Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need info on Sanu....PLEASE HELP!
(03-12-2016, 05:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, fans of any team are welcome in any forum except JN.  Anyway, why dog on SCS?  He seems like a pretty sensible guy, except for his weak and meager attempts at smack.. Ninja

Don't make us Quaranteen you man, I Guarantine I'll do it.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Does he have untapped potential?

[Image: i-dont-know.jpg]

2. What player would you compare his Speed to in the NFL (just in general)?

[Image: da89f1ae667ee7535c49280e7d457e23_crop_no...h=420&q=75]

3. Has he done a decent job in one on one coverage on the outside?

[Image: the-wire-so-and-so-animated-gif.gif]

4. What kind of WR is he? a possession guy? a Speed guy?...what receiver style best fit him if you were to describe him?

[Image: dalton.0.0.gif]

5. Is he a good blocker and route runner or atleast decent at it?

[Image: giphy.gif]

6. Amazing catching ability or just ok?

[Image: milliner.gif]

7. Last....Do you think he is capable of getting atleast 800 yards and 7 TDs as our number 2 WR?

[Image: 5085677.gif]
Reply/Quote
He will be a good #2 for you guys. He is a good route runner, great after the catch, can make great catches but does have drop issues, not a burner has anquan Bolden type speed, good size, good blocker, good redzone target. The guy I would compare him to is Golden Tate would not be surprised if he averaged 800 yards and 5 Tds a season for you guys.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sanu is terrible...you guys got jobbed by paying him that much.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:30 AM)FalconsFan29 Wrote: Falcons Fan here!.....I come in peace!....Not trying to start a war but wanted some info on Sanu. Anyone with knowledge of Sanu please answer these questions if you have the time.

Yeah. I think he will get better but his ceiling is somewhat low

Like Colston when he was young

Not imo. He's had his moments though particularly in 2014 when AJ Green and M.Jones were out but since then not very impressive. He could've held onto the job at that point but I think drops did him in.

4. What kind of WR is he? a possession guy? a Speed guy?...what receiver style best fit him if you were to describe him?

He's a possession receiver.

He's good blocker but so-so route runner.

Just ok.

7. Last....Do you think he is capable of getting atleast 800 yards and 7 TDs as our number 2 WR?

I think that mark might be his ceiling. I'd be surprised if he got that though.

I appreciate your time! Its hard to really know what we are getting as there isn't a ton of tape on the guy and it doesn't seem like he got a ton of opportunity here judging by the stats. Anyways Im hoping Sanu does well as he will have plenty of opportunities when defenses double Julio, so I was just trying to get a feel on what kind of WR we have in Sanu since most are saying we overpaid for his services.

I was a big fan of Sanu and though he could really be great but he never panned out as a receiver. He's a pretty good swiss army knife though.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:58 AM)FalconsFan29 Wrote: Thanks everyone I definitely got a better idea on who we are getting. Looks like he has a higher chance at not succeeding unfortunately. But this is what my falcons do...sign "potential guys" to big contracts. But its who the falcons wanted or I should say who Kyle Shanahan wanted so Im eager to see what happens.

At the least Sanu seems like a great person but if he doesn't live up to his contract my fellow falcon fans will start with the Roddy White comparisons.

He can play QB if you need him to, so theres that.

Sanu drops too many passes for my liking, so I wasn't too sad to see him go. Other then that he's a solid locker room guy, so you wont have to worry about him creating problems.

At best he's a solid 3rd option, I wouldn't hope for him to take pressure off Julio though.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He was always the last guy to get looks from Dalton and lets face it Dalton isn't Matt Ryan. Sanu is a crafty guy and a good enough quarterback that he can open up some trick plays. He plays tough and seems to be a good blocker so it will help you in the run game. In the current FA market of wide receivers i think he will serve you well and we will see his potential as he moves to a #2. You will always get 100% out of Sanu and he won't fall apart like other receivers who switch teams in FA and complete fall apart.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 01:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: He was always the last guy to get looks from Dalton and lets face it Dalton isn't Matt Ryan.  Sanu is a crafty guy and a good enough quarterback that he can open up some trick plays.  He plays tough and seems to be a good blocker so it will help you in the run game.  In the current FA market of wide receivers i think he will serve you well and we will see his potential as he moves to a #2.  You will always get 100% out of Sanu and he won't fall apart like other receivers who switch teams in FA and complete fall apart.

Right. Dalton is much better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:52 AM)FalconsFan29 Wrote: LOL I can respect that! I completely understand from one true non bandwagon fan to another.

he can throw the ball which might add a nice little wrinkle to your offense.

Overall id say hes a good but not outstanding player. He could be a potential number 2 if he gets over the drop issues he had in 2014... They werent evident in 2015 but he played a much smaller role.

2014 is where i would look for tape of him. As we had no marvin jones or eifert on the field all year. and aj here and there early.

He has made plays deep for us if you can get him one on one down the middle of the field.

Hes not gonna beat most top flight corners but has the size to box people out and catch passes. hasnt seemed shy from taking a hit either.

Good guy good attitude. he could work. I dont think hes gonna meet your expectations for the amount he was given. but he can play inside and outside WR and has ran and passed the ball for us and ran the wildcat here and there (by that i mean 1 or 2 plays a year)

He could help matt ryan get a receiving TD lol.

Wish him the best since we dont play you guys this year.

But here is a highlight catch from his time here.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000394163/Sanu-76-yard-touchdown-catch
Reply/Quote
I've always liked Sanu, but like others have said and I agree he tends to just vanish for long periods. When he's on he's ON, but when he's not he might as well buy a ticket and sit in the stands...
For Mo I hope he catches lightning in a bottle in Atlanta, but like someone else said when we play Atlanta I hope he eats something that gives him the runs for the day..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:30 AM)FalconsFan29 Wrote: Falcons Fan here!.....I come in peace!....Not trying to start a war but wanted some info on Sanu. Anyone with knowledge of Sanu please answer these questions if you have the time.

No
Anquan Boldin. Or Michael Jenkins would be someone you would be familiar with
Not really. His strength is finding holes in zones. He doesn't get separation at the catch point
Versatile possesion guy. He can play anywhere on the field and you know his ability to have the occasional trick play
Yes
Has the ability for the great catch. Has also led the league in drop %
If he balls out. The TD number is a bit high but he could get that yardage with help

I appreciate your time! Its hard to really know what we are getting as there isn't a ton of tape on the guy and it doesn't seem like he got a ton of opportunity here judging by the stats. Anyways Im hoping Sanu does well as he will have plenty of opportunities when defenses double Julio, so I was just trying to get a feel on what kind of WR we have in Sanu since most are saying we overpaid for his services.
Reply/Quote
I am a big Bengals homer and I loved Sanu when he was with us.  But realistically, he is a #3 or maybe a #2 WR worth about $3 to $4 million per year.
Reply/Quote