Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ndamukong Suh
I'm going to make a prediction...probably not going to happen but...

Ndamukong Suh will be signed by the Bengals in the off season if Zac Taylor is the HC.

Reasoning: Lots of history, part of the same recruitment class, Taylor calls him a high character big contributor. Played for Miami when Taylor was there as a QB Coach then also came to the Rams on a one year deal when he was there. I think it would be awesome to see Geno and Suh lined up at the same time.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Negative, we won’t spend that kind of money on almost any FA let alone one where we are relatively strong.
Reply/Quote
When did Ndamukong Suh become below 310 lbs? I thought he was 330+. Was he always lighter and just looked big?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/804385-ndamukong-suh-video-watch-suh-body-slam-helmet-less-andy-dalton-to-turf

This guy? Well that would be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Negative, we won’t spend that kind of money on almost any FA let alone one where we are relatively strong.

The Bengals brought in a relatively big FA haul with Tory James, John Thornton, and Kevin Hardy when they hired Marvin.  They will likely throw around more money in FA  this year with the new coach being brought in.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals throw money around it better be at the linebacker position and the freaking O-Line!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:55 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals throw money around it better be at the linebacker position and the freaking O-Line!

Agreed, as much as I would like to see a Geno/Suh combo. The o-line is one of the worst in the league as the linebackers are the worst.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:55 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals throw money around it better be at the linebacker position and the freaking O-Line!

I agree, but it could be done. A few cuts(Burfict, Nickerson) and a cut/ trade (Kirkpatrick) and we clear $14 million, the salary Suh made in LA this year. That would still leave us with $49.8 million to spend on other free agents, draft, and resigning players.
Reply/Quote
I'd be all for it if it happened. We need a DT to pair with Geno. Whether that be a 1st or 2nd rounder or an FA, or what-have-you.
Reply/Quote
Suh is more of a luxury signing and he wouldn't be great for the price he'll probably be asking for. Suh would still be an upgrade from Billings, don't get me wrong, but Big Bills is not the biggest issue to worry about.

Investing in proven LBs in FA would go a long way in improving this team. Devin White, Vigil and another band-aid aren't fixing this LB corps.

I don't know what good OL will be in free agency but I do know the top ones will definitely go high. and the Bengals aren't giving $60mil to an OL. I think bringing in an RT is crucial. You can find RG in the draft and maybe your guy is Westerman if he ever gets a shot.

TE might be a position to consider too. It sounds they might give Eifert 1 more chance and CJ will probably be brought back, but can't bank on Eifert staying healthy and god forbid we have 1000 injuries there again next year.

It is important to address these things in FA because what if Taylor does want to draft QB? I want this team to be forward thinking and make bold moves even if the Bengals aren't going QB. If Devin White is the best player at 11? Fine. But don't expect him to be the savior of a single position like they did with Price last season. Get him some help, too.

Also, I realize that you're going to have weaknesses in some areas regardless. That's where coaching comes in, which should hopefully be a huge upgrade.
Reply/Quote
Talk about taking the referee heat off of Tez…. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
We aren't paying two DT's 14+ million a year, it just isn't happening. That would be a ton of money tied up in the D line.
Reply/Quote