Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Rugby League
For those that are looking for live sport at the moment, the National Rugby League (NRL) from Australia starts back tomorrow night Australian time. This is a faster version of Rugby that has similarities to American Football. If you are interested the games can be watched at https://www.watchnrl.com/

A couple of clips

Reply/Quote
I enjoy watching Rugby, seems like I usually stumble onto the 7s leagues each Summer on American TV.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2020, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I enjoy watching Rugby, seems like I usually stumble onto the 7s leagues each Summer on American TV.

Rugby League is a much faster and explosive variation of Rugby. It is actually a different sport that evolved from Rugby, not a bad little video explaining the differences though a little England centric and the premier Rugby League competition is in Australia. I'd Argue that the National Rugby League is the best competition of either Rugby code anywhere in the world.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2020, 08:12 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Rugby League is a much faster and explosive variation of Rugby. It is actually a different sport that evolved from Rugby, not a bad little video explaining the differences though a little England centric and the premier Rugby League competition is in Australia. I'd Argue that the National Rugby League is the best competition of either Rugby code anywhere in the world.

Seems like the original Rugby Union is the one that stayed true to the origins of the sport.  If Rugby had been an option when I was a schoolboy, I may have chosen it over American football.  I love the mutual respect, and the bravery of playing with no pads aspect of the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2020, 09:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like the original Rugby Union is the one that stayed true to the origins of the sport.  If Rugby had been an option when I was a schoolboy, I may have chosen it over American football.  I love the mutual respect, and the bravery of playing with no pads aspect of the game.

Yeah it did, that was pretty much the point of Rugby League, it is an evolving sport. Even with kickoff tonight on the restarted 2020 season there are a number of new rules introduced designed to make the game faster and more freeflowing. I played both Rugby Union and Rugby League and enjoyed Rugby League a lot more, I think a lot of American Football fans would like Rugby League if given a chance to see it. If you are interested in watching a game, this is considered one of the best games of Rugby League the 2015 Grand Final (our Superbowl)

Reply/Quote