Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighbor Question
What I want to say is. "You people need something to think about other than what someone else is doing on property they own"

A raised bed in a neighbors backyard is invasive ???

Makes me glad I live on a farm & can do as I wish on property that I paid for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 10:01 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: A raised bed in a neighbors backyard is invasive ???

This is exactly what I was thinking.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 12:13 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Back when I lived in Ohio, I was called to appraise a house up just outside of St. Marys. This guy had built his own pond next to his house. Right next to it. As in, three feet of one of the corners of foundation hung over the pond. Dude could fish right from his bed in the bedroom.

LOL...I guarantee you the insurance company didn't know about this.  Otherwise a notice of cancellation would have been fourth coming.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Wasn't Wheezy the same guy that had a stranger walk in his house too? Might be time to relocate.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 12:13 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...I guarantee you the insurance company didn't know about this.  Otherwise a notice of cancellation would have been fourth coming.

I checked with the zoning. They said, of course, that it was illegal. A day later, they called me back and said, "Oh, we were wrong. That's perfectly legal!" (LOL). By that time, it didn't matter anyway. I had sent a picture to the bank making the loan and they immediately cancelled. As you said, no one is going to insure something like that. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 02:26 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I checked with the zoning. They said, of course, that it was illegal. A day later, they called me back and said, "Oh, we were wrong. That's perfectly legal!" (LOL). By that time, it didn't matter anyway. I had sent a picture to the bank making the loan and they immediately cancelled. As you said, no one is going to insure something like that. 

You can get it but it is very expensive and likely will exclude damages due to the lake and or movement of earth.  Soooo nearly worthless and expensive.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
You can also block with plants/hedges of some sort either near your patio or out at the property boundary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 07:03 PM)Goalpost Wrote: You can also block with plants/hedges of some sort either near your patio or out at the property boundary.

This.
Use bamboo.
Ninja
Reply/Quote