Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Tight Ends Day...
(10-23-2022, 10:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The Bengals offense was clicking more in the first 6 games ;last year imo too.

Hurst allowed some cap flexibility to help add FA OL as well which is a good thing.

Don't know and off to work but what are both of their stats currently this season ?

Is Hurst comparable to what CJ is doing in NY, worse, or better ?

Guessing close.

Am happy with Hurst so far and expect more from him as he develops more chemistry with Joe as well.

Not close:

CJ   6 games, 5 starts, 6 catches, 39 yards, 0 TD. (CJ isn't even TE1 with the Jets)

Hurst   7 games,  7 starts, 29 catches, 226 yards, 2 TD

Reply/Quote
I like our new TE. I don’t even care about the comparisons to Uzomah. Hurst is the Bengal, he’s doing a damn fine job, and he seems to be enjoying the stripes. Bring him back!
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if that fake under-center play to throw off the D with Hurst is a precursor to an actual future play?

If he was a pitcher maybe he can actually throw a pass...

Hopefully nothing cute in a short down situation.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Keep Hurst as long as he can stay healthy and draft a better TE than what's left on the roster. Let Sample walk.

I do like the Gronk idea for later in the season.

Especially if we lose a TE or one of our WRs to injury.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not close:

CJ   6 games, 5 starts, 6 catches, 39 yards, 0 TD. (CJ isn't even TE1 with the Jets)

Hurst   7 games,  7 starts, 29 catches, 226 yards, 2 TD

Hurst has already been given two game balls by Zac as well. 

Wow, 5 starts and 39 yards with no TD's.

Looks like CJ rode Burrow's coat tail to that sweet contract. 

Good for him though, not hating on him for cashing in. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 12:06 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I wonder if that fake under-center play to throw off the D with Hurst is a precursor to an actual future play?

If he was a pitcher maybe he can actually throw a pass...

Hopefully nothing cute in a short down situation.

Good point and he probably actually can, but hope he does not throw it 95 MPH like this fastball. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 06:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we win a few more and the offense is rolling...I'd try to sign Gronk. That might be the edge this team needs to get over the top.

He said he would love to play with Burrow. I doubt he comes back cause he said he is tired of getting hit all the time.

Anyways, Hayden had a good game against the Falcons on NTED. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Loved the Hurst cadence at center to get the offsides call. That was awesome. I'm sure the change in voice threw them off.

Plus we could set up a 'fake' Philly Special and have Hurst hand it off while Burrow goes down the line and trots to the end zone while the ball actually is given to Mixon. Eh?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 06:30 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Loved the Hurst cadence at center to get the offsides call.  That was awesome.  I'm sure the change in voice threw them off.

Plus we could set up a 'fake' Philly Special and have Hurst hand it off while Burrow goes down the line and trots to the end zone while the ball actually is given to Mixon.  Eh?

Wonder what play would have been run if snapped or was it just to try and draw them offsides ? 

Think they will run it again later in the season and maybe we find out. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 06:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wonder what play would have been run if snapped or was it just to try and draw them offsides ? 

Think they will run it again later in the season and maybe we find out. 

That specific play was a hard count to try and get them to jump, to gain the first and run the clock out.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 07:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That specific play was a hard count to try and get them to jump, to gain the first and run the clock out.

Well played 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 06:30 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Loved the Hurst cadence at center to get the offsides call.  That was awesome.  I'm sure the change in voice threw them off.

Plus we could set up a 'fake' Philly Special and have Hurst hand it off while Burrow goes down the line and trots to the end zone while the ball actually is given to Mixon.  Eh?

Was definitely a cool new wrinkle. Bet Hurst can pass the ball pretty well too being a former pitcher.
Reply/Quote
I like Hurst, he's had some nice first down catches and runs hard after the catch. He's projecting to have a good season comsidering hes the 4tg option. 70 rec, 549 yards, 5 tds. Wonder what he'd cost to retain maybe over a 2-3 year contract
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:36 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I like Hurst, he's had some nice first down catches and runs hard after the catch. He's projecting to have a good season comsidering hes the 4tg option. 70 rec, 549 yards, 5 tds. Wonder what he'd cost to retain maybe over a 2-3 year contract

If he has anything close to those numbers, it shouldn't break the bank. I think he will get better as the season goes on and 
should have at least one big game where he gets a ton of yards cause one of our top weapons go down. It is inevitable that
one of the top Receivers goes down, just the way it is. Probably Tee who gets banged up a lot.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If he has anything close to those numbers, it shouldn't break the bank. I think he will get better as the season goes on and 
should have at least one big game where he gets a ton of yards cause one of our top weapons go down. It is inevitable that
one of the top Receivers goes down, just the way it is. Probably Tee who gets banged up a lot.

Well he'll definitely be a lot more involved now I'd guess. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:31 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Well he'll definitely be a lot more involved now I'd guess. 

Yeah, I post that and look what happens...

WTF? lol
Reply/Quote