Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetFlix Shows...
(09-16-2017, 06:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Narcos is so awesome.  Less "shock and violence" this season, but really no less dramatic.  I think the writing and story were tighter this year.

It's never dull, it's never slow and ALWAYS compelling and interesting.  There rarely (if ever) is a bad or boring episode.  I may have to figure out which other show to bump off my "all-time top-5" list.  

I think Mexico has the potential to be even better.  The problem is Pedro Pascal doesn't know if he will be back, and it's tough to maintain momentum if you swap out lead characters every year or two.  I don't think S3 introduced any new DEA to carry the torch.  Maybe Pena's partner in S1&S2 was "re-assigned" to Mexico and they could go back to him to maintain some continuity.

I'm a big fan, too. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 06:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Narcos is so awesome.  Less "shock and violence" this season, but really no less dramatic.  I think the writing and story were tighter this year.

It's never dull, it's never slow and ALWAYS compelling and interesting.  There rarely (if ever) is a bad or boring episode.  I may have to figure out which other show to bump off my "all-time top-5" list.  

I think Mexico has the potential to be even better.  The problem is Pedro Pascal doesn't know if he will be back, and it's tough to maintain momentum if you swap out lead characters every year or two.  I don't think S3 introduced any new DEA to carry the torch.  Maybe Pena's partner in S1&S2 was "re-assigned" to Mexico and they could go back to him to maintain some continuity.

(09-16-2017, 07:19 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm a big fan, too. ThumbsUp

Yeah it's a great show. I think I like 1 & 2 better, but that is because of the characters in it, though I thought season 3 was more historically accurate overall. Characters like Poison & the Colonel were fictional, but showed what lengths both sides did. But in season 3 pretty much most of that happened like they showed, like the security guy and the accountant. 

Also did you notice in the last episode of season 2 at the bar, where Pena was at when Pablo was killed, the real Murphy and Pena were sitting there. It was a quick scene, but they did a cheer with their beer glasses. Pretty cool they gave them a brief cameo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/%E2%80%98narcos%E2%80%99-location-scout-found-shot-dead-in-mexico/ar-AAs11GM

Speaking of Narcos, a location scout for the show was murdered in central Mexico while scouting for a location for season 4. Said the car and hisself was bullet-ridden, and occurred in the worst homicide rate area of Mexico.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 02:44 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Speaking of Narcos, a location scout for the show was murdered in central Mexico while scouting for a location for season 4. Said the car and hisself was bullet-ridden, and occurred in the worst homicide rate area of Mexico.

Damn.

I read an article about Pedro Pascal (Pena) about how safe and welcome he felt in Cali and how he loved it and felt completely safe exploring and enjoying the country....and I didn't buy it (especially when he talks about how people, basically, didn't like the portrayal of their country).

Same article - I did think it was pretty cool that PP said he had a real relationship with the real Pena....Not BFF's, but more like close colleagues.  Said they talk like once or twice a year and not about the show, at all.  PP seems like he'd be a good dude to have a beer with.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I'm watching "First They Killed My Father". Very powerful and well done. Some incredible filming with the overhead cuts as well. Also, it is a true story.

You'll cheer for the Vietnamese when they come to save these children from the Khmer Rouge. The Khmer Rouge killed over a quarter of Cambodia's population.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I watched the good place and it is a funny one.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:29 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I watched the good place and it is a funny one.

Yeah it's not bad.  Season 2 is under way now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:12 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm watching "First They Killed My Father". Very powerful and well done. Some incredible filming with the overhead cuts as well. Also, it is a true story.

You'll cheer for the Vietnamese when they come to save these children from the Khmer Rouge. The Khmer Rouge killed over a quarter of Cambodia's population.

[Image: 5831d693fb52f1dade1aed00b0a31c95ec3b441b...372993.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Started watchings Its always Sunny

Its had some good moments so far only thru the first 5 eps... But when does Davito show up?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Started watchings Its always Sunny

Its had some good moments so far  only thru the first 5 eps...    But when does Davito show up?

2nd season.  It grows on you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Since "Stranger Things" was mentioned in this thread and that is what got me to watch it, I thought some might like to know the second season drops tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Watched the movie Snow Piercer Liked it a lot.
Reply/Quote
Godless was a decent show.  It was kind of different to see Jeff Daniels in a villain role. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 02:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Godless was a decent show.  It was kind of different to see Jeff Daniels in a villain role. 

It was OK.  I had some serious complaints, but I can;t remember them anymore.

Reply/Quote
Wife and I have been watching “seven Seconds.” 10 eps, 1hr each. Will end up giving it great ratings as long as last 2 don’t eff it up.

Reply/Quote
Thinking we may have different tastes on series, but ones I have enjoyed are

Hell on Wheels, SOA, and Marco Polo

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 11:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Thinking we may have different tastes on series, but ones I have enjoyed are

Hell on Wheels, SOA, and Marco Polo

First two were really good.  Marco Polo seemed so much time between seasons I lost interest.  

Reply/Quote
Trailer Park Boys Season 12 up today.  No Jim Leahy though. Sad

Reply/Quote
Correction: Leahy is in the whole season. Only 364 more days til the new season!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 07:14 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wife and I have been watching “seven Seconds.” 10 eps, 1hr each. Will end up giving it great ratings as long as last 2 don’t eff it up.

Totally did not see the series ending like it did. Don’t know if I’m suggesting this series or not?

Reply/Quote