Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetFlix Shows...
(07-31-2017, 03:57 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I just finished season 2 of Last Chance U. Pretty good although I feel like season 1 was better. I'm torn on season 3 as I like following up with EMCC, but I'm curious to see what a non-power house JC looks like.

Probably start watching GLOW next.

You got to see what a non power JC looks like when they played the team that was 0-8. What you did see though was a group of guys who appeared to be enjoying their experience more even in defeat which was an interesting parallel to what was happening at EMCC. I find Last Chance U interesting for the redemption stories of the players, but also you see how ill prepared these guys were to go to college in general not just D1 schools. I think a third season would be the most compelling because of all the departures after season 2 from a coaching and administrative stand point.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just finished watching Ozark, with Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. Interesting show with a very talented cast. I'm looking forward to where they go in season 2.

Anyone else given it a watch?

I liked it OK.  Even considering they wanted to keep it open for another season, i felt they left too much unresolved.  spoiler:  I really didn't like the way Esai Morales' character was killed.  He was a really good character, and that just seemed a lazy way to kill him.  and do you really kill the guy who is going to buy all your product and launder all your money and hope his boss will keep the deal?  Even if you are a psychopath?  

It was interesting to see Jason Bateman play a character that all in all was pretty unlikable.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 09:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: You got to see what a non power JC looks like when they played the team that was 0-8. What you did see though was a group of guys who appeared to be enjoying their experience more even in defeat which was an interesting parallel to what was happening at EMCC. I find Last Chance U interesting for the redemption stories of the players, but also you see how ill prepared these guys were to go to college in general not just D1 schools. I think a third season would be the most compelling because of all the departures after season 2 from a coaching and administrative stand point.

I agree about the Coahoma coach. That guy seems like he can build that program. His attitude was infectious.

I heard about Wagner's departure before the season debuted, but I was surprised by all of the coaching changes. I really want to know if the OC, who stepped down, will eventually return to coaching. I know the show makes some of the players come off as idiots, but I believe that's partially Hollywood story telling. Kam Carter came out after the show debuted and said the cameras didn't show how he left with a 3.75 GPA.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 03:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I agree about the Coahoma coach. That guy seems like he can build that program. His attitude was infectious.

I heard about Wagner's departure before the season debuted, but I was surprised by all of the coaching changes. I really want to know if the OC, who stepped down, will eventually return to coaching. I know the show makes some of the players come off as idiots, but I believe that's partially Hollywood story telling. Kam Carter came out after the show debuted and said the cameras didn't show how he left with a 3.75 GPA.

I think at a JC it is a lot more likely than not many of them do struggle with grades. If most of them could have qualified through the NCAA clearing house they would have started off at D1 or D2 schools. Kam Carter obviously qualified out of HS, so I am not sure I would have expected him to be one of the grade issue guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 02:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I liked it OK.  Even considering they wanted to keep it open for another season, i felt they left too much unresolved.  spoiler:  I really didn't like the way Esai Morales' character was killed.  He was a really good character, and that just seemed a lazy way to kill him.  and do you really kill the guy who is going to buy all your product and launder all your money and hope his boss will keep the deal?  Even if you are a psychopath?  

It was interesting to see Jason Bateman play a character that all in all was pretty unlikable.  

Agreed. Didn't like it at all. He was a solid, and interesting character. If there is a season 2, I hope whoever they bring in as the cartel rep does an equally good job.

Bateman has talked about what might happen if there's a 2nd season:

Besides working closely with the Snells in that new partnership, he also stated that -

“He (Marty) might spend a little time up in St. Louis or Kansas City in pursuing some of these bigger deals that he’s going to need to accomplish to get this bigger number washed,”
Reply/Quote
Rick and Morty is the best Netflix show !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 02:20 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Rick and Morty is the best Netflix show !

Not in the U.S., as it isnt availabe to stream over here on it. I did read it is on Hulu though, or Adult Swim app maybe. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 01:09 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Not in the U.S., as it isnt availabe to stream over here on it. I did read it is on Hulu though, or Adult Swim app maybe. 

It's on Hulu, but it's censored.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Watched a documentary movie 'Unacknowledged'. It has to be one of the best, of not the best documentary I have seen on UFOs and our government. Granted that isnt saying much, but definitely not like some of the cheesier ones on History channel and elsewhere (though I watch those too lol).

Reply/Quote
Narcos season 3 came out yesterday. Made it through first few episodes outta 10. It's good, but I like drug lord kind of movies/shows. But I can't say its as good yet as it was when it centered on Pablo. Big fan of first two seasons.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:40 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Narcos season 3 came out yesterday. Made it through first few episodes outta 10. It's good, but I like drug lord kind of movies/shows. But I can't say its as good yet as it was when it centered on Pablo. Big fan of first two seasons.

Same here. Love the show. I'm up to episode 5 and the story this season has gotten better I think. There is less blood this season and more game playing (like the trap they set to snare Gilberto).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Season 3 Narcos was good overall. I liked seasons 1&2 better because I became more attached to the characters it seemed. This season had more major players involved, yet few episodes to really get into some of the characters.

Season 4 will be on Mexico, which should be a good one. Of course cant wait for the ultra-liberals hating on it lol.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 09:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Watched a documentary movie 'Unacknowledged'. It has to be one of the best, of not the best documentary I have seen on UFOs and our government. Granted that isnt saying much, but definitely not like some of the cheesier ones on History channel and elsewhere (though I watch those too lol).

I watched it last night. 

Not bad.

What do you think of this documentary?

One concept that they did not cover is the government actually pushing the "UFO" phenomena to distract from their own testing.

A "false flag" to those observing the unknown projects leading believers in one direction, while pushing the general public into scoffing and ridiculing because of the "alien" tag.

Most people don't even know about historically recorded projects.  Like using nuclear powered aircraft after WWII and the still ongoing project of 747s equipped with high powered lasers for missile defense.

The Stealth bomber being introduced 20-30yrs after it's existence.

There is no doubt in my mind that testing is going on that is much more advanced than we could even imagine.

My Dad is a retired highly ranked Air Force aeronautical engineer who worked on several key defense projects.

This piques my interest more in technology and these black defense projects more than UFO phenomena itself.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 09:38 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I watched it last night. 

Not bad.

What do you think of this documentary?

One concept that they did not cover is the government actually pushing the "UFO" phenomena to distract from their own testing.

A "false flag" to those observing the unknown projects leading believers in one direction, while pushing the general public into scoffing and ridiculing because of the "alien" tag.

Most people don't even know about historically recorded projects.  Like using nuclear powered aircraft after WWII and the still ongoing project of 747s equipped with high powered lasers for missile defense.

The Stealth bomber being introduced 20-30yrs after it's existence.

There is no doubt in my mind that testing is going on that is much more advanced than we could even imagine.

My Dad is a retired highly ranked Air Force aeronautical engineer who worked on several key defense projects.

This piques my interest more in technology and these black defense projects more than UFO phenomena itself.

that's just it though I don't know why when someone hears UFO its "ALIENS"  lol   it just means you cant Identify it.  many of these sightings are most likely just that.  

Its possible there are alien space ship sightings but it doesn't make much sense as they would be in voliation of the prime directive (I kid) but there doesn't seem to be a reason they would let themselves be seen  but not take any futher action.      You also have to think if they were spaceships the network of 1000s of satelites would pick one up.

I say this and I would love for it to be aliens unless they want our planet or to eat us.
Reply/Quote
Would definitely like to talk about aliens, ufos, the unknown, conspiricies, etc. But not in this thread.

But I am always hoping that a super cool mod or mods will create a subforum, maybe in P&R area, just for stuff like that and paranormal topics.

Maybe call it the Strange and Unknown subforum.

Reply/Quote
Just finished binge watching Season 4 of Bojack Horseman. It may not be a show for everyone, but for me it is really moving. I really care about the characters. Good stuff.

Reply/Quote
We had suicide awareness training on Friday and they focused on a show called 13 Reasons. Basically the story is a young girl commits suicide but leaves a tape for the 13 people she blamed for her suicide. I tried to watch an episode, but could not. Some folks might like it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We had suicide awareness training on Friday and they focused on a show called 13 Reasons. Basically the story is a young girl commits suicide but leaves a tape for the 13 people she blamed for her suicide. I tried to watch an episode, but could not. Some folks might like it.

"You ate the last yogurt.  Welcome to your tape."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We had suicide awareness training on Friday and they focused on a show called 13 Reasons. Basically the story is a young girl commits suicide but leaves a tape for the 13 people she blamed for her suicide. I tried to watch an episode, but could not. Some folks might like it.

I saw it. Im meh about it overall. Its based off a book, and its pure fiction. But some people are treating it like it really happened and the events in it were real. By the end of it, I was nitpicking plotholes and how some of the main events in it just seemed not realistic, even if they were made up.

Reply/Quote
Narcos is so awesome. Less "shock and violence" this season, but really no less dramatic. I think the writing and story were tighter this year.

It's never dull, it's never slow and ALWAYS compelling and interesting. There rarely (if ever) is a bad or boring episode. I may have to figure out which other show to bump off my "all-time top-5" list.

I think Mexico has the potential to be even better. The problem is Pedro Pascal doesn't know if he will be back, and it's tough to maintain momentum if you swap out lead characters every year or two. I don't think S3 introduced any new DEA to carry the torch. Maybe Pena's partner in S1&S2 was "re-assigned" to Mexico and they could go back to him to maintain some continuity.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote