Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
{ Needing Help For Our Dog }
(07-12-2023, 04:51 PM)freezebowlbengal Wrote: Sent a donation wish I could give more. Give Roman a hug for us.

Thanks for the help freeze.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 02:41 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I don't think there's anything wrong with Leon sharing his thoughts about putting an animal down,, he is a farmer and probably has dealt with that a lot. He didn't stop there though. He tried to tell Holic chemo NEVER works and that cancer can be CURED with a dewormer he researched on Facebook.  Mellow Just no need for that junk.

That's where he went off the rails and why people are probably telling him to keep his ideas to himself. It's clear Holic and his wife have gone with what the people who actually know what they're talking about have advised them on. If the vets are that optimistic,, I would make the same decision to go with the chemo.

To Holic,, I will be sending you some money soon as I get paid. I don't post much but I've been reading this board every day since it started in 2015. You've done so much to keep this community together and make this the best NFL boards around,, I hope everyone who has the ability to help does. It would be really cool if the community paid for Roman's chemo. We can make Roman the board's mascot!

Best of luck with everything and hope Roman gets a whole lot more good days!!! 

Fair enough
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sometimes people are not good at reading a room. Time and place, be it facts or opinions. His pet, his choice.

Had to put down our dog this year. Tumor made him deaf, but was good for several months. Then went blind. Was scared at all times. Had no life no joy. Wish we could have done something. Donated hoping you can.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Sent a little your way, Holic. I have a soft spot for large breeds myself. Hope your guy can pull through and have some quality time left with you and your wife.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:45 PM)Destro Wrote: Sometimes people are not good at reading a room. Time and place, be it facts or opinions. His pet, his choice.

Had to put down our dog this year. Tumor made him deaf, but was good for several months. Then went blind. Was scared at all times. Had no life no joy. Wish we could have done something. Donated hoping you can.

Why is this in this forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 07:51 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Why is this in this forum

Because the owner/admin, who does so much and gives so much to this wonderful place that we love, has the right to ask for a little bit of help in a sitch like this.

He said he would move it to Klotsch in a few days, deal with it and simply be patient.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 07:51 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Why is this in this forum

Seriously?????
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:45 PM)Destro Wrote: Sometimes people are not good at reading a room. Time and place, be it facts or opinions. His pet, his choice.

(07-13-2023, 01:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sent a little your way, Holic. I have a soft spot for large breeds myself. Hope your guy can pull through and have some quality time left with you and your wife.

Thank you guys for helping out. 
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 09:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Because the owner/admin, who does so much and gives so much to this wonderful place that we love, has the right to ask for a little bit of help in a sitch like this.

He said he would move it to Klotsch in a few days, deal with it and simply be patient.

Just figured it wouldn't be a big deal putting it in JN for awhile because things are pretty slow right now. I was hoping people wouldn't mind. 
Reply/Quote
Holic- my goldens and English cocker are like my kids. Except the dogs are nicer to me! I feel your pain and have been there. Hope my small contribution helps.
Reply/Quote
I no longer have pets of any kind. I love dogs and the happiness they can bring, but they tend to have short lives while mine if pretty long in comparison. Can you imagine having a kid you are almost certain will die before he or she reaches their 21st birthday regardless of what you do or how much you spend? That's a dogs life to me..
I feel bad for you, your dog and family, but I've been through this too many times. Last dog I had was my best and only friend at the time, but I had no way to bring her with me to Ohio from Texas so I had to leave her behind and I cried for months over it. I haven't had a dog since. Now i just feed the birds and feral cats and let nature do what it does best.. I can't deal with the grief.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Gave ya a little bit. Hope it helps some.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 02:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just figured it wouldn't be a big deal putting it in JN for awhile because things are pretty slow right now. I was hoping people wouldn't mind. 

Nothing wrong with it.  Some people are just a$$clowns.
Reply/Quote
Done, Just lost my 17.5 year old German Shepherd Prancer and it doesn't matter how long they live you always want to do what you can, Praying bro for wisdom and comfort.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 07:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Holic- my goldens and English cocker are like my kids. Except the dogs are nicer to me! I feel your pain and have been there. Hope my small contribution helps.

(07-13-2023, 08:53 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Gave ya a little bit.  Hope it helps some.

(07-13-2023, 10:50 PM)phil413 Wrote: Done, Just lost my 17.5 year old German Shepherd Prancer and it doesn't matter how long they live you always want to do what you can, Praying bro for wisdom  and comfort.

Thank you guys very much for the help. 
Reply/Quote
We just got done selling a car we've trying to get rid of forever because it needs a transmission, and got 1,000 to put towards paying for Roman's chemo, reducing the total needed to 1,800.

With that and the 663 that has been donated so far...we are getting so much closer, just 1,137 away. 
Reply/Quote
I'm very anti crowdfunding companies but I'd be happy to Venmo/Zelle you some cash directly for this. Just let me know where to send it. I'm sure i'm not the only one in this boat.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry I couldn't do more (exchange rate and the like), but I hope that every little bit helps as much as possible
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 04:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm sorry I couldn't do more (exchange rate and the like), but I hope that every little bit helps as much as possible

Every bit of help gets us closer. Thank you.
Reply/Quote
Just dropped a little donation Holic. Sorry this took so long as I just saw your post. I pray all goes well for you all. God bless. 
Reply/Quote