Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetFlix Shows...
So...When I get a change, I binge watch. Netflix has been better than regular tv for me in the past few months because of my eratic schedule. (but anyway)

Some of the shows that were pretty good considering...again, IMO

The Lizzie Borden Chronicles was a really decent series:
[Image: The-Lizzie-Borden.jpg]

Fuller House was actually pretty cool:
[Image: 0803bc03e96aa09b65daf222c685f98bd376340a.jpg]

But I have to admit, the new show The Ranch is pretty good...binge-worthy.
[Image: theranch.jpg]

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've watched I think 3 of The Ranch so far. Flaked wasn't bad either. Then there was the one drama with coach Taylor from Fri Night Lights. Took place in Fla at a family run resort. A lot of flashbacks and family secrets. Can't remember the name.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The best show on Netflix is 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt'. Hell, it was probably the best TV show period last year.
[Image: watch-unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt-2015-tin....png?w=600]
Reply/Quote
Just got Netflix last week, and Jessica Jones was the first series I got into (binged 13 episodes in 3 days). Wow - looking forward to the second season of that one. If the ones mentioned here are as interesting, Netflix will be the bargain of TV programming for sure.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 01:20 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Just got Netflix last week, and Jessica Jones was the first series I got into (binged 13 episodes in 3 days). Wow - looking forward to the second season of that one. If the ones mentioned here are as interesting, Netflix will be the bargain of TV programming for sure.

I gave up on Jessica Jones midway through. I wanted to like it, I really did. I think I just couldn't get past the The B**** From Apt. 23 being a complex character with a lot of uncontrollable dissonance. I wanted to like it because I really liked Daredevil, but I couldn't. The only thing I liked about that show was Luke Cage.

But, yeah, Netflix is putting oout great stuff. Kimmy Schmidt, Daredevil, Fuller House, finishing up Longmeyer. Just started the Ranch, but it seems good. Hadn't heard about Lizzie Borden, I'll have to give it a shot.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 01:28 PM)Benton Wrote: I gave up on Jessica Jones midway through. I wanted to like it, I really did. I think I just couldn't get past the The B**** From Apt. 23 being a complex character with a lot of uncontrollable dissonance. I wanted to like it because I really liked Daredevil, but I couldn't. The only thing I liked about that show was Luke Cage.

But, yeah, Netflix is putting oout great stuff. Kimmy Schmidt, Daredevil, Fuller House, finishing up Longmeyer. Just started the Ranch, but it seems good. Hadn't heard about Lizzie Borden, I'll have to give it a shot.

Longmire was originally A&E and then picked up by Netflix.  I think it has lost its way.  Nothing wrong with formulaic episodes.  You run the formula episode after episode and maybe have something bigger running through the season, but they got too ambitious in my opinion.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 02:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Longmire was originally A&E and then picked up by Netflix.  I think it has lost its way.  Nothing wrong with formulaic episodes.  You run the formula episode after episode and maybe have something bigger running through the season, but they got too ambitious in my opinion.  

I think the first three seasons were on A&E if I remember right, but I didn't see it till it came to Netflix. Defnitely liked the first few seasons better before he and Vic got involved. But I still liked the show eve if it did seem to drift.

I did find it funny though that a small town in Wyoming has a murder every week. With a population of around 30,000, that makes Absaroka County the deadliest place in the world with 27 people killed in 22 episodes (according to the link below).

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/the-body-count-is-longmires-absaroka-county-the-most-murder-plagued-place-on-tv/
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 02:31 PM)Benton Wrote: I think the first three seasons were on A&E if I remember right, but I didn't see it till it came to Netflix. Defnitely liked the first few seasons better before he and Vic got involved. But I still liked the show eve if it did seem to drift.

I did find it funny though that a small town in Wyoming has a murder every week. With a population of around 30,000, that makes Absaroka County the deadliest place in the world with 27 people killed in 22 episodes (according to the link below).

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/the-body-count-is-longmires-absaroka-county-the-most-murder-plagued-place-on-tv/

I always thought that the FBI should get involved at some point.  Percentage wise it's  as dangerous as living in Syria.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:41 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: So...When I get a change, I binge watch. Netflix has been better than regular tv for me in the past few months because of my eratic schedule. (but anyway)

I enjoyed Fuller House as well. If you liked Full House, then you'll like it. If you didn't like Full House, then you'll hate this show. It's as simple as that.

I saw a trailer for the Ranch since I couldn't believe that Ashton Kutcher decided to move onto a Netflix show, but I absolutely love it. I'm a big fan of That 70's Show, so seeing Kutcher and Masterson working together again is fun. Although, Sam Elliott steals the show.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The only problem with The Ranch is the laugh track. For some reason it's very obvious and annoying.

Reply/Quote
I like "Orange is the New Black", "House of Cards", "Narcos" and "Daredevil".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to have to watch "The Ranch".
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 01:28 PM)Benton Wrote: I gave up on Jessica Jones midway through. I wanted to like it, I really did. I think I just couldn't get past the The B**** From Apt. 23 being a complex character with a lot of uncontrollable dissonance. I wanted to like it because I really liked Daredevil, but I couldn't. The only thing I liked about that show was Luke Cage.

It took 4 or 5 episodes for the production to gain consistency with storyline and pace. Then it took off through the end. All in all, solid performances from all involved. I'm definitely looking forward to season two. 

And I have the luxury of having never seen The B**** from Apt 23   Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:41 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: So...When I get a change, I binge watch. Netflix has been better than regular tv for me in the past few months because of my eratic schedule. (but anyway)

So the ranch features at least 2 guys from that 70s show anyone else from that show appear?

(i like little things like that... Like in the big bang theory Leonard hooks up with the once girl scientist whose name i cant remember but she calls sheldon a dumbass.. well thats david and darelenne from rosanne. and Aunt Jackie is sheldons mom)
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 12:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So the ranch features at least 2 guys from that 70s show anyone else from that show appear?

(i like little things like that... Like in the big bang theory Leonard hooks up with the once girl scientist whose name i cant remember but she calls sheldon a dumbass..  well thats david and darelenne from rosanne. and Aunt Jackie is sheldons mom)

***Spoiler alert***

The Ranch is the same guys who wrote 2 1/2 men, so... Jon Cryer makes an appearance.
Other than that, if anyone was ever a fan of the show 'Freaks and Geeks', the coach, also known as Biff in Back to the Future makes a cameo as the Coach again. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Supernatural, Hell on Wheels, Daredevil, Longmire, Cheers, Frazier, That 70's Show, The Wonder Years all be great.

I started watching "The Ranch" is funny, love Sam Elliot but Ashton Kutcher being a former great high school QB is extremely
funny since he throws like a girl. His brother, same dude from that 70's show is hilarious as always. Funny show.

Also they just put on Man vs Food which i always loved.

Watched ET the other day for the first time in 20 years, classic.
Reply/Quote
I have Amazon Prime for a month and it sucks big time. There's only one good show on there and that's "The Man In The High Castle" but there's only one season.

I'll be going back to Netflix eventually.

I just wish these things would carry more movies I want to see like "The Wanderers", "Crossroads" and "Catch 22" but they have nothing I want.
Reply/Quote
I wish Netflix would just buy out Amazon prime video service and others like Hulu out there. No other one even comes close to what Nflix has. Way better movies, past & current tv shows, tons of shit for kids too they all like. Id list them but just way too many from Breaking Bad, Freaks & Geeks, XFiles, Sherlock, NCIS, SoA, etc etc etc. Even has all the old Andy Griffiths lol.

Anyhoots my three favorite Netflix original series are Narcos, OrangeisthenewBlack, & House of Cards. Havent got into Daredevil, tho heard its good. Bu
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 10:17 AM)Donnyho Wrote: The best show on Netflix is 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt'. Hell, it was probably the best TV show period last year.
[Image: watch-unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt-2015-tin....png?w=600]

I am hoping this post was sarcastic. That show is terrible.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 05:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am hoping this post was sarcastic. That show is terrible.

.......no, it wasn't sarcastic.  It was really the best show on tv last year (at least the best comedy of 2015). It's extremely well written and acted, so I'm curious as to why you think it's terrible.
Reply/Quote