Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve conductivity tests
Ever hear the phrase that you feel like you were shot at and missed and shit at and hit?
I feel like I've been playing with a plugged in toaster in a bathtub full of needles and water..
This was my second one..There will not be a third  unless I'm in handcuffs and strapped down involuntarily..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've had one before. I probably need another if I really want to know the current issue with my nerves (probably hip/back impingement) causing my toes to numb/hurt.

The first one was because I overdosed on Vitamin B6 from a vitamin I was taking every day that had 2000% B6. The B vitamins do not eliminate like they say, or at least over time if you're at a high dose.
Reply/Quote
this sounds unpleasant
Reply/Quote
I've got a slight fracture at the 5th vertebrae (as I understand it). I've elected not to have surgery on it because it hasn't gotten worse and because there is some risk with the surgery. But if I get worn down, my body (joker that it is) decides to conduct its own nerve conductivity test straight down the backside of my left arm, neck to fingertips. Kinda like the low grade shock you get from mishandling an electrical outlet. Fortunately, it passes pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure it is just the one nerve coming off the cluster. But I can definitely see how having a full range test could get pretty intolerable real quick. Hang in there brother!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I've had this done also. I have some numbness in my feet. I'm still going down that rabbit hole as to why. It's likely either a stenosis/vertebrae or a circulation issue which could be cholesterol related. I've done one MRI and another awaits.
Reply/Quote
First time I had needles poked all over both legs and electric jolted through me so I put this one off for years. This time around was more like a cattle prod all over my legs and feet and back..Took a few weeks to get over it. I still get some crazy ass twitching in my legs at night..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
How are things going for you gramps? Besides getting poked and prodded like a science experiment that is. Hopefully it's not interfering with your hobbies too much.
Reply/Quote