Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help. Please Give Thoughts on 2021 Win Total
Going to drop some cash on our Bengals. Vegas has our win total as 6.5. Everything in me is saying OVER. I’m an optimist when it comes to the orange and black. Now that the home and away schedules have been released, I can see 7-9 wins.

What are your thoughts?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:47 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Going to drop some cash on our Bengals. Vegas has our win total as 6.5. Everything in me is saying OVER. I’m an optimist when it comes to the orange and black. Now that the home and away schedules have been released, I can see 7-9 wins.

What are your thoughts?

Check this out.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Make-Your-2021-Early-Season-Predictions

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'll go with 9.. outside shot of 10
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Check this out.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Make-Your-2021-Early-Season-Predictions

Thanks will do.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:47 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Going to drop some cash on our Bengals. Vegas has our win total as 6.5. Everything in me is saying OVER. I’m an optimist when it comes to the orange and black. Now that the home and away schedules have been released, I can see 7-9 wins.

What are your thoughts?

6 wins 1 tie seems right on the money.   Can you bet for 6.5?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 09:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 6 wins 1 tie seems right on the money.   Can you bet for 6.5?

I'll make sure.  Having a little money on the games Who Dey Who Dey , makes me get louder in the jungle and perhaps have more Beer!

Vegas seems to know what they're talking about.  They are the house for a reason.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:47 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: What are your thoughts?

Don't gamble.
Reply/Quote

What are your thoughts?

If the team can remain mostly healthy, I would take the over.
However, if there are critical injuries like last year, I could easily see under.
Maybe wait until we're through Training Camp before putting anything down?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 11:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Don't gamble.

Doubly so when emotion is involved. 

Also, under. You're not just betting on Burrow and the Bengals logo, you're betting on Taylor/Anarumo/player health. If you take the over, you're saying that Zac Taylor will win more games in Year 3 with a real tough schedule than he did in Year 1 & 2 *COMBINED*.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doubly so when emotion is involved. 

Also, under. You're not just betting on Burrow and the Bengals logo, you're betting on Taylor/Anarumo/player health. If you take the over, you're saying that Zac Taylor will win more games in Year 3 with a real tough schedule than he did in Year 1 & 2 *COMBINED*.

Very Very Good points.  Thank you everyone.  I'll wait.  Like a lot of us, I wear rose colored glasses every spring.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doubly so when emotion is involved. 

I'm half joking.  Clearly I'm not above discussing sports stuff and spreads and odds and the what not.  I think the Bengals should win 7 games this season, but should and should and so on.
Reply/Quote
just dont bet anything you cant afford to lose lol
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just dont bet anything you cant afford to lose lol

Ehh, I didn't need my left nut THAT badly, ok?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I didn't need my left nut THAT badly, ok?

well you could have sold it to medical studies for about 40k at one point.. But hey.   its up to you.
Reply/Quote
Tbh, I've never gambled on sports, and one of the biggest reasons is I just want to follow the games as a fan. When you have money rolling on something, it really has a big affect on how you view things.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, I've never gambled on sports, and one of the biggest reasons is I just want to follow the games as a fan. When you have money rolling on something, it really has a big affect on how you view things.

its why i stopped playing fantasy....    It wasnt enough to win you had to have the right guys score points
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 11:55 AM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: I'll make sure.  Having a little money on the games Who Dey Who Dey , makes me get louder in the jungle and perhaps have more Beer!

Vegas seems to know what they're talking about.  They are the house for a reason.

Generally yes, except they predicted we'd win 4 games in 2011.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:18 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'll go with 9.. outside shot of 10

I think this is realistic optimism ^^^
Reply/Quote
How many wins is one thing. I'm just getting prepared for how literally every publication/outlet will pick us to finish last in the North. Every single one. I can't even conceive of an argument that would say otherwise. The Browns figure to be this year's sweetheart while we remain alone at the bottom, drowning in question marks. Almost feels like the 90s again and... ughhhh.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 06:10 PM)tms Wrote: How many wins is one thing. I'm just getting prepared for how literally every publication/outlet will pick us to finish last in the North. Every single one. I can't even conceive of an argument that would say otherwise. The Browns figure to be this year's sweetheart while we remain alone at the bottom, drowning in question marks. Almost feels like the 90s again and... ughhhh.

Pretty much. There were 3 playoff teams and the Bengals in the division last year. The likely 3rd place team in the division was 12-4 last year. Every team in the division is 5-1 against the Bengals over the last 3 years. It's not pretty.

Steelers: 12 Wins
Ravens: 11 Wins
Browns: 11 Wins

2018, 2019, and 2020 COMBINED
Bengals: 12.5 Wins

....and now I have depressed myself.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote