Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Nervous Going into the Season
I'm nervous about depth on numerous positions and of course

1.) OT- Prince, Smith, and Adjeni haven't been up to snuff to say the least.

2.) WR- I actually Lkie, Taylor, Morgan and Thomas as WRs but none those guys are deep threats.

3.) DT/ Interior Pass Rusher- There is know one on the roster that has proved they can rush the passer on the interior.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Only thing I'm concerned about is starting the season strong.... that back half of the schedule gets tough after the bye week.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:38 PM)J24 Wrote: I'm nervous about depth on numerous positions and of course

1.) OT- Prince, Smith, and Adjeni haven't been up to snuff to say the least.

2.) WR- I actually Lkie, Taylor, Morgan and Thomas as WRs but none those guys are deep threats.

3.) DT/ Interior Pass Rusher- There is know one on the roster that has proved they can rush the passer on the interior.
Outside  of Hill and Reader. Just wanted to clarify.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:38 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Only thing I'm concerned about is starting the season strong.... that back half of the schedule gets tough after the bye week.

This is what I was saying. I'm sure there will be a prediction thread. But we have 9 games before the bye. What do you think are record needs to be by then? 

I'm thinking 7-2. That would enable us to go .500 after the bye and still have a very good chance at the postseason. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:50 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is what I was saying. I'm sure there will be a prediction thread. But we have 9 games before the bye. What do you think are record needs to be by then? 

I'm thinking 7-2. That would enable us to go .500 after the bye and still have a very good chance at the postseason. 

That or 6-3 at the very least. 

I think we dominate the division - I see a sweep of the Steelers and Browns. Split with the Ravens.  Just got to get some wins elsewhere.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It will take a minute or two to develop good chemistry but see no way can it be as bad as last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 07:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One thing we keep hearing about is how good the OL should be when we have the starters in there.
But we haven't seen the starters much at all, even in practices with all the injuries that happened before preseason.
And these backups have been obviously bad.

So I'm super nervous about the OL actually performing up to expectations once the season begins.

Anyone else nervous about this same thing?
Or nervous about any other position/aspect of the Bengals?

Super nervous? Why worry over shit you can't control?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 07:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So I'm super nervous about the OL actually performing up to expectations once the season begins.

[Image: 3729a62466da3bb70154e9214168f85b.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 12:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Super nervous? Why worry over shit you can't control?

[Image: 0930.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm mostly just nervous about living up to the expectations put on us. We were a pretty up and down team for the first half of the season (losing to Chicago, beating up the Steelers, almost losing to the Jags, almost beating the Packers, destroying the Ravens and then losing to the Jets before being blown out by the Browns). In the second half of the season, we caught fire pretty well, but we still had a let down game against San Francisco and a turnover laden loss against LAC. We also barely beat the Broncos and the Raiders game was much closer than the score would suggest.

I don't buy the "lucky run" narrative that a lot of media folks attributed our super bowl appearance to, but I am also nervous that we're being put up in the same category as the Bills and Chiefs when we had such an inconsistent season last year.

I am hoping those inconsistencies last year are removed now that we have a better Oline and Burrow is 1 more year removed from his surgery, but I just can't shake this feeling that we have a high likelihood of landing on the tails side of a few more of these toss up games this year. Especially with how loaded the AFC is this year, I'm very nervous we'll be on the outside looking in come playoff time. The dreaded "Super Bowl Hangover" looming over us also lends to my nervousness.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t say I’m nervous at all more excited to see if it all comes together.

Joe can pretty much do it on his own but it’s buying those extra couple of seconds in critical moments a half competent line in the super bowl and it’s not a close game.

The big watching point will if Mix can get some big holes this season instead of having to bounce off every player on the field and somehow still manage to gain 3 or 4 yards.

I think the defence which was already very good last season will take another giant step this year if Ossai is half as good as we are hoping and Bates in a prove it year before his pay day we really could be unstoppable.

I expect us to win between 12-14 games even with the SOS, if we really want to shut the media up and prove we are a team who now can compete for Super Bowls it’s vital we don’t have a relapse this year.

Most of all us fans deserve it too, after all the false dawns and being a couple of plays away from winning it all last year we are so fu*king close and I truly believe if we get off to a flying start this will finally be the year.

Who Dey can’t wait now.
Reply/Quote
Outside of Collins' back issues, I'm not worried a bit about our new OL starters. There may not be any Pro Bowlers on the line, but these guys are professionals who know how to play their positions.

What worries me, is while we went back and forth about last season's Super Bowl run being a must win now scenario, I think this year is our last best shot, because next year we have to pay Burrow and Higgins, and the year after that we have to pay Chase. I suspect this is the last year we have Mixon or Bates. This is probably this groups last run together.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 12:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Super nervous? Why worry over shit you can't control?

What's life without at least some level of anxiety?  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:54 PM)Tony Wrote: Nervous? I haven't been this excited about a season since 2005...

Same here. 

Let's go BENGALS!! 

Who Dey WHO DEY! Who Dey
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:54 PM)Tony Wrote: Nervous? I haven't been this excited about a season since 2005...

Expectations are way up for sure
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 07:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One thing we keep hearing about is how good the OL should be when we have the starters in there.
But we haven't seen the starters much at all, even in practices with all the injuries that happened before preseason.
And these backups have been obviously bad.

So I'm super nervous about the OL actually performing up to expectations once the season begins.

Or nervous about any other position/aspect of the Bengals?

I am not nervous about the OL, it WILL be better than what we saw last season as long as we stay somewhat healthy.

Pretty damn sure of this.

I am with Bfine and Burrow being 100%, if he is....we will be fine. Wink

Need to run it on the Steelers anyways. Make them our bitches and physically destroy them.Mad
Reply/Quote