Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to take some shots deep today.
Crabtree and Cooper both got deep on the Ravens. I think our receivers against their DBs is one of our bigger advantages.

Hope we take a few deep shots today.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Crabtree and Cooper both got deep on the Ravens.  I think our receivers against their DBs is one of our bigger advantages.  

Hope we take a few deep shots today.

Definitely.  It worked last year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
MLJ can get a step on a DB better than any other receiver on the team. Not a slight on A.J. or Eifert but those guys rely on their absurd athleticism to catch passes instead of their separation.

I'd bet quite a bit of money on a big Andy to MLJ pass again today at some point.
Reply/Quote
Our receivers vs. their defensive backs should be the biggest mis-match of the game. They'd be silly to not at least try to take advantage of that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: MLJ can get a step on a DB better than any other receiver on the team. Not a slight on A.J. or Eifert but those guys rely on their absurd athleticism to catch passes instead of their separation.

I'd bet quite a bit of money on a big Andy to MLJ pass again today at some point.

Yeah, I don't think it's a matter of if, but a matter of when.

I expect AJ to have a big one as well, as he has done so against the Ravens pretty consistently.

They key is we need to make those plays count in running up the score to put the game out of Baltimore's reach as early as possible.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yeah, I don't think it's a matter of if, but a matter of when.

I expect AJ to have a big one as well, as he has done so against the Ravens pretty consistently.

They key is we need to make those plays count in running up the score to put the game out of Baltimore's reach as early as possible.

Getting up early would be nice.  Make them one dimensional and tee off on Unibrow.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Our receivers vs. their defensive backs should be the biggest mis-match of the game.  They'd be silly to not at least try to take advantage of that.

Maybe the Ravens will consistently drop 6 into coverage out of fear, in which case I'd be fine with just gashing them for huge chunks with the run game.
Reply/Quote
I hope Dalton does exactly what he's done in the first two games and read mismatches and takes what the defense gives him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Ok thanks coach
Reply/Quote
Eifert up the seams
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: MLJ can get a step on a DB better than any other receiver on the team. Not a slight on A.J. or Eifert but those guys rely on their absurd athleticism to catch passes instead of their separation.

Disagree with MLJ getting better separation than AJ.
Imo, MLJ hardly ever gets open due to route running, same with Sanu. MLJ has speed but not the route running skills like AJ, which makes it seem AJ is getting open more despite double coverage, compared to MLJ single coverage. That's the difference imo.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 01:23 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Disagree with MLJ getting better separation than AJ.
Imo, MLJ hardly ever gets open due to route running, same with Sanu. MLJ has speed but not the route running skills like AJ, which makes it seem AJ is getting open more despite double coverage, compared to MLJ single coverage. That's the difference imo.

It makes me wonder how much Bengals football you watch if you think MLJ doesn't run good routes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Let's not strain our shoulders patting ourselves on the back.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's not strain our shoulders patting ourselves on the back.

Shoulder strains won't be a problem, as I'm gonna need to take a few deep shots to finally calm the nerves down.  That should numb the pain as well!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 01:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It makes me wonder how much Bengals football you watch if you think MLJ doesn't run good routes.

Nothing wrong with his route running. It's just that he's more a speed guy more than a route runner. Only routes I ever see him run are streams and post.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's not strain our shoulders patting ourselves on the back.

Go on, claim your psychic crown.  You earned it.  And yes, we all knew you'd remind us.

Reply/Quote
Was that long TD to Green his greatest play? I think so.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Nothing wrong with his route running. It's just that he's more a speed guy more than a route runner. Only routes I ever see him run are streams and post.

Ran a real nice comeback in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 01:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It makes me wonder how much Bengals football you watch if you think MLJ doesn't run good routes.

Did MLJ get better separation than AJ today? That's what I was commenting on.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ran a real nice comeback in the 4th.

And such. Basic routes. Nothing wrong at all. It just seems all his catches are contested most times which correlates to separation. I must admit he has sticky hands in tight window situations.
Reply/Quote