Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetFlix Shows...
Highway men was a good movie.. (Netflix film) Basically Kevin Costner and Woody are the Highway men hunting Bonnie and Clyde told from their side
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 06:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Highway men was a good movie.. (Netflix film) Basically Kevin Costner and Woody are the Highway men hunting Bonnie and Clyde told from their side

Watched that this past weekend. Not an action movie except in little spurts, but a very good movie. Acting was good and it drew you in. I watched “The Dirt” after, and Highway Men was more entertaining, suspenseful, etc. it’s a good flick for anyone that’s ever heard of Bonnie & Clyde. For the youngens that haven’t, that movie will suck to them probably.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone else watching "Happy"?

A very bizarre show! About as dark as dark humor gets.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 01:38 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Anyone else watching "Happy"?

A very bizarre show! About as dark as dark humor gets.

I'm three episodes in (I think, hard to tell with Netflix, just watched the poker game). It's a fun show.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 02:37 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm three episodes in (I think, hard to tell with Netflix, just watched the poker game). It's a fun show.

Episode 6 now... and it gets more bizarre!
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, but I'm watching Mindhunter, and I think it's really good. If you don't know it's the guys who spearheaded psychological profiling in the FBI. They sort of fell into it. I think profiling has lost some of its glamour over the years, but it's still fascinating to watch them evolve it by interviewing really bad guys. I've watched seven so far, and at the beginning of each episode they show a little clip of the BTK killer. They don't tell you that, but it's rather obvious. Not sure where that is going. I know profiling had nothing to do with him being caught, but maybe they nailed it pretty good with his profile.

Edit: I’ll amend this a little bit. The last three episodes were not as enjoyable to watch. Of course reality being what it is, they have no choice but to tell the story as it happened. Everyone becomes unlikable. I won’t say how, but it became less and less about the interviews which were what made it interesting.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Just watched "The King" last night. Awesome show, for my tastes! A lot of historical accuracy in settings,weapons, etc. mixed with the Shakespearean story of Henry V.

Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it.
Reply/Quote
last boy scout is on Netflix if you never have seen it.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: last boy scout is on Netflix if you never have seen it.

Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite movies of all time lol. It got horrible reviews too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite movies of all time lol. It got horrible reviews too.

Same...  Is he dancing?  I think hes dancing lol...

Not gonna say the acting was great but I still love the movie.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite movies of all time lol. It got horrible reviews too.

I’m no movie snob, but I remember it being bad or at best ok.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Started Watching Hyper Drive last night...

Think American ninja warrior for cars.... Its hard to stop watching.. (saw a 1000 HP lambo nail some drift obstacles.)
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: last boy scout is on Netflix if you never have seen it.

I watched it again yesterday for the first time in about 15 years. My tastes have changed. I liked it much better back then.

Still, it does have its moments ("Head or gut?")
Reply/Quote
If you all don't mind subtitles, Dark is a pretty good Netflix show. It's a German show but it is on US Netflix. I've heard mixed reviews for the English dub though, so I just watched it with subtitles.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 05:11 AM)treee Wrote: If you all don't mind subtitles, Dark is a pretty good Netflix show. It's a German show but it is on US Netflix. I've heard mixed reviews for the English dub though, so I just watched it with subtitles.

I enjoyed it. Felt like I needed a chart to keep track of who was who, though.

Just finished Daybreak. Man, that show is the best thing I've seen in years.
Reply/Quote
watching thru George RR MArtins Night fliers right now
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: watching thru George RR MArtins Night fliers right now

well finished Season 1 (all that's available) not sure if they could even do a season 2...    So this might be the complete deal.

Was good I basically found it sunday and finished yesterday.]

Cant say much except its a ship trying to make contact with what they believe is an alien ship to help save a dying earth.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 10:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, but I'm watching Mindhunter, and I think it's really good.  If you don't know it's the guys who spearheaded psychological profiling in the FBI.  They sort of fell into it.  I think profiling has lost some of its glamour over the years, but it's still fascinating to watch them evolve it by interviewing really bad guys.  I've watched seven so far, and at the beginning of each episode they show a little clip of the BTK killer.  They don't tell you that, but it's rather obvious.  Not sure where that is going.  I know profiling had nothing to do with him being caught, but maybe they nailed it pretty good with his profile.

Edit:  I’ll amend this a little bit. The last three episodes were not as enjoyable to watch. Of course reality being what it is, they have no choice but to tell the story as it happened. Everyone becomes unlikable. I won’t say how, but it became less and less about the interviews which were what made it interesting.

Yes! That one is really good.
Reply/Quote
My wife watched the new Ryan Reynolds Netfilx Original movies and said it was good. I'll update you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My wife watched the new Ryan Reynolds Netfilx Original movies and said it was good. I'll update you.

It was okay, IMO. Not really my cup of tea. But even then, I don't feel it was a total waste of viewing time.

If you like high speed action with interspersed jokes (a la Deadpool), you will like, I think.
Reply/Quote