Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Navy demotes former White House Doctor
Former White House doctor Ronny Jackson, now Congressman, has been demoted after a scathing Inspector General's report on the mismanagement of the White House medical office under his tenure. Jackson was promoted to Rear Admiral by Donald Trump has been demoted to Captain.

The IG report cataloged massive problems with the office including handing out narcotics without prescription, substandard record keeping, treating ineleigible patients, sexual harassment of female staffers, financial mismanagement, drinking on duty, etc,

This demotion will cost him at least $15,000 in retirement pay each year and of course the loss of title

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:35 PM)pally Wrote: Former White House doctor Ronny Jackson, now Congressman, has been demoted after a scathing Inspector General's report on the mismanagement of the White House medical office under his tenure.  Jackson was promoted to Rear Admiral by Donald Trump has been demoted to Captain.

The IG report cataloged massive problems with the office including handing out narcotics without prescription, substandard record keeping, treating ineleigible patients, sexual harassment of female staffers, financial mismanagement, drinking on duty, etc,

This demotion will cost him at least $15,000 in retirement pay each year and of course the loss of title

Wow.  Trump got himself one of those rock and roll doctors.  I'm semi impressed in a really immature kind of manner.
Reply/Quote
From reading the article it's allowable for him to be demoted post-retirement under these circumstances. If I'm in charge of this decision, I'm not doing so without a formal court martial. Maybe that's not allowed for retired personnel? If it is that's the way to go. As the man is a member of Congress now and a former Trump appointee not doing so allows for a perception of political bias.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: From reading the article it's allowable for him to be demoted post-retirement under these circumstances.  If I'm in charge of this decision, I'm not doing so without a formal court martial.  Maybe that's not allowed for retired personnel?  If it is that's the way to go.  As the man is a member of Congress now and a former Trump appointee not doing so allows for a perception of political bias.

Administrative demotion happens all the time in the military without a court martial. The demotion is allowed as he was already under IG investigation when he retired,  It was certainly within Jackson's rights to ask for one but I doubt he really wants the publicity that would come with that.  

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 11:01 PM)pally Wrote: Administrative demotion happens all the time in the military without a court martial. The demotion is allowed as he was already under IG investigation when he retired,  It was certainly within Jackson's rights to ask for one but I doubt he really wants the publicity that would come with that.  

You're correct in that he probably did not want a court martial.  It's odd for a person that jacked up to make O-6.  Anything beyond that becomes very political, but to make O-6 you have to be really squared away.  Maybe the dude let the power go to his head after his appointment by Trump, maybe a mid life crisis?  Who knows?

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 12:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're correct in that he probably did not want a court martial.  It's odd for a person that jacked up to make O-6.  Anything beyond that becomes very political, but to make O-6 you have to be really squared away.  Maybe the dude let the power go to his head after his appointment by Trump, maybe a mid life crisis?  Who knows?

Military medicine promotions work a little differently than the rest of the military ones do.  It is all dependent on their years as a physician.  Jackson was a Captain for 6 years before he made Admiral after 20 years in the service. If the President wants the head of the WH medical unit promoted...they generally get promotoed

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 02:56 PM)pally Wrote: Military medicine promotions work a little differently than the rest of the military ones do.  It is all dependent on their years as a physician.  Jackson was a Captain for 6 years before he made Admiral after 20 years in the service. If the President wants the head of the WH medical unit promoted...they generally get promotoed

Medical PhD's start as an O-3, so the road is technically shorter for them to O-6.  It doesn't change the fact that to make O-6 you have to have your shit together.  There's no way this guy was behaving as indicated in this report from the time he was a Lieutenant all the way through Lt. Commander and Commander.  So my question is, what changed?  Again, we'll probably never know, but it's odd to say the least.  My bet would be on addiction, which is more common among MD's then many would like to think.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 03:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Medical PhD's start as an O-3, so the road is technically shorter for them to O-6.  It doesn't change the fact that to make O-6 you have to have your shit together.  There's no way this guy was behaving as indicated in this report from the time he was a Lieutenant all the way through Lt. Commander and Commander.  So my question is, what changed?  Again, we'll probably never know, but it's odd to say the least.  My bet would be on addiction, which is more common among MD's then many would like to think.

Alcohol was reportedly one of his problems

And military people are very reluctant to come forward with complaints of misbehaving senior officers, especially when they have the ear of the President as Jackson did as Head of the White House Medical Office. 

It was only when he was nominated for Veteran's Affairs Secretary that people started to come forward as he was no longer in their chain of command

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 03:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Medical PhD's start as an O-3, so the road is technically shorter for them to O-6.  It doesn't change the fact that to make O-6 you have to have your shit together.  There's no way this guy was behaving as indicated in this report from the time he was a Lieutenant all the way through Lt. Commander and Commander.  So my question is, what changed?  Again, we'll probably never know, but it's odd to say the least.  My bet would be on addiction, which is more common among MD's then many would like to think.

Alcohol was reportedly one of his problems

And military people are very reluctant to come forward with complaints of misbehaving senior officers, especially when they have the ear of the President as Jackson did as Head of the White House Medical Office. 

It was only when he was nominated for Veteran's Affairs Secretary that people started to come forward as he was no longer in their chain of command

Reply/Quote