Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nervous about Steelers week
Marv the Steeler Killer.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 09:57 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Marv the Steeler Killer.

Maybe he loved it so much when he was there that he doesn't have the heart to beat them on a regular basis.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 07:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: For some reason I'm confident we will win this game.

That's your hopedelusional side talking.  And here's hoping you're right.

Wonder how many pregame analysts will pick the Bengals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Jim O. said fines would be known on Friday. Suspension would’ve been reported today. Mitchell gets to keep on Mitchelling.

He's not dirty but Burfict is, even though Burfict has cleaned up his act considerably and Mitchell has added taking out knees to his dirty repertoire.    

Reply/Quote
I feel it's worth mentioning that DeCastro is one dirty son of a ***** in his own right. Credit where credit is due.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 02:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you have the same mindset as I do, you'll feel so much better. I'm of two minds. Part of me is almost hoping the Bengals lose out to ensure a new HC next season. But, there's always that optimistic part of me that thinks we can hang with any team in the league and expects to, at least, make the playoffs.

Because of those two conflicting parts of my mind, it doesn't matter what we do. If we lose, well, good, another nail in Lewis' coffin. If we win, well, good, we might actually make the playoffs and make some noise. It's actually a win-win for me and it's qutie freeing.

Believe me, I've tried, but I just can't get to that place.    I can't stop craving victory and despising defeat.  That way, I can suffer more.  Face it, we're all gluttons for punishment but holding on for that magical day when all the suffering will be rewarded, like suffering somehow counts in our favor.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 02:26 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Semi-prime time game
Two different sets of rules

The bengals are going to have to beat that living snot out of the steelers in order to come away victorious.  The closer this is to a competitive game the higher chance of a steelers victory.  The holding (and lack of holding) calls.  The potential "personal fouls" going one way and not the other.  

I think the bengals can win, but they have to play smart and within themselves. Shazier and Mitchell are likely to hit hard and illegal, but there can't be an equal reaction.  Lawson, Dunlap, Geno will likely be held  often, but they will need to move to the next play.  

It sucks, but it's the truth.   If the bengals don't play mistake free and smart football, it'll be hard to overcome the potential and recent ref/league Bias.

To beat them, you have to do it convincingly, so your margin of error is big enough to overcome the BS.   Or, at least these Bengals do.  

Reply/Quote
Reasons why the Bengals will/can win--

1-We do play them better in Pittsburgh than at home, a thing which is truly bizarre.

2-A little help here? I'm drawing a blank.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Um...... because that's what head coaches do.

What did you think a head coach does?!

My point is if you're going to fairly evaluate Marvin and only look at when it goes bad on the defense but not when it goes good on the defense then that's total bias on your end
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To beat the Steelers it is necessary to match them in terms of physicality. Pittsburgh fears a team who is more violent than they are.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 06:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: To beat the Steelers it is necessary to match them in terms of physicality.  Pittsburgh fears a team who is more violent than they are.

Only problem with that is if you're as physical as they are, you'll be walking backwards all day.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 06:12 PM)McC Wrote: Only problem with that is if you're as physical as they are, you'll be walking backwards all day.

If they throw a flag on Vontaze for a legal (hard) tackle I'm gonna........ well I'll figure out what I'm gonna do later but it's gonna be ugly !
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 01:24 AM)McC Wrote: That's your hopedelusional side talking.  And here's hoping you're right.

I was watching NFL Network today and for our pick em game they had Ike Taylor on (just for our game). Who do you think he picked?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 02:26 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Semi-prime time game
Two different sets of rules

The bengals are going to have to beat that living snot out of the steelers in order to come away victorious.  The closer this is to a competitive game the higher chance of a steelers victory.  The holding (and lack of holding) calls.  The potential "personal fouls" going one way and not the other.  

I think the bengals can win, but they have to play smart and within themselves. Shazier and Mitchell are likely to hit hard and illegal, but there can't be an equal reaction.  Lawson, Dunlap, Geno will likely be held  often, but they will need to move to the next play.  

It sucks, but it's the truth.   If the bengals don't play mistake free and smart football, it'll be hard to overcome the potential and recent ref/league Bias.

Bengals need to not let Bell go off, he'll get his yards, just don't let him go over 110 or so. Then they need to protect Dalton decently. If they can do that, they will have a chance to win in the 4th.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 09:28 PM)Utts Wrote: Bengals need to not let Bell go off, he'll get his yards, just don't let him go over 110 or so. Then they need to protect Dalton decently. If they can do that, they will have a chance to win in the 4th.

That's the big thing...our offensive line holding up against their speed rushers and Dalton not making mistakes under pressure.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 01:24 AM)McC Wrote: That's your hopedelusional side talking.  And here's hoping you're right.

Our defense has played really well against the Steelers for a while now. With the pass rush we have now I think that we will shut their offense down. I don't think the Steelers have anywhere near the defense they have on paper. They have a good pass rush, but that's it. Most of the teams they played have had bad offenses. I think it's going to be something like 24-17.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 08:39 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I was watching NFL Network today and for our pick em game they had Ike Taylor on (just for our game).  Who do you think he picked?
His mind was made up on all future Bengal Steeler game picks in this job the day he was drafted.  He just didn't know it yet.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the big thing...our offensive line holding up against their speed rushers and Dalton not making mistakes under pressure.

They will be blitzing from everywhere, constantly, the whole game against the run and the pass.  They'll blitz the pregame band.  They will blitz the coin toss. They will be coming forward from beginning to end or until our offense can push them back or make them step back.  Have to make them pay at least a couple times. Give them disaster because that's what they're trying to create for our offense.  They'll be counting on.  If we can avoid disaster, we have a real chance. Also can't let any disaster that does occur end you.  

Driving the length of the field will be a real *****, probably for both sides, so there has to be some explosive plays, some big gains.   You know they'll be throwing it deep.  We have to do the same.  Whoever has more long gains will probably win.  Neither team will be wanting to have to put together long drives.  The more plays, the greater the chance for disaster.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 05:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My point is if you're going to fairly evaluate Marvin and only look at when it goes bad on the defense but not when it goes good on the defense then that's total bias on your end

Ok.  

His coaching starts off good but then he fails to make adjustments or goes vanilla, as I said.

Or maybe he doesn't even deserve credit when it's good because he begins with letting the coordinators choose the way they want to attack an offense or defense but then Marvin says "ease up" or doesn't instruct them on ways to switch it up because he thinks "it WAS working, so why change?"

It's like '09 when we would get up on teams and be moving the ball and then the play calling would go to "dive, dive, curl, punt," and do you really think that Marvin wasn't behind that?
Reply/Quote