Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvements I’d like to see for Madden 24
Presentation

More realistic crowds. No crowd face or body should be the same. I know this is more of a niche and tedious ask but it absolutely does take away from the realism of the game when player faces are the same as crowd faces and every crowd has the same 5 people.

More stats, commentary and graphics. I love stats, i love being immersed in my franchise. If I’m in year 5 of a franchise and Iv won 4 straight Superbowls i should get different commentary than if i were going for my first Super Bowl. This one isn’t even hard. This should’ve BEEN happening. The fact it hasn’t is a direct indictment of EA’s laziness.

Gameplay

All around more realistic physics and block shedding.

Ball mechanics and how tipped balls just always seem to go to defenders.

Movement inside the pocket as a QB needs to be REVOLUTIONIZED completely. I can not recreate Joe Burrow’s evasiveness on Madden. I cannot break sacks with any consistency on Madden. There is no skill to getting the break sack animation as well. It’s 100% luck, and Madden used to have controls for pocket movement. I should be able to hop and shimmy through blockers in the pocket. In Madden right now angles don’t matter. If a guy comes screaming off the edge you are basically screwed if you don’t have a fast QB. That’s unrealistic. Joe Burrow is not even that fast and he’s one of the leagues best escape artists. Every pocket escape essentially consists of you getting lucky and scrambling when your lineman holds his block. There is no realism to pocket breakdowns and this is absolutely ruining the game.

So much more but I’m tired
-Housh
Reply/Quote
NFL2K5 had a really cool way of adding to realism. During the game you’re playing (if playing season/career mode) you would see scores from other games in progress.

That by itself is no big deal but then after you finished your game they’d run a mini NFL Gameday with Chris Berman and you would see highlights from all those games that aligned with the score you saw during the game.

Been waiting forever for Madden to introduce a feature like this but it adds nothing to gameplay
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Tackling and player movement have to be better.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2023, 11:14 AM)basballguy Wrote: NFL2K5 had a really cool way of adding to realism. During the game you’re playing (if playing season/career mode) you would see scores from other games in progress.

That by itself is no big deal but then after you finished your game they’d run a mini NFL Gameday with Chris Berman and you would see highlights from all those games that aligned with the score you saw during the game.

Been waiting forever for Madden to introduce a feature like this but it adds nothing to gameplay

I used to love that on 2k5 and have been wanting it back since then.

Just adds immersion to your offline franchise.

Most of my fixes would be immersion fixes. I can make damn near ANY gameplay and control scheme work if the presentation is fun.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
have any of you tried the QB Experience in VR? (i have not but i now know it exist)

NFL Pro Era... i believe its called.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 12:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have any of you tried the QB Experience in VR?   (i have not but i now know it exist)

NFL Pro Era... i believe its called.

Yes.

It's incredibly buggy.  I can complete 1 out of every 3 games....waste of 20 bucks.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Not giving any maddens the time of day until the animations actually look better than a competitor's 15 year old game (all pro football 2k8). Unlikely as they're too busy counting the giant stacks of cash flowing in from Ultimate Team. I don't have any hope for anything made by EA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 03:29 PM)basballguy Wrote: Yes.

It's incredibly buggy.  I can complete 1 out of every 3 games....waste of 20 bucks.  

lol glad i asked then  i just starting to dip my Toe in VR
Reply/Quote