Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ndamukong Suh
House Full of Spears is still a free agent! I would love it if Lou Anarumo brought him to Cincinnati even for a brief workout. I’m thinking he would fit in nicely with Geno Atkins et al in a Mike Zimmer-ish defensive line rotation. Remember how the Bengals used to bring in fresh defensive linemen during the game? That was a great idea then and it’s a great idea now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 09:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: House Full of Spears is still a free agent!  I would love it if Lou Anarumo brought him to Cincinnati even for a brief workout.  I’m thinking he would fit in nicely with Geno Atkins et al in a Mike Zimmer-ish defensive line rotation.  Remember how the Bengals used to bring in fresh defensive linemen during the game?  That was a great idea then and it’s a great idea now.

I didn't realize it until I just looked it up, but Suh has never missed a game in his nine year career. He's also always had at least 4.0 sacks every season. Been named First Team All-Pro three times.

I don't think the Bengals would be willing to spend good money on him nor do I think he would come in just to be part of a rotation, but I'd be up for adding him. He'd improve the pass rush for sure, plus Taylor has some familiarity with him from last year in LA and 2015 MIA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Suh seemed to be up and down when it came to giving it his all last season. He was very underwhelming, then looked like a beast come playoff time. I'm not sure a team like the Bengals is a fit for an attitude like his. If he goes anywhere, it will be as a hired gun on a team that will contend, not a cornerstone of a rebuild.

He's a smart guy that's made a shitload of money and doesn't have to play football if he doesn't want to. Not really a Bengals kind of aging FA.
Reply/Quote
TBH I just don't like the guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 01:24 PM)NKURyan Wrote: TBH I just don't like the guy.

but he could stomp on big ben
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 01:41 PM)samhain Wrote: Suh seemed to be up and down when it came to giving it his all last season.  He was very underwhelming, then looked like a beast come playoff time.  I'm not sure a team like the Bengals is a fit for an attitude like his.  If he goes anywhere, it will be as a hired gun on a team that will contend, not a cornerstone of a rebuild.  

He's a smart guy that's made a shitload of money and doesn't have to play football if he doesn't want to.  Not really a Bengals kind of aging FA.

Well, from what you said, it makes it seem like he's aging a little and doesn't go full out the whole time, which makes him a perfect rotation guy..... But, I suspect he is too expensive....
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 04:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, from what you said, it makes it seem like he's aging a little and doesn't go full out the whole time, which makes him a perfect rotation guy..... But, I suspect he is too expensive....

He just came off a 1-year, $14 mill contract, so I suspect he's probably not willing to settle for anything less than $10 mill a year. There's no way Mike Brown would pay that much for a player at this point. That would greatly eat into the extension money.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 10:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but he could stomp on big ben

The Bengals get flagged for sneezing on the Steelers lol.
Reply/Quote
Very low effort at times. Not a good locker room guy with a new coaching staff stressing qualities he severely lacks. Pass.
Reply/Quote
Suh is expected to sign with the Bucs replacing the just cut McCoy

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So how about McCoy?

He's very well liked and a consummate professional.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2019, 04:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: So how about McCoy?

He's very well liked and a consummate professional.

probly ends up somewhere with a ton of cap space..

Colts or browns
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 01:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: probly ends up somewhere with a ton of cap space..

Colts or browns

It's astounding that the Colts have turned around again and still have $57 mill cap space remaining.
The key for them is they don't have a lot of expensive contracts on bad or underperforming players.
Their OL is super cheap too. They have Castonzo for $11 mill but the rest of the OL are either on rookie contracts (Nelson, Kelly, Smith) or cheap (Glowinski - $3 mill).
Only one DB makes $5+ mill a year (Desir).
Their highest-paid RB is making $1.2 mill.
They are actually making good bargain FA contracts.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote