Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Forget
(09-12-2019, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I knew. No where did I say:

or

For clarity then (so I am not accused of "talking out of my ass" again:  Why did you bring up the "elephant in the room"?  What did you "mean"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-12-2019, 05:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: For clarity then (so I am not accused of "talking out of my ass" again:  Why did you bring up the "elephant in the room"?  What did you "mean"?
I thought I explained the difference when I stated 9/11 and Pearl Harbor were acts of aggression against us by a force that looked to do us harm. No where did I state "We shouldn't remember one group" or "we should remember one group more. That's just some BS made up by a couple guys. 

As Americans we hold a little different approach of remembrance to those that looked to intentionally  do us harm. We use it as a rallying cry. No different than Europe remembering D-Day.  The loss of the individual lives from Natural disasters should not be "remembered more" or even worse "not remembered at all" as a couple gentlemen on here have asserted in the attempt to put words in another's mouth.

Funny you take exception with "being accused" but could care less when your accusing people of things they never said and deep down you most likely knew that was not the intent, you were simply trolling for a response. Not that I'd EVER expect you to be forthright enough to admit that. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-12-2019, 10:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: Weird, so we only should remember people killed by attacks? Were their lives less valuable because of the way of their untimely death?

I don't think anyone is making such a point.

9/11 just was a result of human evil, and of an hostile attack on the country, which certainly is more impactful for a nation as a striking force of nature. Of course that changes contemplation. That has nothing to do with valueing people's life differently.
(09-12-2019, 06:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't think anyone is making such a point.

9/11 just was a result of human evil, and of an hostile attack on the country, which certainly is more impactful for a nation as a striking force of nature. Of course that changes contemplation. That has nothing to do with valueing people's life differently.

Not that you're asking for it but: Thank you for that. 

(09-12-2019, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought I explained the difference when I stated 9/11 and Pearl Harbor were acts of aggression against us by a force that looked to do us harm. No where did I state "We shouldn't remember one group" or "we should remember one group more. That's just some BS made up by a couple guys. 

As Americans we hold a little different approach of remembrance to those that looked to intentionally  do us harm. We use it as a rallying cry. No different than Europe remembering D-Day.  The loss of the individual lives from Natural disasters should not be "remembered more" or even worse "not remembered at all" as a couple gentlemen on here have asserted in the attempt to put words in another's mouth.

It was asked if we/you/someone remembers people killed by Hurricane katrina also.  Your response was/is that there is a difference between an attack from a foreign assailant and a natural disaster.  *IF* that *doesn't* mean that the victims of the two should be look at differently and why even bring it up?  Just say we should remember both the same.

(09-12-2019, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Funny you take exception with "being accused" but could care less when your accusing people of things they never said and deep down you most likely knew that was not the intent, you were simply trolling for a response. Not that I'd EVER expect you to be forthright enough to admit that. 

Mellow

It's "couldn't care less".

Ninja
(09-12-2019, 08:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was asked if we/you/someone remembers people killed by Hurricane katrina also.  Your response was/is that there is a difference between an attack from a foreign assailant and a natural disaster.  *IF* that *doesn't* mean that the victims of the two should be look at differently and why even bring it up?  Just say we should remember both the same.

Mellow

It's "couldn't care less".

Ninja
I apologize and withdraw my earlier accusation. You obviously had no idea of the intent of my reply. I apologize for accusing you of such awareness. 

Let's see if we can work toward self-discovery. Do you think my point meant that folks killed during Katrina shouldn't be remembered as I was first accused of? (Answer to yourself, not here)

I further apologize to the forum by stating nothing has changed in my absence. Apparently SSF has learned to disengage when you go this route. I think I'll follow his fine example.

(09-12-2019, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I apologize and withdraw my earlier accusation. You obviously had no idea of the intent of my reply. I apologize for accusing you of such awareness. 

Let's see if we can work toward self-discovery. Do you think my point meant that folks killed during Katrina shouldn't be remembered as I was first accused of? (Answer to yourself, not here)

I further apologize to the forum by stating nothing has changed in my absence. Apparently SSF has learned to disengage when you go this route. I think I'll follow his fine example.

[Image: cross-wood.jpg]

When the subject of victims of natural disasters was raised you said there was a difference (an "elephant in the room") between the two.

Explain the difference when it comes to remembering the victims or there is none and your point was moot.
(09-12-2019, 06:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't think anyone is making such a point.

As usual our resident European friend (yes I'm ignoring Arturo, because he's French!!  Ninja ) brings some common sense to the party.  Even when it's not on my side I appreciate it.
(09-12-2019, 03:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Apparently, the North Carolina GOP chose to forget this year:

https://www.businessinsider.com/north-carolina-house-republicans-surprise-budget-veto-vote-2019-9?fbclid=IwAR2s8xc9faIFKy0QKHguy5P-f06KJDYm5WAcu9vWP6nhGD4Qo2LDGyA0A8o

Democrats thwarted more tricks by the Senate and the budget did not get vetoed.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article236874893.html

Quote:The North Carolina legislature is done trying to override Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper’s vetoes on the budget and a few other hot-button issues — until at least next year.

The N.C. Senate and House of Representatives both adjourned Thursday evening, putting a temporary end to one of the longest legislative sessions in recent years that was dominated by redistricting lawsuits and a fight over the budget and Medicaid expansion.

The House voted to override Cooper’s budget veto in a controversial vote Sept. 11, when nearly every Democrat was absent. But in the Senate, Democrats were able to keep Cooper’s veto alive. They hold 21 of the 50 seats, which is the minimum number of votes needed to stop a veto override.

“The votes were not ready to be taken so we’ve now moved that as well as a couple other overrides,” Republican Senate leader Phil Berger said Thursday in a press conference after the session ended.

Apparently (from what I saw on Twitter) the GOP would call a session, see all 21 Democrats showed up (just enough to block the veto) and then the GOP would call for a recess.  Over and over and over.  For a couple days.

If they ain't cheatin' they ain't winnin' it seems.