Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need to take the pulse of steeler nation
Ok, i have my industrial nitrile gloves on. 

What defcon level is steeler fan at regarding the prospect of Tom Terrific winning ring #6?

What is the over/under on soiled underwear (beyond the norm, of course) after people shit their drawers when they realize the steelers aren't the only team with SIX RINGS!!!! ?

And lastly...how will you all go on with life, not having that exclusivity?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 05:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok, i have my industrial nitrile gloves on. 

What defcon level is steeler fan at regarding the prospect of Tom Terrific winning ring #6?

What is the over/under on soiled underwear (beyond the norm, of course) after people shit their drawers when they realize the steelers aren't the only team with SIX RINGS!!!! ?

Not just the only team......  Tom has six himself!  w

And all Tom's were this century.........  no one on the Steelers roster was even alive when they won their first four!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Fans of a team with no Super Bowl wins trying to smack a team for being TIED with the most Super Bowl wins?

Damn, this subforum is on the decline.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Fans of a team with no Super Bowl wins trying to smack a team for being TIED with the most Super Bowl wins?

By no means are they on the decline.

They've been this pitiful since the beginning. LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:04 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: By no means are they on the decline.  

They've been this pitiful since the beginning.  LOL

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 05:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok, i have my industrial nitrile gloves on. 

It's a bummer, but life goes on.

Here's the thing though: it's a verifiable fact that Bengal fans on this board bring up how we brag about being the only ones with six rings waaaay more often than we actually do here (this being yet another example).

So how are you guys handling the fact that you won't be able to pretend that we do that anymore?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 03:27 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not just the only team......  Tom has six himself!  w

And all Tom's were this decade.........  no one on the Steelers roster was even alive when they won their first four!

I'd rather be rooting for a team on the second rung of the historical ladder than one on one of the last ...

Enjoy your imagined schadenfreude, though.  It’s the most joy that Bengal fans usually get out of football.  ThumbsUp

Edit: Hold on.  In what universe should a seventeen season span (2001-2018) be considered ‘This decade’?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:09 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It's a bummer, but life goes on.

Here's the thing though: it's a verifiable fact that Bengal fans on this board bring up how we brag about being the only ones with six rings waaaay more often than we actually do here (this being yet another example).

So how are you guys handling the fact that you won't be able to pretend that we do that anymore?

*in walks “sixandcounting”*

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:29 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: That’s 
*in walks “sixandcounting”*

That’s not an explicit claim of exclusivity, which is what we’re talking about now.   Smirk

Edit: But seriously, his name notwithstanding, go ahead and search this forum for 'six rings' and related terms.  You'll find that the vast majority of mentions of it are either Bengal fans or Steeler fans responding to Bengal fans about it.  
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 03:27 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not just the only team......  Tom has six himself!  w

And all Tom's were this decade.........  no one on the Steelers roster was even alive when they won their first four!

How do you define decade?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Fans of a team with no Super Bowl wins trying to smack a team for being TIED with the most Super Bowl wins?

You gotta roll with the hand you are dealt.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:17 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'd rather be rooting for a team on the second rung of the historical ladder than one on one of the last ...

Enjoy your imagined schadenfreude, though.  It’s the most joy that Bengal fans usually get out of football.  ThumbsUp

Edit: Hold on.  In what universe should a seventeen season span (2001-2018) be considered ‘This decade’?

(02-04-2019, 10:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: How do you define decade?

I meant century......  it was late and my mind was fried from playing poker  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I meant century......  it was late and my mind was fried from playing poker  ThumbsUp

did she poke back?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I meant century......  it was late and my mind was fried from playing poker  ThumbsUp

You should have big timed it and gone with millennium.  

Reply/Quote
I didn't watch the game but here's my pulse:

Time is a funny thing.  At one time the Steelers were the only NFL team with four super bowl wins.  Now they share the top with NE with six.

NE has shown that smart coaching can overcome almost anything...with a little luck thrown in.

Brady has won some playoff games with awful stats...that just shows how good the TEAM has been.

My Patriot Fan friends on facebook immediately did what this thread did: Try and make it about the Steelers versus about the Pats.  That's kinda sad.

Good for the Patriots...they won.

On to next year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't watch the game but here's my pulse:

Time is a funny thing.  At one time the Steelers were the only NFL team with four super bowl wins.  Now they share the top with NE with six.

NE has shown that smart coaching can overcome almost anything...with a little luck thrown in.

Brady has won some playoff games with awful stats...that just shows how good the TEAM has been.

My Patriot Fan friends on facebook immediately did what this thread did: Try and make it about the Steelers versus about the Pats.  That's kinda sad.

Good for the Patriots...they won.

On to next year.

Please go along with the thread and throw a tantrum.  We Bengal fans have so little.

Reply/Quote
[Image: tom-brady-thanos-super-bowl-53-1156821-1280x0.jpeg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Right, because when you’re trying to emphasize the relative shortness of a time period (and rightly so, by the way), using the word ‘century’ really does the trick ... LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: tom-brady-thanos-super-bowl-53-1156821-1280x0.jpeg]

What did it cost him?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: What did it cost him?

http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11802&start=575

Apparently contracts with the CIA. LMAO

Quote:You have no idea how much money deposited into off shore accounts. You cannot conceive how sophisticated NEs surveillance is. The sport is tainted forever. New league afraid to blow the lid.

I honestly do think they employ CIA tech. 3-5 on the road, and 8-0 at home makes you go "hmmmm"

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote