Marion’s FTW.

I ate Cassano’s once and loved it. I had a really interesting pizza in Spain once that came with a large sunny side up egg in the center. Very delicious. The best pizza I’ve ever had, I cannot get any longer because it came from a local joint in which the owners retired.

I like Godfathers pizza but not sure if I like it or the pitcher of beer I order with it? There is a very delicious pizza about 30 miles south of me in New Paris, OH at a restaurant/tavern called “Red Front Inn.” Again not only is the pizza delicious, the beer is the coldest I have found.

We eat a lot of frozen pizzas because we don’t have a lot of time during the week to make supper. Out of all the brands we have tried, Red Baron’s original crust outshines them all.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Best pizza I ever had

Slice of white bread topped with ketchup, chopped vienna sausages, and a slice of processed american cheese food. It may not sound that great but the secret is in the way you prepare it.

Spread ketchup on bread.

Sounds delish.

The ten bong hits of AK-47Haze. Not the pizza.

Reply/Quote

Slice of white bread topped with ketchup, chopped vienna sausages, and a slice of processed american cheese food.  It may not sound that great but the secret is in the way you prepare it.

Spread ketchup on bread.

I'd have a burnt pizza because I'd forget to take it out.   Say What
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif?resize=480%2C360&ssl=1]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 09:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I ate Cassano’s once and loved it. I had a really interesting pizza in Spain once that came with a large sunny side up egg in the center. Very delicious. The best pizza I’ve ever had, I cannot get any longer because it came from a local joint in which the owners retired.

I like Godfathers pizza but not sure if I like it or the pitcher of beer I order with it? There is a very delicious pizza about 30 miles south of me in New Paris, OH at a restaurant/tavern called “Red Front Inn.” Again not only is the pizza delicious, the beer is the coldest I have found.

We eat a lot of frozen pizzas because we don’t have a lot of time during the week to make supper. Out of all the brands we have tried, Red Baron’s original crust outshines them all.

Its decent, but it’s the pitcher. Hell I used to go to BWW weekly and choke down their mediocre at best wings thinking they were great not realizing it was actually their delicious tall beers that kept me coming back.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 12:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Its decent, but it’s the pitcher. Hell I used to go to BWW weekly and choke down their mediocre at best wings thinking they were great not realizing it was actually their delicious tall beers that kept me coming back.

Agreed on both bolded.  Back in the day, when they were actually affordable, they were a fun place to watch a game while getting buzzed on suds.  I'm talking 25-30 years ago, when most of their stores were low profile and offered 10 cent wing nite.

Since then, they have just simply priced themselves out of my rotation.  Wife and I can usually get as much, or even more satisfaction from a dumpy corner bar, at 1/4 the price.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed on both bolded.  Back in the day, when they were actually affordable, they were a fun place to watch a game while getting buzzed on suds.  I'm talking 25-30 years ago, when most of their stores were low profile and offered 10 cent wing nite.

Since then, they have just simply priced themselves out of my rotation.  Wife and I can usually get as much, or even more satisfaction from a dumpy corner bar, at 1/4 the price.

I've are at BWW a few times and each time it was blah. Each time I left feeling blah!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I've are at BWW a few times and each time it was blah. Each time I left feeling blah!

Last time I went, I took my folks for my Dad's birthday about 10 years ago.  3 modest lunches and a few rounds set me back about $100.  Haven't went back since. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There was a hole in the wall pizza place up on OSUs campus back in the 90s, near Chittendan Ave for anyone that went there. And they had a buffalo chicken pizza with cheddar cheese for the cheese. I used to order that so many times after some smoke down sessions, and always had to have ranch with it to dip it in. I probably wouldnt care for it much today, but back then was awesome.

(02-10-2018, 12:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Its decent, but it’s the pitcher. Hell I used to go to BWW weekly and choke down their mediocre at best wings thinking they were great not realizing it was actually their delicious tall beers that kept me coming back.

(02-10-2018, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed on both bolded.  Back in the day, when they were actually affordable, they were a fun place to watch a game while getting buzzed on suds.  I'm talking 25-30 years ago, when most of their stores were low profile and offered 10 cent wing nite.

I used to love BW3s way way back in the day, like in the late 80s and early 90s before wings made it popular. Even in the mid-90s up on campus they were pretty cheap, especially Tuesday wing nights, and Wednesday leg night. Throw in the buffalo chips and cheese, loved it.

Nowadays though for wings and buffalo chips from them, I have to spend about $20 to get full from. Maybe more depending how hungry I am. Their wings are just so small.

However, I still think their sauces are better than most places out there. Wings may not be good, but sauce is still tops.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
They also claim to be a sports bar. While they do have TVs with games on everywhere, every single one I’ve been to blares pop music instead of having the volume up for whatever the main game is.

Anyhoo. LaRosa’s at Kings Island, amirite? Good there and only there. The chains are not great.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:24 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They also claim to be a sports bar. While they do have TVs with games on everywhere, every single one I’ve been to blares pop music instead of having the volume up for whatever the main game is.

Anyhoo. LaRosa’s at Kings Island, amirite? Good there and only there. The chains are not great.

I think I had that about 20yrs ago. HEHE

Reply/Quote
In Columbus area.

Pizza Cottage
Giordano's (Chicago style)
Mod Pizza (thin crust style)
Bexley Pizza Plus
Mellow Mushroom (had good and bad food here)

Any recommendations from peeps in the C-bus vicinity?

I've heard good things about but have not tried:

Harvest
Bono
Dewey's
Little Italy

I agree with what was said about Cassano's. Love their salty cornmeal dusted crust.
Marion's was also great pizza from the Dayton area.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote