Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative or positive word(s) of the day
I kind of like the lists although there are others not included, but heck...it's a start..

For the positive words: http://positivewordsresearch.com/list-of-positive-words/
And of course the negative words: http://positivewordsresearch.com/list-of-negative-words/

Weeks we win we use the positive words and when we lose the negative words or you can always flip them around to try to not be a homer when we win and not such a stick in the mud when we lose.. I'll try to not be a stick in the mud this week .

AMELIORATE
The Bengals will ameliorate the week and beat KC! 

I probably didn't quite get that right , but oh well..If you don't know the definitions look them up.  That ain't my job.   ThumbsUp

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jeeez.. I didn't realize that those lists were from an actual site called Positive Words Research..
I guess that ok if you write ad copy or maybe even political speeches and ads.. It might even apply to sports psychology to a certain degree  .
Originally I was just looking for negative words to describe how I felt about 'the game' last Sunday. 

I'm ok sticking to just negative words.. I am after all a Bengals fan which is probably a good reason to at least attempt to feel positive so the disappointment doesn't overwhelm us all.. lol

What will it take for the amelioration of the Bengals defense this season?  You just gotta love those $43 words nobody knows what they mean..Sounds almost Hobsonian, eh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Molecule #1: I just lost an electron!

Molecule #2: Are you sure?

Molecule #1: Yes, I am positive.
Reply/Quote
Recidivist
Reply/Quote