Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a MASSIVE Favour (and not money! Lol)
(please note, this is only in the event if the seller denies my request!)

So my car lights have fogged up and there is a leak somewhere... But I hate the look of them and replacing them would cost me a few hundred bucks anyways (not to mention that 3rd gen. Outbacks and Legacies have terrible lights in general), so I took to looking for European spec versions and while I cannot find them, I can find the next best thing, which is a JDM version that looks almost the same.

There is ONE seller on eBay and even though it doesn't say they WON'T ship to Canada, if I try to purchase them, eBay shuts it down with a, "seller doesn't ship to Canada," error. Fine.

They appear to run a separate site for their stuff, so I attempted there and the same thing; shut down. I contacted the seller on FB, so maybe I can get an exception. They also explicitly say that they won't sip to forwarding companies and will-call/postal holding is out, as our borders are closed.

Thus, if the seller doesn't grant me an exception, would someone be willing to have the lights shipped to their home and then ship it to me? I will pay for everything up-front and then when the lights get to you, if you would be willing to ship them to me (I'll obviously foot the cost), it would be beyond appreciated.

Again, this is only if the seller doesn't make an exception for me, but would anyone be willing to help me out?

If you do, either msg here or PM me and I'll get back.

I really appreciate your guys' time ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll do it.

Reply/Quote
Also, I will be in Put-in-Bay the last weekend of June. You gotta boat? You come get them for free. LOL

Reply/Quote
I'll do it.

I already do it for a friend of mine. She buys bulk baking powder from Nicaragua and for some reason they won't ship to north Carolina.

So she drives over here to pick it up.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll do it.

I already do it for a friend of mine.  She buys bulk baking powder from Nicaragua and for some reason they won't ship to north Carolina.

So she drives over here to pick it up.

I don't think it's baking powder Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't think it's baking powder Cool

At least it’s bulk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Take a small drill bit and drill a hole in the cover.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Also, I will be in Put-in-Bay the last weekend of June. You gotta boat? You come get them for free. LOL

LOL we do have a boat! But I highly doubt my dad would want to take it to Erie; it's only a 16-footer and he and I are both leery of the GLs; we both almost died, him twice:

1. He was on Lake Ontario, Duck hunting with a friend and it was SUPER windy, but to get to the spot, they had to leave the levy/breakers/whatever-the-concrete-things-are-that-keep-tides-out, in our 16-fot aluminum boat. Getting there was rough, but not too bad. Getting back, however, my dad said he may have been exaggerating, but they looked like 15-foot waves coming at them and he had to constantly maneuver in and out, to avoid the waves and that he and his buddy were getting thrown all over. They got back to the dock and my dad said that they just sat there for about 20 minutes, going over in their heads what just happened. His buddy eventually thanked him profusely, kept shaking his hand, called his wife and was emotional, etc.

My father has always mentioned this story, but this past February (when we went Ice Fishing), he FINALLY told me all the details. I now know why this, "friend," stopped hanging around my dad after this LOL

2. This is involves me and my whole family, for that matter. We went camping on Georgian Bay (part of Lake Huron) one summer weekend and we decided to leave a bit earlier, as we heard on our radio the previous night (it was 1996 lol) that the remnants of a hurricane, was shifting its way to the GLs and could bring torrential downpours and wind. I caught the biggest pike of my life that morning (have to find the pic; it was nice) and by the time we got back to the campsite, it began to rain decently and my sister and mother had packed 75% of everything. We took a quick pic of the pike and I and then it was gangbusters, getting everything into the boat ASAP. Our dog was with us and the second we set off, he went under one of the seats and didn't move the entire 30 minute trip. That 30 minute trip, I also didn't look up and was hanging on for dear life, as the winds were, if I were to recollect, about 25-30 MPH (I was 7 and only 80 pounds or so, so not very heavy!), but my dad went somewhat slowly and despite the gangbusters loading, everything was loaded quite-well and while we were LOW, we were able to make it back and not sink. Pretty sure if we had more weight or another 20 minutes of a trip, we'd've sunk.

I know full-well that Erie is SIGNIFICANTLY shallower than any of the other GL, but yeah, every time my dad mentions taking our boat to Georgian Bay, I am quick to nix it lol. Yet I'll go ocean fishing no problem and he's afraid LOL

If only my car had the hitch and not his...

Thank you everyone, but Mike (Harley) is helping me out :)

I really appreciate everyone willing to help; I always say it, but this is truly the best NFL community on the interwebz! (well, save for some people... but no one in this thread! Big Grin)

(03-17-2021, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Take a small drill bit and drill a hole in the cover.

Absolutely... but no lol. Hate my lights. They just aren't powerful at all, it's a common issue with the 3rd Gen Outbacks/4th Gen Legacies and a TON of people do not only the light housing swap, but also do an HID upgrade.

I'm not THAT desperate and the bulbs that come with these are better than the stock ones anyways, so that, coupled with the look, I'm good :)

The body has 0 rust, save for maybe 4-5 inches x 1/3 inch on the bottom of the driver door and 2-3 inches x 1/3 inch on the rear, driver-side door and half a split-pea sized spot on the fuel door. That's it. And I will be sanding it out and mending it so it doesn't come back, in the coming weeks.

For a 15-year old car, that is phenomenal and I am going to keep it as long as possible, so I will baby it as much as possible.

The only big thing that may need to be done in the next 3-5 years is the head gasket (same issue with all Subaru SOHC, 2.5 L engines, from the 80s until 2011/2012), as it began to leak oil at the beginning of last year... but my gen 2 (2001) that I took down to Cincinnati, 2 years straight, was leaking worse for 12 years, before we scrapped it and it never had the head replaced!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote