Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetFlix Shows...
Always watch on native language. Never dubs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Always watch on native language. Never dubs.

You know what sucks? I spent 4.5 years in Germany and didn't learn any German. Well, maybe like 10-15 basic words like guten morgan, guten tag, einbahnstrasse (that was an important one LOL ). I also learned how to break MPH to KPH pretty quick since I owned an American car. Had I took the time to learn instead of getting wasted all the time, I could probably really dig this movie.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 04:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You know what sucks? I spent 4.5 years in Germany and didn't learn any German. Well, maybe like 10-15 basic words like guten morgan, guten tag, einbahnstrasse (that was an important one LOL ). I also learned how to break MPH to KPH pretty quick since I owned an American car. Had I took the time to learn instead of getting wasted all the time, I could probably really dig this movie.

You at least became fluent in ordering brewskis then, right?
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 06:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You at least became fluent in ordering brewskis then, right?

Yes. Yes of course. Absolutely.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 12:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's a question probably discussed before, but the show DARK has great reviews. I tried to start it last night but I couldn't find it in English, only English subtitles. Is this the way the series is or is there an English version?

EDIT: I settled for Peaky Blinders. However, 2 episodes in, I'm kinda struggling with keeping interest. The British accent is a little too tough for me to decipher.

Subtitles. Peaky Blinders is so damn good. Do it, I started the same exact way and left it alone for a couple years then randomly went back to it. It’s great.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 04:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You know what sucks? I spent 4.5 years in Germany and didn't learn any German. Well, maybe like 10-15 basic words like guten morgan, guten tag, einbahnstrasse (that was an important one LOL ). I also learned how to break MPH to KPH pretty quick since I owned an American car. Had I took the time to learn instead of getting wasted all the time, I could probably really dig this movie.

4.5 years and not learning any german sounds like par for the course for enlisted stationed there.  :)  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I loved this show. I started it one day because I was bored and it seemed a little interesting but I was not confident I would like it. Quickly became addicted.

Loved the 80's old school vibe from the beginning. I am on the last 2 episodes of Supernatural though before I delve into
Stranger Things season 4. Heard it broke NetFlix the other night.
Reply/Quote

Rep for that sig.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 07:38 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Subtitles. Peaky Blinders is so damn good. Do it, I started the same exact way and left it alone for a couple years then randomly went back to it. It’s great.

Arthur fookin Shelby!

And yeah - it’s a great show all around. Looking forward to the movie.

Reply/Quote
Was researching the guitar solo and Joseph Quinn (Eddie) actually did play Master of Puppets on Stranger Things. Metallica's bass players son also joined in the effort and played the actual solo of the song. Not bad for an actor to be able to rip like Quinn did in that scene.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Was researching the guitar solo and Joseph Quinn (Eddie) actually did play Master of Puppets on Stranger Things. Metallica's bass players son also joined in the effort and played the actual solo of the song. Not bad for an actor to be able to rip like Quinn did in that scene.

"Performing the song for the character was Tye Trujillo, the 17-year-old son of Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo, who was credited for providing “additional guitar tracks” on the episode. The proud papa posted a short video of the credits at the end of the season finale where his son’s name is listed."

They both did a great job.   Kirk worked with him for this scene

Metallica was beyond Thrilled to have their song included...  
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Was researching the guitar solo and Joseph Quinn (Eddie) actually did play Master of Puppets on Stranger Things. Metallica's bass players son also joined in the effort and played the actual solo of the song. Not bad for an actor to be able to rip like Quinn did in that scene.

(07-07-2022, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: "Performing the song for the character was Tye Trujillo, the 17-year-old son of Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo, who was credited for providing “additional guitar tracks” on the episode. The proud papa posted a short video of the credits at the end of the season finale where his son’s name is listed."

They both did a great job.   Kirk worked with him for this scene

Metallica was beyond Thrilled to have their song included...  

This is awesome. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Watching "Comey Rule" again. Wow!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Metallica was beyond Thrilled to have their song included...  

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Thanks for this Nicomo, holy shit I love this so much lol

Have always thought James Hetfield was one of the best dudes in music and this shows why. Such a humble brother.

Also really like Joe Quinn once I watched this, seems very humble just the same. What a blast for him and everyone included. Rock On

BTW, been watching Stranger Things and actually savoring it this time around unlike when it first came out and I had to binge it.

Have a little more will power than back then.
Reply/Quote
Gonna try and start Sandman this weekend. Heard good things so far, and the comics are an all time classic.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 01:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gonna try and start Sandman this weekend. Heard good things so far, and the comics are an all time classic.

This was fantastic. Particularly episodes 5 & 6.

Reply/Quote
Kobra Kia Season 5 is out
Reply/Quote
The Last Kingdoms Movie...

7 Kings must Die is out tomorrow. If you follow the series you probably wont want to miss the movie.

If you haven't followed the series. It might be a good time to check it out.

Also it looks like the netflix movie Extraction.. Has a sequel coming this year (didnt see the exact date)
Reply/Quote
Saw the Show Ragnarok.... Is getting another Season(3)... Check this show out if you like Norse Mythology. its pretty short i think around just 4 episodes a season but was enjoyable
Reply/Quote