Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
National Vote By Mail Day - register for your ballot

Now is a good time to register with your state to receive a mail-in ballot. They're safe and maintain election integrity. More mail-in ballots means smaller lines and less crowding (spreading of Covid) at the polls.

My governor is refusing to send mail-in ballots out, only the request forms to ask for one. He is requiring all polling places be open as normal, including multiple full day early voting sites per county for a week before the election.

More locations and failing to give everyone mail in ballots will lead to understaffed locations with longer lines. Get your ballot to help reduce those issues.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the info brother, just printed off the request form and will send it to my board of elections tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
I vote in person. I'm hardcore like that. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 03:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I vote in person.  I'm hardcore like that.  LOL

I have voted in person for every election since I was 18. I'm 48 now and taking care of my 86 year old mom with dementia, bad heart, and diabetes ; I'm going to " wimp out" and mail it in this time because of the virus. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 03:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I vote in person.  I'm hardcore like that.  LOL

(07-28-2020, 03:39 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I have voted in person for every election since I was 18. I'm 48 now and taking care of my 86 year old mom with dementia, bad heart, and diabetes ; I'm going to " wimp out" and mail it in this time because of the virus. Cool

I've always voted in person.  In fact took my son in the primaries because it was his first time.  I'll probably do the same in November too but it's a rural location so it won't be too bad.  And we will be wearing our masks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

I'm 600 feet from my polling place, but I'm still gonna mail mine in. No need to risk it. 

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 03:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm 600 feet from my polling place, but I'm still gonna mail mine in. No need to risk it. 

This. 

Also saves time. 
Reply/Quote
Going to go ahead and point out the massive voter fraud. At least I think, I'm pretty sure. Just going by what prez says, or is calling for.
Reply/Quote
I've voted by mail a couple of times, but it is usually because I work full-time and take classes which means finding time to get to the polls is difficult. My work day on these days has been 12+ hours because of classes and such, so I qualified for an absentee ballot. This year we have no excuse early voting and I plan to take advantage of it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
My polling station is a four minute drive away, but I plan to early vote by mail this year. Already requested it a few weeks ago and waiting to hear confirmation.
Reply/Quote
White Nationalist Stephen Miller went onto Fox today to spread lies about mail in voting

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/mail-voting-verification-stephen-miller-fact-check/index.html

He claimed "Nobody who mails in a ballot has their identity confirmed. Nobody checks to see if they're even a US citizen. Think about that." He also said that the House HEROES Act bars voter identification.

He also violate the Hatch Act during the interview by criticizing Joe Biden

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510114-watchdog-group-accuses-stephen-miller-of-violating-hatch-act-over

Reply/Quote

I'd prefer to, but we have like 1 location here in Lexington.  F that.  I'm used to going to the church down the street and being in and out in 4 minutes.  I ain't standing in line at Kroger Field for lord knows how long.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 11:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: White Nationalist Stephen Miller went onto Fox today to spread lies about mail in voting

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/mail-voting-verification-stephen-miller-fact-check/index.html

He claimed "Nobody who mails in a ballot has their identity confirmed. Nobody checks to see if they're even a US citizen. Think about that." He also said that the House HEROES Act bars voter identification.

He also violate the Hatch Act during the interview by criticizing Joe Biden

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510114-watchdog-group-accuses-stephen-miller-of-violating-hatch-act-over

And he will get away with his lies because lying has become the bread and butter of the GOP.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I’m voting by mail this year. If for no other reason just to piss off my republican friends who say, if we can stand in line at Walmart, we can stand in line to vote!

Lol!!!!!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: And he will get away with his lies because lying has become the bread and butter of the GOP.

and speaking on the Hatch Act violation, the Office of Special Counsel can't really do anything beyond recommend that repeated offenders be fired, which they won't be because Trump wants them to keep doing it. 

Reply/Quote
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510484-trump-in-reversal-encourages-vote-by-mail-in-florida?fbclid=IwAR37tVGZZGI58K6q_50WT_qRiETv-HmrmS45vPFZ-Xy4YGcXPkuTb68IIFo

Mail in voting in Florida is now super good because the GOP stopped the Democrats from making it corrupt...

Reply/Quote