Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nationas hire Dusty Baker as manager
1,671-1,504 in 20 seasons a manager

Led the Giants to the 2002 World Series, which they lost to the Angels.

Led the Reds to 2 NL Central Division titles.

Led the Cubs to the 2003 NLCS.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:28 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: 1,671-1,504 in 20 seasons a manager

Led the Giants to the 2002 World Series, which they lost to the Angels.

Led the Reds to 2 NL Central Division titles.

Led the Cubs to the 2003 NLCS.

They're doomed.  Why do people keep hiring this guy?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:24 PM)McC Wrote: They're doomed.  Why do people keep hiring this guy?

He is a winner.

How many times have the Reds been worth a shit in the last 20 years when Baker was not the manager?  The Reds should have kept him.

I know he has never won a World Series, but I don't know of any manager available who has.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 08:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is a winner.

How many times have the Reds been worth a shit in the last 20 years when Baker was not the manager?  The Reds should have kept him.

I know he has never won a World Series, but I don't know of any manager available who has.

He was the beneficiary  of the best roster the Reds have had in quite a while.  And he still couldn't win a playoff series.

He had outstanding rosters with the Cubs and Giants too.  Hence, all the wins.  Worth mentioning--a whole bunch of losses too, not far above .500.

He is out of touch with how to win in today's game.  I stand by what I said--they are doomed.  Not doomed to sukking.  They have too much talent to be bad.  Just doomed to never getting over the hump.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 11:41 AM)McC Wrote: He was the beneficiary  of the best roster the Reds have had in quite a while.  And he still couldn't win a playoff series.

He had outstanding rosters with the Cubs and Giants too.  Hence, all the wins.  Worth mentioning--a whole bunch of losses too, not far above .500.

He is out of touch with how to win in today's game.  I stand by what I said--they are doomed.  Not doomed to sukking.  They have too much talent to be bad.  Just doomed to never getting over the hump.

Then who should they have hired?

I say Baker was the best option out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then who should they have hired?

I say Baker was the best option out there.

That probably had a lot to do with it.  There probably aren't a lot of great options.  Don't know what weird thing happened with Bud Black.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:24 PM)McC Wrote: They're doomed.  Why do people keep hiring this guy?

They really wanted Brian Price, but he wasn't available.  Hopefully, he will be soon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote