Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetFlix Shows...
(10-16-2017, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Started watchings Its always Sunny

Its had some good moments so far only thru the first 5 eps... But when does Davito show up?

It only gets better and better.
Reply/Quote
How about "Safe"? I thought it was pretty good. A little bit like the first season of "The Killing". It takes place in England with Dexter sporting an English accent. He is a surgeon trying to find his high school aged daughter who goes missing.

btw...I always think it's cool when I find out some American character is actually English in real life. Not a big fan of Americans acting Brits though. I feel I've been ripped off for some reason.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 05:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How about "Safe"?  I thought it was pretty good.  A little bit like the first season of "The Killing".  It takes place in England with Dexter sporting an English accent.  He is a surgeon trying to find his high school aged daughter who goes missing.  

btw...I always think it's cool when I find out some American character is actually English in real life.  Not a big fan of Americans acting Brits though.  I feel I've been ripped off for some reason.

hopefully it ends better than the dexter series....   First about 4-5 seasons were pretty good then it just went sideways.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 11:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hopefully it ends better than the dexter series....   First about 4-5 seasons were pretty good then it just went sideways.

Yeah especially once his sister found out.  I think today's writers feel this need to have the people grow and evolve. They seem to not feel comfortable sticking to the formula that makes the show a success. You take Rockford Files or Cheers etc, and except for some characters changing, the first episode is pretty much like the last.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 11:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah especially once his sister found out.  I think today's writers feel this need to have the people grow and evolve.  They seem to not feel comfortable sticking to the formula that makes the show a success.  You take Rockford Files or Cheers etc, and except for some characters changing, the first episode is pretty much like the last.

lol the old saying why fix whats not broken....      
Reply/Quote
We watched the "How to get away with Murder" series. Good stuff. It's all lawyery and secret agency type killing stuff. Pretty good but I think there will be more to follow. We did this while waiting for the final season of Scandal to come out. Although we started knowing the similarieties between the 2 series, they kind of mend near the end. Kind of cool.

Reply/Quote
Anyone watch the new season of Last Chance U?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Mindhunter was good, about how the FBI behavioral science unit got started.

Manhunt:Unabomber was also good, with Paul Bettany playing the unabomber and Sam Worthington as the FBI agent that brought him down.

Watched first season of The Sinner, with Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. Second season is on USA right now. But actually a good show, at least I thought it was.

Oh yeah, watched seasons 1 & 2 of GLOW. Its pretty good. Netflix already greenlit the 3rd season for it too. Plus its a good one to watch with the girl.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Wife and I just started watching Wentworth. About a woman's prison in Australia I believe. 4 epsiodes in and we were pretty much whisked away the 1 episode.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wife and I just started watching Wentworth. About a woman's prison in Australia I believe. 4 epsiodes in and we were pretty much whisked away the 1 episode.

I gave it a chance, but gave up on it after season 1 when the main girl dies.

j/k

But I did give up on it tho.

Reply/Quote
Started watching 'Luther'....it has some really good suspense scenes...
[Image: fanart-159591-9.jpg]

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 06:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I gave it a chance, but gave up on it after season 1 when the main girl dies.

j/k

But I did give up on it tho.

Spoiler alert

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
the haunting of hill house has been a good watch so far....
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the haunting of hill house has been a good watch so far....

Watched the first three episodes, really liked it
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the haunting of hill house has been a good watch so far....

(11-20-2018, 12:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Watched the first three episodes, really liked it

A newer hidden gem Netflix added.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Watched the first three episodes, really liked it

yeah after ep 3 or 4 I kinda had to binge watch the rest...  it sucked me in like that girl in polterguist
Reply/Quote

It gets a little slow in some of the middle ones, and after I finished it I'm not sure I understood everything.  Or anything.  

But if I were sleeping on a couch and I looked up and saw that woman's face floating three inches from my face, I'd have some issues as well.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It gets a little slow in some of the middle ones, and after I finished it I'm not sure I understood everything.  Or anything.  

But if I were sleeping on a couch and I looked up and saw that woman's face floating three inches from my face, I'd have some issues as well.

more like a what happens after the horror story horror story...

Showing how it this haunts their lives...    I don't want to give to many spoilers but the way they handled the bent neck lady was really interesting.
Reply/Quote
Ozark
Atypical

Enjoyed both a lot.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 03:15 AM)Beaker Wrote: Ozark
Atypical

Enjoyed both a lot.

Like em both

Reply/Quote